124.2 KB · Views: 78
  • Screen Shot 2015-08-23 at 08.05.35.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-08-23 at 08.05.35.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 88
  • Screen Shot 2015-08-23 at 08.06.01.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-08-23 at 08.06.01.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 81
This can be resolved with a Clover EFI patch

How exactly...? Where do i paste the code from the link you provide it? Is some kind of option in Clover Configurator?

I don't know where to put the patch... Can you please give me a hint?

Patched the backlight control and brightness keys from [Guide] Patching DSDT/SSDT for LAPTOP backlight control. Everything works ok.

Still don't know where to put/paste/patch the code lines from [Fix] Resolve boot screen garble. Please give me a hand on this one too.

Sometimes my laptop stop responding (freezes) and i had to hard reset it from the power button. It happened shortly after the boot screen garble appears, and from last night until now happened for about 3-5 times. Do you think that after [Fix] Resolve boot screen garble it will be ok?

I attach some more screenshots taken when switching thru wallpapers. At some point the laptop freeze with cursor movement only, and i had to hard reboot it from the power button. I managed to take one photo with my phone of the arable/scramble screen.

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder.

Still don't know where to put/paste/patch the code lines from [Fix] Resolve boot screen garble. Please give me a hand on this one too.

The patch is provided in the config.plist files linked by my Clover guide.

You just have to enable it (remove 'disabled:' from Name).

Sometimes my laptop stop responding (freezes) and i had to hard reset it from the power button. It happened shortly after the boot screen garble appears, and from last night until now happened for about 3-5 times. Do you think that after [Fix] Resolve boot screen garble it will be ok?

That is some other problem.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP)

View attachment DSDT.aml.zip

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app

View attachment Padre’s MacBook Pro.zip

And output from:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]13    2 0xffffff7f82390000 0x5f000    0x5f000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>[/FONT]

kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]22    0 0xffffff7f81fa8000 0x2b000    0x2b000    com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (218.0.0) <7 6 5 4 3 1>[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]   29    0 0xffffff7f81fa3000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient (218.0.0) <7 6 5 4 3 1>[/FONT]

kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]88    0 0xffffff7f81e45000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleLPC (1.7.3) <87 12 5 4 3>[/FONT]

Also, post EFI/Clover folder

View attachment CLOVER.zip

The patch is provided in the config.plist files linked by my Clover guide.

You just have to enable it (remove 'disabled:' from Name)

Call me stupid...but i don't know to handle this. Simply i don't know/undrestand what i have to do, from where to take it, where to put it, with what program...

The link you're talking is this one? https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config

From that place i got my config_HD3000_1366x768.plist wich now it's renamed to config.plist in my LocalHDD EFI Partition/EFI/CLOVER/ directory. If i look at the config_HD3000_1366x768.plist in 'Raw' mode, i can search to

Code:
[COLOR=#000000]<dict>[/COLOR]               
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Boot graphics glitch, 10.10.2/10.10.3</string>
<key>Name</key>
<string>disabled:IOGraphicsFamily</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>QYjE6xE=</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>QYjE6zE=</data> [COLOR=#000000]   
</dict>[/COLOR]

I'm somewhere near?... Here i have to delete 'disabled:'? And if yes, after that where do i have to paste this part? Wich tool do i have to use?

I'm really really sorry about that. Please excuse me for being such a :crazy:

Last edited:
Call me stupid...but i don't know to handle this. Simply i don't know/undrestand what i have to do, from where to take it, where to put it, with what program...

The link you're talking is this one? https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config

From that place i got my config_HD3000_1366x768.plist wich now it's renamed to config.plist in my LocalHDD EFI Partition/EFI/CLOVER/ directory. If i look at the config_HD3000_1366x768.plist in 'Raw' mode, i can search to

Code:
[COLOR=#000000]<dict>[/COLOR]               
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Boot graphics glitch, 10.10.2/10.10.3</string>
<key>Name</key>
<string>disabled:IOGraphicsFamily</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>QYjE6xE=</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>QYjE6zE=</data> [COLOR=#000000]   
</dict>[/COLOR]

I'm somewhere near?... Here i have to delete 'disabled:'? And if yes, after that where do i have to paste this part? With tool do i have to use?

Use a plist editor such as Xcode to change the Name from 'disabled:IOGraphicsFamily' to 'IOGraphicsFamily'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back