Contribute
Register

Hp pavilion dv6-6c65sx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure you install Clover with correct legacy settings.

I already followed the guide
- unchecked "Install for UEFI booting only"
- unchecked "Install Clover in the ESP"
- boot0af
- checked "CloverEFI"
- checked "BGM"
- then copied fakesmc,VoodooPS2Controller and config.plist

No idea what you mean by "that screen".
The screen that I attached in Post9

I already followed the guide
- unchecked "Install for UEFI booting only"
- unchecked "Install Clover in the ESP"
- boot0af
- checked "CloverEFI"
- checked "BGM"
- then copied fakesmc,VoodooPS2Controller and config.plist

Probably your USB is not using the correct partition format.
Make sure you used MBR/2-partition, as per recommendation in the guide (not GPT).

The screen that I attached in Post9

It is what you might expect when your USB is not partitioned correctly.

Probably your USB is not using the correct partition format.
Make sure you used MBR/2-partition, as per recommendation in the guide (not GPT).

It is what you might expect when your USB is not partitioned correctly.
I am sure I used this:-
Code:
# repartition /dev/disk1 MBR, two partitions
# first partition, "CLOVER EFI" FAT32, 200MiB
# second partition, "install_osx", HFS+J, remainder
diskutil partitionDisk /dev/disk1 2 MBR FAT32 "CLOVER EFI" 200Mi HFS+J "install_osx" R
Even though I can reach the clover partition from windows 10, That means it is MBR.

I am sure I used this:-
Code:
# repartition /dev/disk1 MBR, two partitions
# first partition, "CLOVER EFI" FAT32, 200MiB
# second partition, "install_osx", HFS+J, remainder
diskutil partitionDisk /dev/disk1 2 MBR FAT32 "CLOVER EFI" 200Mi HFS+J "install_osx" R
Even though I can reach the clover partition from windows 10, That means it is MBR.

You could also get that error if you don't install Clover correctly.
Or if your USB does not have an active partition (fdisk can be used to set an active partition).

You could also get that error if you don't install Clover correctly.
Or if your USB does not have an active partition (fdisk can be used to set an active partition).
I marked the partition that has 14 gb and I got the "boot0af: error"
I marked the partition that has 200mb and I got the same screen in POST9.

Also I downloaded the clover from https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/clover/downloads/

Last edited:
The active partition should be the FAT32 "CLOVER EFI" partition.
Same screen in POST 9.

I can reach the bootloader only when I use the unibeast. Following the guide is useless for my laptop. This is not my first hackintosh.

Same screen in POST 9.

I can reach the bootloader only when I use the unibeast. Following the guide is useless for my laptop. This is not my first hackintosh.

You should check that you have a correct active partition. You can use fdisk. It will show the active partition with *.

You should check that you have a correct active partition. You can use fdisk. It will show the active partition with *.

It is already active but when I restart the computer after diskpart I log to diskpart and I see the * is hidden from the partition that I marked it as active

Code:
DISKPART> list partition

Partition ###  Type              Size     Offset
  -------------  ----------------  -------  -------
* Partition 1    Primary            200 MB   1024 B
  Partition 2    Primary             14 GB   200 MB

I tried another software like Acronis Disk Director to check if it active or not, it shows that the partition is already active also I tried to unplug the hd and boot but I still get stuck at that screen like I attached here.

I tried to boot this usb from an old pc it is bootable there also on another laptop. I am sure it has something with the usb ports in the clover or my laptop.
- My laptop has 4 ports. 2 USB on the right and 2 USB on the left.
- When I use unibeast and boot from the usb on the left I get stuck at same screen.
- When I use unibeast and boot from the usb on the right I can reach the clover.
- When I use the guide clover I get stuck on all 4 ports.
- My laptop doesn't support UEFI or CSM
I hope this info helps.

Attachments

• t.jpg
    t.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 94
It is already active but when I restart the computer after diskpart I log to diskpart and I see the * is hidden from the partition that I marked it as active

Code:
DISKPART> list partition

Partition ###  Type              Size     Offset
  -------------  ----------------  -------  -------
* Partition 1    Primary            200 MB   1024 B
  Partition 2    Primary             14 GB   200 MB

I tried another software like Acronis Disk Director to check if it active or not, it shows that the partition is already active also I tried to unplug the hd and boot but I still get stuck at that screen like I attached here.

I tried to boot this usb from an old pc it is bootable there also on another laptop. I am sure it has something with the usb ports in the clover or my laptop.
- My laptop has 4 ports. 2 USB on the right and 2 USB on the left.
- When I use unibeast and boot from the usb on the left I get stuck at same screen.
- When I use unibeast and boot from the usb on the right I can reach the clover.
- When I use the guide clover I get stuck on all 4 ports.
- My laptop doesn't support UEFI or CSM
I hope this info helps.

If you have a Unibeast created USB that boots into Clover, I don't know why you're not just using that.
But it must be configured for your hardware as per the Clover laptop guide.

Note: Another reason your BIOS may not boot to a legacy Clover USB would be that you forgot to write the boot0/boot1 boot records to it. boot0af should go to the MBR, and boot1 should go to the "CLOVER EFI" partition. Basically, it requires correct Clover installer options, correct Clover install target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back