Graphics
Intel HD 4600 / GT 740M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I just purchased a new HP Touchsmart laptop. It's running the new Haswell CPU. It's an i7 4900MQ with Intel HD 4600 alongside a GT 740M card. The cards may be an issue, alongside it being a touchscreen laptop. Fundamentally, I am a PC guy. I've never had a Mac, however, and was hoping to dual boot OSX to get a taste for what I'm missing.

I'm new to Hackintosh and the community, so any help is appreciated. Thanks! :D

So I just purchased a new HP Touchsmart laptop. It's running the new Haswell CPU. It's an i7 4900MQ with Intel HD 4600 alongside a GT 740M card. The cards may be an issue, alongside it being a touchscreen laptop. Fundamentally, I am a PC guy. I've never had a Mac, however, and was hoping to dual boot OSX to get a taste for what I'm missing.

I'm new to Hackintosh and the community, so any help is appreciated. Thanks! :D

Haswell is not yet supported by current releases of OS X. From what I understand, unless you have a paid Apple developer account (I don't currently have one, so I don't know all the details), you'll have to wait a while...

Haswell is not yet supported by current releases of OS X. From what I understand, unless you have a paid Apple developer account (I don't currently have one, so I don't know all the details), you'll have to wait a while...

Oh, thanks for the heads up. How long would would you expect the wait to be? Until the release of the next version of OSX?

Oh, thanks for the heads up. How long would would you expect the wait to be? Until the release of the next version of OSX?

When Apple decides.

I purchased an HP Envy 15T Quad with cached hard drive. But I separated the hard drive + cache RAID, replaced cache w/ mSATA SSD and hard drive w/ SATA SSD. Both SSDs r non-RAID disks. Installed dual boot linux + Windows 8 fine. At first, saw no support for Haswell system in OS X installer. Heard from some people mentioned 10.8.5 update might add that support, so I managed to find 10.8.5 combo update, but updated installer still didn't boot. Many say have to wait til 10.9 for official support. Luckily found just days ago some added "Haswell Helper" that would update installer disc and it does help boot into installer GUI: http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=188. But another obstacle stands in way now: no drive detected. My goal isnt to install OS X on USB drive. One guy made a workaround patch to AppleAHCIPort kext to aim at locked RAID disks by HP. But my situation is that both disks already reset to non-RAID separately. http://www.osx86.net/guides-tutoria...-osx-installer-recognize-your-hard-drive.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back