Contribute
Register

Hp Envy 13 d006 Skylake multiple problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally fix the microphone using AppleALC!

Note that you could build a dummyHDA from the files in AppleALC... it is what I would do, but you don't need to if you're happy with AppleALC direct use.

I have spent some time checking NVRAM and I think is partially working, for example the audio volume level is being updated every time but for example the brightness level or the selected menu opened in preferences is not (this last thing I think is related to NVRAM because no matter which is the last opened pane in preferences, every time I open it it loads the same). What do you think?

You should check what the RC scripts are doing...

The problem is that I do not really what to look for, I looked around on google but it did not help me unfortunately

The problem is that I do not really what to look for, I looked around on google but it did not help me unfortunately

Did you read recent posts regarding NVRAM and the RC scripts (logout hook, etc) on the Clover threads on insanelymac.com?
If you don't see the current value as seen in 'nvram backlight-level' reflected in nvram.plist (on EFI after shutdown), then something the rc script is doing is not right (or you have old rc scripts installed).

Yes that is the discussion that I am reading, also I checked the commits in https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/commit_browser and it seems there is a fix integrated in one of the previous version. I am running r4061 (latest version) so how is that I have old rc scripts? Anyway could you please link me the latest RC scripts? This is the final missing piece of the puzzle

UPDATE: Can they be the ones? https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/HEAD/tree/CloverPackage/CloverV2/rcScripts/

Yes that is the discussion that I am reading, also I checked the commits in https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/commit_browser and it seems there is a fix integrated in one of the previous version. I am running r4061 (latest version) so how is that I have old rc scripts? Anyway could you please link me the latest RC scripts? This is the final missing piece of the puzzle

It is possible you did not install the updated rc scripts and just updated Clover only (depends on your selections within the Clover installer).
Or it is possible that the new rc scripts are the broken ones...
RC scripts are installed when you select the option in the Clover installer.

I think I am gonna wait until a new clover update. Thanks a lot Mr. Rehabman for your patience and your precious knowledge now I have a really good machine to work with!!

I think I am gonna wait until a new clover update. Thanks a lot Mr. Rehabman for your patience and your precious knowledge now I have a really good machine to work with!!

Unless there is a problem that is clearly reported to the Clover team, there may be no update to address your problem.
Plus, it may be your mistake (eg. forgot to select "RC scripts"...)

I tried multiple times with different bootable installations and I am sure that I checked RC scripts when installing clover, I think I can try to install some older version... Do you suggest a version in particular?

I tried multiple times with different bootable installations and I am sure that I checked RC scripts when installing clover, I think I can try to install some older version... Do you suggest a version in particular?

I build my Clover from source periodically (usually after reading the Clover threads for a while, and I think there is potentially a good version checked in at the moment... having it broken seriously is quite a common occurance)... I don't pay much attention to versions/etc unless I have a problem... then I refer to the commit log to see what has been changed.

So... you're kind of on your own.
You should probably be looking at the rc script logs to see what is going on.

Hello, after a month of a stable installation I was able to install the BCM94352Z Wifi card using the instructions provided in the FAQ section but suddently this has broke the sleep. Now every time the laptop goees to sleep it reboot itself.

I have attached all the files needed hoping that someone can help me

Thanks a lot

Attachments

• files.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 102
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back