Contribute
Register

Hp Envy 13 d006 Skylake multiple problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would not be easy to fix the microphone, reading the guide you linked I did not understand clearly what to do in order to get the microphone working

I think it would not be easy to fix the microphone, reading the guide you linked I did not understand clearly what to do in order to get the microphone working

No "Problem Reporting" files attached... no ideas or suggestions.

Right sorry, here are the files. Can you also please tell me if I have disabled in some way the sleep the lid is closed (or sleep in general)? Because I have a strange Energy Preferences pane... I have also attached a screenshot of that.

Attachments

• files.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 57
Right sorry, here are the files. Can you also please tell me if I have disabled in some way the sleep the lid is closed (or sleep in general)? Because I have a strange Energy Preferences pane... I have also attached a screenshot of that.

Problems:
- you should not have multiple DSDT files in ACPI/patched (ACPI/patched is not a dumping ground for random stuff)
- you did not provide patchmatic output
- what do you find strange about your SysPrefs->Energy?
- kexts are not installed correctly (all kexts you need should be installed to the system volume)

As far as your audio problem, it is probably a problem in the XML in aDummyHDA.kext...
Or you need tweaks via CodecCommander (and SSDT). You should use google to see if any solutions exist for ALC290.

I have attached the patchmatic output.
What I found strange is that I cannot set when my laptop goes to sleep, in fact I think that It never goes to sleep, even when I close the lid.
For what concerns the aDummy kext I have attached it. I really do not know what to look for...

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    76.3 KB · Views: 72
I have attached the patchmatic output.
What I found strange is that I cannot set when my laptop goes to sleep, in fact I think that It never goes to sleep, even when I close the lid.
For what concerns the aDummy kext I have attached it. I really do not know what to look for...

Keep in mind that there is a 20-sec delay before sleep begins.
And all assertions must be clear (check with "pmset -g assertions" in Terminal).
Your SysPrefs->Energy Saver screens are normal for the SMBIOS you are using.

In order to fix your mic issue, you would need to understand how AppleHDA is patched...

Here is the output of that command can you tell me if everything is ok?

For my audio problem, since my codec (ALC290) is supported by AppleALC is it possible that using that method the microphone problem can be fixed?

Attachments

• assertions.txt
    910 bytes · Views: 137
Here is the output of that command can you tell me if everything is ok?

When the "Address Book Source Sync" is done, your system will sleep eventually as long as the user is inactive.
It should also sleep with Apple->Sleep and with lid close (subject still to 20 sec delay).

For my audio problem, since my codec (ALC290) is supported by AppleALC is it possible that using that method the microphone problem can be fixed?

I cannot predict the future.

I finally fix the microphone using AppleALC! I have spent some time checking NVRAM and I think is partially working, for example the audio volume level is being updated every time but for example the brightness level or the selected menu opened in preferences is not (this last thing I think is related to NVRAM because no matter which is the last opened pane in preferences, every time I open it it loads the same). What do you think?

Attachments

• files.zip
    3 MB · Views: 87
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back