Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello

Using forum posts and the wonderful guide, I have successfully shoe-horned High Sierra 10.13 into an HP Elitedesk SFF 800 G1 and wanted to post my shortcuts for the next person.

1. Use the standard 10.13 guide (with Clover and Clover Configure) with the following mods.

2. HD4600 will not drive the Displayport ports out of the box. You must use the Intel inject setting. The machine will not boot with anything plugged into either DP port without this. If you use VGA, graphics memory will be capped at 7mb and is bad. If using VGA, the Inject Intel setting will halt boot up. Install IntelGraphicsFixup.kext also

3. Sound does not work. Buy a USB dongle for $2.

4. USB3 needs the Inject USB fix. USBInjectAll.kext

5. The 800 g1 has 10 USB ports. You must increase the USB Port numbers (in Clover Config I think)

6. IntelMausiEthernet.kext gets the ethernet port running

7. Sleep is tricky. Use FakeSMC.kext but you WILL need to do the whole Terminal scripting business and compiling that are disucssed in other posts. Then if works a treat.

Not a too painful process. Getting the graphics working took time.

Thank Tonymac crew for the info and awesome guides.

Am using an Eliteone 800 G1 model (all in one model)
here are my specs
i7 4770s
radeon 7650a 2gb
Integrated Hd 4600 intel.
Can i follow the same guide?

I couldnt find anything about the radeon card compatibility. Any idea?

Hi ! Im trying my hands on a hackintosh for the first time & am doing so on the same machine as mentioned in your post, the only difference being the fact that my cpu is i5. I have successfully installed high sierra and everything seems to be working except for audio. Display shows intel HD4600 with 7MB Ram & the display does struggle at times, ethernet works like a charm & overall the experience is livable but my basic problem is that I cant boot directly from the SSD i have to have the USB drive plugged in to initiate the boot.

I tried installing multibeast post installation but somehow everytime i install multibeast the hard disk does become bootable but the boot stalls midway of the progress bar and refuses to boot. Ive tried it couple of times clean installing everytime and installing multibeast with different settings but always to end up in the same death trap.

I would be really thankful if you could point me step by step towards achieving the bootable ssd post installation & also if the audio could work + if there is a way to get better performance from HD4600 dont want to invest in another graphics card at the moment.

@aalok, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

@aalok, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.

updated the info as instructed.

Display shows intel HD4600 with 7MB Ram & the display does struggle at times
Desktop HD4600 requirements:
- config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true
- config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id=0x0d220003
- config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x0
- BIOS DVMT-prealloc 64mb
- digital connection to your monitor (VGA not supported)
- VT-d disabled or use dart=0
- Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext also help fix a few issues...

Desktop HD4600 requirements:
- config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true
- config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id=0x0d220003
- config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x0
- BIOS DVMT-prealloc 64mb
- digital connection to your monitor (VGA not supported)
- VT-d disabled or use dart=0
- Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext also help fix a few issues...
Hi

Thanks for responding, the problem Im facing is as follows.

My system is connected to the monitor through VGA, and when i install sierra it installs smoothly and the system boots effortlessly with network working & about mac showing HD4600 graphics the display resolution is perfectly matched to monitors optimum quality. The only thing not working is Audio but the audio is not the concern at the moment.

But i always need the USB installer to boot the ssd. So to make the SSD bootable I used Multibeast 10.4 for High Sierra 10.13 but no matter what combination of parameters I try, the SSD does become bootable but the system invariably gets stuck at the progress bar loading around 55-60% and never boots up. Even if i try multibeast with nothing to load except the clover Uefi the system does not boot although the diffrence being the fact that when i load just the clover Uefi through multibeast the progress bar proceeds to 100% but still the boot never completes.

Also to mention that once multibeast is loaded I cant even boot the USB installer to wipe the SSD and install again, I end up pulling out the ssd connecting it to my macbook wiping it clean & then attempt to install again.

My questions are :

a) is there a way to undo multibeast after a failed attempt so as to save my efforts of installing the OS all over again so that I may try diffrent Multi Beast settings.

b) could it be the VGA connection which prevents the BOOT which logically should not be the case because 10.13 does work with the boot being initiated through the USB installer but actually booting from the SSD .

Attached is the pic from verbose mode boot

Thanks is advance :)

Attachments

• IMG_20181204_195200.jpg
    IMG_20181204_195200.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 1,079
Last edited:
But i always need the USB installer to boot the ssd. So to make the SSD bootable I used Multibeast 10.4 for High Sierra 10.13 but no matter what combination of parameters I try, the SSD does become bootable but the system invariably gets stuck at the progress bar loading around 55-60% and never boots up.
Try to swap the EFI folder on your SSD with the one from your USB drive.

- Mount the EFI partition of your USB drive
- Copy the EFI folder of your USB drive to the desktop
- Unmount the EFI partition of your USB drive
- Mount the EFI partition of your SSD drive
- Find and delete the EFI folder that is currently on the SSD drive and replace it with the one you copied from the USB drive
- Reboot

Try to swap the EFI folder on your SSD with the one from your USB drive.

- Mount the EFI partition of your USB drive
- Copy the EFI folder of your USB drive to the desktop
- Unmount the EFI partition of your USB drive
- Mount the EFI partition of your SSD drive
- Find and delete the EFI folder that is currently on the SSD drive and replace it with the one you copied from the USB drive
- Reboot
i tried what you said but now when i try booting from the ssd the apple partitions dont show up so i tried to match if something was missing from the new efi folder comapared to the old efi folder on the ssd and i saw a folder called apple was missing. any feelers as to what i should copy from the ssd's previous apple folder to the new efi folder ?

OK now this trick did make it easier for me to undo multibeast changes by simply deleting the contents of the efi drive and hence enabling the boot from the ssd with the help of my installer hence giving me options to try different settings and parameters to work with the multibeast tools and clover configurator & hence finding the right combination . Finally Im now being able to boot from the ssd without usb installer. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

However my Audio codec works on alternate boots any idea what could it be ??

& also to let everyone know my HD4600 is connected to VGA port and still working although the screen shivers while scrolling web pages ordered NVidia graphics for my build :).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back