Contribute
Register

HP Elitedesk 800 G1 SSF Success

Status
Not open for further replies.
i tried what you said but now when i try booting from the ssd the apple partitions dont show up so i tried to match if something was missing from the new efi folder comapared to the old efi folder on the ssd and i saw a folder called apple was missing. any feelers as to what i should copy from the ssd's previous apple folder to the new efi folder ?

OK now this trick did make it easier for me to undo multibeast changes by simply deleting the contents of the efi drive and hence enabling the boot from the ssd with the help of my installer hence giving me options to try different settings and parameters to work with the multibeast tools and clover configurator & hence finding the right combination . Finally Im now being able to boot from the ssd without usb installer. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

However my Audio codec works on alternate boots any idea what could it be ??

& also to let everyone know my HD4600 is connected to VGA port and still working although the screen shivers while scrolling web pages ordered NVidia graphics for my build :).
I the same Elitedesk 800 G1, what exact choices did you make in Multibeast and what if any other changes did you make requiring use of kexts or terminal? I'm in same boat, can't boot from ssd and have to use usb again to reload OS!

I the same Elitedesk 800 G1, what exact choices did you make in Multibeast and what if any other changes did you make requiring use of kexts or terminal? I'm in same boat, can't boot from ssd and have to use usb again to reload OS!
cant really recall all the changes that I made but if you still stuck let know I can attach my config.plist or the whole EFI folder for you to use .

If you have issues with your Audio check post #2 of [Guide] Install High Sierra on the HP 6300 Pro / 8300 Elite Desktop PC
According to this information you have the same Realtek ALC221 codec.
hi thanks for all your help, now to update you I have a rock solid hit Sierra mackintosh in place with almost everything working. Ive also added a internal wifi & bluetooth adapter which works like a charm & also got my HP22ES monitor hooked to the HDMI port on the NVIDIA GT710 2gb with no problem with display anymore. The only thing which is now troubling me is : that the clover takes too long to load i.e testing hardware, settings etc ..... this all takes around 35 seconds then the GUI loads and after you chose the partition it takes 20 seconds for the apple logo to load and then it boots in a breeze like 3-4 secs . Worth mentioning is that clover taking long to load started after I added the wifi card & 20 seconds for the apple logo started happening after I added the NVIDIA card. Any direction towards rectifying these problems would be much appreciated. Also if you could share your thoughts on updating this system to Mojave.

Any direction towards rectifying these problems would be much appreciated.
Do you have Debug enabled in your config.plist ?
See Clover wiki - Debug.

Also Generate Clover Boot Log with terminal
Code:
bdmesg > ~/Documents/bootlog.txt

cant really recall all the changes that I made but if you still stuck let know I can attach my config.plist or the whole EFI folder for you to use .
I need to get audio and usb3 working; if you're still willing to post your efi directory. Thanks.

did you manage to fix this ? I'm just about to try and install Catalina, I'll post the results here

I'm having a few issues with Catalina. No audio on the Elitedesk despite trying all the different methods. I gave up (for now) and have a terrible cheap USB solution. USB is interesting: Doesn't not pick up USB3 on boot but turns up randomly after a period of time and a sleep.

I had the "freezing while opening the App Store" issue (and VLC was broken) until I installed the HDMI audio kext. That, for whatever reason, fixed both. Fascinating. Really want to get native audio (ALC221) working but it has been many hours so far....My EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other list is attached.

Best of luck.

BEW

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 7.53.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 7.53.40 PM.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 120
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back