Contribute
Register

Hp elitedesk 800 g1 sff Hackintosh

Yes, you set up an Airtag via an iPhone (X or later I think).

Your PC does not need Bluetooth to track one. That's a relay service by everyone's iPhone.

Find My on your PC connects via your Apple ID.

If you have no iPhone you are scuppered, as far as I understand it.

If I do a Bluetooth search from Catalina I should see them even if they are associated with another ID right?
No. you can't 'see' AirTags that are associated with a different Apple ID.

To explain, my partner has them and associated her id.

I suspect that hoping to track someone via their Airtags can be classed as a crime:

... unless the person involved gives permission or local laws allow it.

But as @P1LGRIM states you should not be able to anyway in this example.

I suspect that hoping to track someone via their Airtags can be classed as a crime:

... unless the person involved gives permission or local laws allow it.

But as @P1LGRIM states you should not be able to anyway in this example.
No, there is a misunderstanding
I want to know where my keys are, not my partner
I just tried to find her Airtag to see if it would work, and thank goodness because now I understand that you can't do it from a PC If it had worked I would have thought about buying my own.
I also read that if you try to track a person via Airtag a warning appears on the person's iPhone, however this was not my intention
However, to see if I understood, I would have to buy an Airtag, ask someone who has an iPhone to log in with my ID, set up the Airtag and put the previous ID back into the iPhone. Then I could see the airtag on Catalina by my id right?

It doesn't matter who buys it.

If you enable sharing you will both be able to see it.

The location information is held by Apple, it is not dependant on technology in the computer other than the ability to run the FindMy app. If it can do that it can see People/Devices/items that are owned or have been shared between Apple IDs.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter who buys it.

If you enable sharing you will both be able to see it.

The location information is held by Apple, it is not dependant on technology in the computer other than the ability to run the FindMy app. If it can do that it can see People/Devices/items that are owned or have been shared between Apple IDs.
Thanks for the explanation, but I didn't understand one thing
Suppose that she associates it with her id and then shares it with mine, then is there the possibility of removing her id and therefore only me sees it?

Thanks for the explanation, but I didn't understand one thing Suppose that she associates it with her id and then shares it with mine, then is there the possibility of removing her id and therefore only me sees it?
No.

Back