Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte
CPU
i5-3570
Graphics
GT 240
I was able to successfully install Catalina on my HP Elitebook 9480m. Attached is my EFI file in case it helps anyone else.
16 gigs of ram.
240 GB Adata SU635 SSD.
Broadcom based WIFI card

I followed RehabMan's guide:

Used the latest Clover to create the USB:

Kept the defaults. Installed the minimum set of kexts described in guide. I used a Mojave config.plist I found on the internet and everything surprisingly booted up and installed.

Used the same Clover to boot off of SSD. Followed post installation guides from RehabMan's guide. I used the same ACPI, drivers, and kexts from my USB so it would properly boot off of the SSD.

Everything seems to be working except for battery status. This seems to be known issue with using APFS and SSDs.

Thanks to community for helping me getting this working. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• EFI.9480m.Catalina.working.zip
    19.7 MB · Views: 1,160
Hii, thank you for sharing this. love you

Do headphone jack working?
Im in mojave and cant fix the jack @,@

Do headphone jack working?
Im in mojave and cant fix the jack @,@

My headphone jack does not work either. I will probably consider updating to a bluetooth wifi module.

huhhh, what wrong with our laptop jack xD

i found this, may be helpful. but i dont know to use this ehehehe. maybe you know?

To the kext to ALC280 of @zirkaiva I had to add in: Headphones/MuteGPIO=4 in Layout-ID, to your Headphone work, to be honest this is an exception for most the ALC codec for Laptops works without it in Layout-ID, and this is your case I should have tried the first time, When you said that ALC280_Original worked, least headphones. We have two slightly different scenarios, the first in which HP Elitebook 9480m Folio need Headphones/MuteGPIO=4 in Layout-ID, for your Headphone works and the second where HP Elitebook G2, not must have these values in its Layout-ID so your headset work correctly, RehabMan keep this in mind when updating your repository.

source:

I was able to successfully install Catalina on my HP Elitebook 9480m. Attached is my EFI file in case it helps anyone else.
16 gigs of ram.
240 GB Adata SU635 SSD.
Broadcom based WIFI card

I followed RehabMan's guide:

Used the latest Clover to create the USB:

Kept the defaults. Installed the minimum set of kexts described in guide. I used a Mojave config.plist I found on the internet and everything surprisingly booted up and installed.

Used the same Clover to boot off of SSD. Followed post installation guides from RehabMan's guide. I used the same ACPI, drivers, and kexts from my USB so it would properly boot off of the SSD.

Everything seems to be working except for battery status. This seems to be known issue with using APFS and SSDs.

Thanks to community for helping me getting this working. I hope this helps.
Hi, thanks for the help! I'm the proud owner of my first hackintosh

do you recommend any replacement wifi card for this laptop?

Can you offer any advice regarding your DSDT.aml implementation? I am trying to install Catalina on an Elitebook 9480m that uses an i7-4600U CPU. Starting from your attached .zip I've managed to get fairly far into the OSX install process, but only after dereferencing the DSDT.aml file (giving clover a bogus name for the file). It looks to me like your DSDT.aml file may be specific to the i5 variant of the 9480m? I don't know much of anything about generating a DSDT file like that, so I'm a bit lost about how to proceed. Thanks. I'd really appreciate feedback since it seems like I've tried every conceivable approach for a week+.

Never mind! I got Catalina running (at least the base install) for my i7-4600U EliteBook. Yay! What a journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back