Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Yoga 920 - OpenCore
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
HD620, 3840x2160
Hi all,

I have been trying to get battery status working on my HP Elite X2 1012. I have installed the ACPIBatteryManager.kext in /S/L/E, but to no avail, it is not working.

I have attached problem reporting files.

EDIT: A few, extra, helpful details

I am using a DSDT with the following patches:

"IRQ Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"OS Check Fix"
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"
“USB3 _PRW 0x6D Skylake (instant wake)"
"Fix ADBG Error"

I have a fully configured SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl which appears to be working fine as well.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• debug_9313.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Hi all,

I have been trying to get battery status working on my HP Elite X2 1012. I have installed the ACPIBatteryManager.kext in /S/L/E, but to no avail, it is not working.

I have attached problem reporting files.

EDIT: A few, extra, helpful details

I am using a DSDT with the following patches:

"IRQ Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"OS Check Fix"
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"
“USB3 _PRW 0x6D Skylake (instant wake)"
"Fix ADBG Error"

I have a fully configured SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl which appears to be working fine as well.

Thank you in advance!
you seem to have forgotten to install FakeSMC.kext to /Library/Extensions

all your kexts belong there, not /System/Library/Extensions

you seem to have forgotten to install FakeSMC.kext to /Library/Extensions

all your kexts belong there, not /System/Library/Extensions

Thank you! I moved all of the kexts I installed to /S/L/E to /L/E and installed FakeSMC to /L/E as well.

Unfortunately, it does not seem to have solved the battery showing up as 0%. I'm wondering if I need a DSDT patch.

I have attached another set of problem reporting files.

Attachments

• debug_17374.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 151
No, it's not. It's the HP Elite X2 1012 G2, which has a Broadwell-based CPU. I did follow that guide though and used the provided kexts, but still am not able to get the battery to report correctly.

I did

Code:
git clone https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch probook.git
cd ~/Projects/probook.git
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh

Please note, I have tried both config_4x0_G4_Kabylake.plist and config_8x0_G4_Kabylake.plist from the guide as well.

Attachments

• debug_27557.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 141
Okay, lets marked this solved. I'm working on making my own config for Rehabman's HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch which can be found here. Using his config, with my USB port injector battery status works.

Okay, lets marked this solved. I'm working on making my own config for Rehabman's HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch which can be found here. Using his config, with my USB port injector battery status works.
Hey @cephasara:
Thx a lot for the fork. I can't find your clover-config-plist in there.... which one did you use?
At the moment I'm waiting for the installer to complete. I just used createinstallmedia method + clover (Rehabman build with default clover config) + basic kexts. Booting in verbose mode gives me unreadable text (distorted text) but it boots up fine to the installler where graphics looks good.
Can you please post your EFI folder? Thx a lot.
On which bios version are you?

EDIT:
Great work, cloned your repo and ran ./build, etc...
whats you install command ? ./install _install 4x0g4_kabylake ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back