Not open for further replies.
in my DSDT, the multi-byte EC fields actually used are only those:

- IWCR 160
- PBSS 16
- SMD0 256
- ERIB 16

now searching through existing patches, I found that:

- "HP Spectre XT" patch can handle ERIB and SMD0 fields
- "HP Pavillion x360" can handle IWCR field.
- There is no existing patch for PBSS field.

I don't understand if I can simply use those 2 patches I mentioned and then implement my own patch for PBSS, or should I use only a single patch and not multiple battery patches?

Hint: The PBSS field in EC is not referenced.

please refer to post #11, I moved on and on that post I attached a report and described my problems

So I tried some other patches that could match, but with no luck (still no battery).
I'm attaching complete problem report files.
please note that the attached patched DSDT does not contain any battery patch, since I removed them when I noticed that they didn't worked for me.

problems so far:
1) no battery indicator
2) tap on the touchpad doesn't work (but it worked during OSX install), only XY movement works (no multitouch, no trackpad pref.panel) (based on Linux, my touchpad is "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad" Vendor=0002 Product=0007 Version=01b1)

what seems to work:
cpu pm, gpu pm, brightness (slider + fn), audio, webcam

what I'm going to add, after I fix trackpad and battery, so still untested:
correct usb implementation, wifi/bluetooth (broadcom), sleep/wake, HDMI (video+audio)
please refer to post #11, I moved on and on that post I attached a report and described my problems

Your kextcache and ioreg indicate that ACPIBatteryManager.kext is not installed.
Refer to the guide and read it carefully.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-patch-dsdt-for-working-battery-status.116102/

right, I forgot the most important thing! stupid me

now battery seems to work fine. Also it fixed the touchpad.
I'm not using any battery DSDT patch, and it works. Do you still recommend patching DSDT for it? or I can simply ignore it?

Not possible to answer any question without problem reporting data...

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

current problems:

1) battery seems to drain a bit fast (but cpu pm seems ok).
2) fan is always on ("fan always on" is disabled in bios)
3) sleep doesn't work: when you wake it, the screen is black and nothing happens (already tried to change EDID in \overrides but didn't fix it)
4) external microphone not working (on combo jack - ALC282)
5) gestures not working (working tap + secondary click with two fingers + scroll) (not working swipe, show desktop, and others)

report attached

Attachments

• Dimitri Report 2.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:
current problems:

1) battery seems to drain a bit fast (but cpu pm seems ok).
2) fan is always on ("fan always on" is disabled in bios)
3) sleep doesn't work: when you wake it, the screen is black and nothing happens (already tried to change EDID in \overrides but didn't fix it)
4) external microphone not working (on combo jack - ALC282)
5) gestures not working (working tap + secondary click with two fingers + scroll) (not working swipe, show desktop, and others)

report attached

Are you certain battery status is working? The ioreg shows Amperage=0xffffffff, which is ACPI_UNKNOWN, so I suspect your _BST method is not working correctly.

You should check Activity Monitor to see if you have a process using CPU when you don't expect it to.

Combo jacks are tricky. Requires tweaks to the AppleHDA XML. I think we made it work for either ALC282 or ALC280 (can't remember which) in the ProBook repo. So you might want to check the github commit log there.

Three finger gestures must be configured in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts (do the swipe instead of hitting keys).

I did some mods and added new things (wifi, hdmi-audio, usb implementation)

now battery seems fixed (please check).

current issues:

1) on wake, I got black screen. Tried to put a modified EDID into /Overrides, but the new EDID is not injected and I still got the old one, as you can see in IOReg. Permissions on the dir/file should be right (I use sudo mkdir and sudo cp to put the file in there). Already posted this issue on the EDID fix solution topic.

2) bluetooth not working ("Bluetooth: Not Available"), but wifi is working fine (I'm using bcm94352).

3) I almost finished HDMI-Audio, but I can't manage to inject "hda-gfx" into IGPU device in my DSDT, I tried using "Rename B0D3 to HDAU", it compiles with no errors, but I get KP on boot. The remaining tasks to get HDMI-Audio seems already done as you can see.

4) not sure if USB implementation is 100% correct. I followed the guide and created SSDT-UIAL, the ports are fine, but
AppleBusPowerControllerUSB doesn't seem loaded. If I try to apply the patches to rename "H_EC -> EC" and "EC0 -> EC" into config.plist, I get KP (maybe I should apply only one and not both?)

Attachments

• Dimitri Report 3.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 84
1) on wake, I got black screen. Tried to put a modified EDID into /Overrides, but the new EDID is not injected and I still got the old one, as you can see in IOReg. Permissions on the dir/file should be right (I use sudo mkdir and sudo cp to put the file in there). Already posted this issue on the EDID fix solution topic.

It seems that is being addressed elsewhere... no need to cover in duplicate.

2) bluetooth not working ("Bluetooth: Not Available"), but wifi is working fine (I'm using bcm94352).

No bluetooth shown on the USB bus... USB configuration issue.
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

3) I almost finished HDMI-Audio, but I can't manage to inject "hda-gfx" into IGPU device in my DSDT, I tried using "Rename B0D3 to HDAU", it compiles with no errors, but I get KP on boot. The remaining tasks to get HDMI-Audio seems already done as you can see.

You can do it with config.plist/Devices/AddProperties.
Refer to example plists:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

4) not sure if USB implementation is 100% correct. I followed the guide and created SSDT-UIAL, the ports are fine, but
AppleBusPowerControllerUSB doesn't seem loaded. If I try to apply the patches to rename "H_EC -> EC" and "EC0 -> EC" into config.plist, I get KP (maybe I should apply only one and not both?)

Your DSDT has both H_EC and EC0, so you can't expect to use both patches. Only EC0 is active (look at ioreg), so you need the EC0->EC patch only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back