Contribute
Register

How would one go about installing Yosemite on the Lenovo L430 Laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Probook 4530s
CPU
i7-2760QM
Graphics
HD 3000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,

I have some experience installing OS X yosemite but only have done it on my Probook 4530s. I have another laptop, this time, a Lenovo brand.

The Lenovo L430 has a i3-2370m and 4Gb of RAM and uses HD 3000 integrated graphics. It's a 14 inch laptop model. I believe it has a 7 series chipset even though sandy bridge processor.

For the wireless adapter, it is an intel centrino

If anyone could point me in the right direction on how to get the OS X setup on here, that would be awesome :)

Thanks.

Hi,

I have some experience installing OS X yosemite but only have done it on my Probook 4530s. I have another laptop, this time, a Lenovo brand.

The Lenovo L430 has a i3-2370m and 4Gb of RAM and uses HD 3000 integrated graphics. It's a 14 inch laptop model. I believe it has a 7 series chipset even though sandy bridge processor.

For the wireless adapter, it is an intel centrino

If anyone could point me in the right direction on how to get the OS X setup on here, that would be awesome :)

Thanks.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Hey Rehab, I was wondering if Intel wifi cards are supported or will ever be? I looked through the compatibility list for wifi card (last updated April 2013 unfortunately) and couldn't find it.

I looked through the airport network guide and I guess intel cards weren't found. Is it possible for a team to develop drivers for intel wireless network cards?

I guess worst case scenario is to just go out and buy a compatible wifi card.

Thanks.

Hey Rehab, I was wondering if Intel wifi cards are supported or will ever be? I looked through the compatibility list for wifi card (last updated April 2013 unfortunately) and couldn't find it.

I looked through the airport network guide and I guess intel cards weren't found. Is it possible for a team to develop drivers for intel wireless network cards?

Intel WiFi is not supported. This is why you don't see it listed from the WiFi guide linked by the FAQ. If it is not listed, it is not supported. I will add a note in the FAQ that makes this explicit.

Apple does not document its WiFi driver interfaces, and as a result, there are very few non-Apple WiFi drivers.

I guess worst case scenario is to just go out and buy a compatible wifi card.

Keep in mind that some laptops implement a WiFi whitelist in BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back