Contribute
Register

How to use carbon copy cloner with 10.9 mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use CCC, then install Chimera/Chameleon to the destination volume after copy. I've done it many times.

What is the process to use carbon copy cloner? I've heard different things about it won't work because there is no boot loader or something. I'm just curious. How can I make a bootable back up for my 10.9 hackintosh?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/173-backup-solutions-your-mac-customac.html
The boot loader needs to be re-applied after using any cloning software - no big deal and easy to use the latest version from MultiBeast, just target the cloned drive once you have cloned it from the original. Then test to ensure that everything is working correctly.

Adrian B

Does that mean that if I have a nightly scheduled backup, I will have to install the boot loader every day?

If you use it backing up then that is a different prospect to cloning your drive, where to get the newly cloned drive/partition to boot you must apply a boot loader after the cloning process has be finished.
When backing up CCC will make a copy of your files and settings, there is no working OS or apps on the backup. A boot loader is not required for this. If you have used Time Machine in the past then it is a similar concept.
Keep your UniBeast flash drive as that will let you create another installation or let you boot to the HDD or SSD if your boot drives is having problems.
If having a working machine at all times is imperative to you then create a working clone of your drive and redo this once a week.

Adrian B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back