Graphics
GeForce GT 730
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
When I use Disk Utility's First Aid it says that I need to repair my main Hard Drive through recovery. But there is no recovery in Hacks so what other option do I have to repair my disk? I am music producer and use Logic Pro X which is giving me constant System Overload spikes, I suspect that among other things repairing disk may help. Any options?

But there is no recovery in Hacks so what other option do I have to repair my disk?
Yes there is.

If you put FakeSMC.kext into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other you can boot into the recovery disk.

Yes there is.

If you put FakeSMC.kext into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other you can boot into the recovery disk.

I have that file in clover but when I boot from Recovery Boot HD option I get white screen hanging.

I have that file in clover but when I boot from Recovery Boot HD option I get white screen hanging.
Remove all of the other 10.* folders from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/

Remove all of the other 10.* folders from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/

Thanks for the replies. I did put them in trash (just in case) but still nothing. After reboot I can see they are no longer in trash but also no longer in the clover/kexts folder, which means they are probably permanently delated.

Should I try some other option or once again with a reboot?

When I boot in recovery the apple logo fills up till end and after that is the white screen hanging.

Thanks for the replies. I did put them in trash (just in case) but still nothing. After reboot I can see they are no longer in trash but also no longer in the clover/kexts folder, which means they are probably permanently delated.

Should I try some other option or once again with a reboot?

When I boot in recovery the apple logo fills up till end and after that is the white screen hanging.
Perhaps you are not booting from the disk/EFI that you think you are.

Perhaps you are not booting from the disk/EFI that you think you are.

When I boot I have two options:
Boot MacOS from main which is left and selected, and boot from recovery HD which is right next to it.
I go for the right second option: boot from recovery HD.
Screen Shot 2016-12-05 at 5.57.06 PM.png

Yes, but where is your EFI folder?
Is it on the EFI partition or in the root of your system disk (or both).
If you installed Clover in UEFI mode it will be on the EFI partition.
If you installed Clover in Legacy mode it will be on the EFI folder on your system disk.
Sometimes while troubleshooting it is easy to install in both modes.

Yes, but where is your EFI folder?
Is it on the EFI partition or in the root of your system disk (or both).
If you installed Clover in UEFI mode it will be on the EFI partition.
If you installed Clover in Legacy mode it will be on the EFI folder on your system disk.
Sometimes while troubleshooting it is easy to install in both modes.

I think it is in UEFI mode, that is, in order to open the EFI Folder I need to open it (mount) through Clover Configurator, there is no other way to open it. There is no EFI folder on my disk drive visible.

I think it is in UEFI mode, that is, in order to open the EFI Folder I need to open it (mount) through Clover Configurator, there is no other way to open it. There is no EFI folder on my disk drive visible.
If all is as you say then you should be able to boot from the recovery partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back