Contribute
Register

How to merge AlpsMultitouch.kext with RehabMans Keyboard.kext?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Pavilion Touch Smart 14 n033tx (Clover)
CPU
Intel Haswell ULT Core i5 4200U / H8x/P8x
Graphics
Intel HD 4400 , Nvidia GeForce 7200n , 1366x786
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi Everyone
I have Installed OS X El Capitan and I have some problems in Trackpad & Keyboard. My laptop has Alps touchpad and I found one which worked with 2 finger scrolling but it has a keyboard which doesn't enables the keyboard functions like brightness control using keyboard. But when using RehabMan's VoodooPS2Controller.kext it's keyboard.kext worked and I can controll brightness using keyboard shortcut. So is there any way to merge RehabMans latest keyboard.kext version with mine alpsmultitouch.kext to enable both to work?
Here is Alps Multitouch.kext which worked=View attachment AlpsMultitouch.zip
Here is RehabMans Keyboard.kext which worked with brightness controll=View attachment Keyboard.zip
I want to merge these.

Hi Everyone
I have Installed OS X El Capitan and I have some problems in Trackpad & Keyboard. My laptop has Alps touchpad and I found one which worked with 2 finger scrolling but it has a keyboard which doesn't enables the keyboard functions like brightness control using keyboard. But when using RehabMan's VoodooPS2Controller.kext it's keyboard.kext worked and I can controll brightness using keyboard shortcut. So is there any way to merge RehabMans latest keyboard.kext version with mine alpsmultitouch.kext to enable both to work?
Here is Alps Multitouch.kext which worked=View attachment 184245
Here is RehabMans Keyboard.kext which worked with brightness controll=View attachment 184246
I want to merge these.

You would need to have the source code so you could merge/build an up-to-date version of the ALPS code.

Note there is the bpedman_merge branch in my repo. I have no ALPS hardware, so I don't track the current state of the code or any forks made from it.

Well I don't have the source code nor the things which are need to merge and produce another one. So is this possible to use your latest VoodooPS2Controller.kext and instead of VoodooPS2Trakpad.kext using the VoodooPS2Controller.kext which Alps Multitouch.kext means using 2 VoodooPS2Controller?

Well I don't have the source code nor the things which are need to merge and produce another one. So is this possible to use your latest VoodooPS2Controller.kext and instead of VoodooPS2Trakpad.kext using the VoodooPS2Controller.kext which Alps Multitouch.kext means using 2 VoodooPS2Controller?

You cannot mix kexts of different versions. Each plugin kext is tightly coupled to those in the set.

You should check into the bpedman_merge branch or derivatives.

What if i use acpikeyboard.kext instead of voodoops2keyboard.kext to enable brightness function keys?

What if i use acpikeyboard.kext instead of voodoops2keyboard.kext to enable brightness function keys?

It is covered in the ACPIKeyboard readme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back