Contribute
Register

How to make Intel HD 4400 work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is the new ioreg with IntelAzulFB 10

still Intel HD Graphics 7mb and no kext loaded, strangely after updating to 10.9.2 the VRAM become 7mb

appreciate your help in solving the mystery

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 7 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x041e
Revision ID: 0x0006
Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes

Attachments

• ioreg.ioreg
    1.4 MB · Views: 403
so far this is the best attempt yet http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/top...eo-card/page-2

hope he get it to work, at least he managed to get the kext loaded although something is still missing

You will not get it to work with only ig-platform-id inject. A simple check of the Info.plist is all that is required to confirm this. Will need device-id inject or device-id additions to various Info.plist. The native drivers do not support 8086:041e device-id.

Follow the thread there and see if you can patch your DSDT and/or SSDT as I describe for device-id inject...

Hi I don't normally ask for help, but I'm stuck!
I've Installed Mavericks 10.9.3 on Aspire e1-572. I have Touchpad, Battery, Audio and Wifi (Using replaced AR9825 pci-e card) working.
What I need is to get my IntelHD4400 video QE working. Stuck at 1366x768 screen.
I Know I won't get QE unless I use my dsdt.
If someone can assist with one compiling error in my dsdt, I will be happy.
I extracted it using ubuntu live.
My System Aspire E1-572; Intel Core i5 4200u 1.6 Ghz; 15.6 HD LED LCD Screen; 4GB DDR3 Ram; 500B HDD; and of course,
Intel HD Graphics 4400 up to 1684 shared memory.
Sys Profiler shows only 4mb of vram!

Need compiling dsdt help!
Thanks.

Edit: Solved!

Attachments

• DSDT ASPIRE E1-572.zip
    171.6 KB · Views: 226
  • ASPIRE E1-572 ioreg.ioreg
    1.3 MB · Views: 205
Here u go
hardware acceleration? while scrolling webpage it flickers

Running into the same exact problem with my 4400HD graphics on my Dell Latitude E7440. Supposed to work on 10.9.3 but I created my boot stick from 10.9.4 and I don't have the time to roll back to 10.9.3. Hoping for a fix at some point. I would agree that it seems like there is no hardware acceleration.

For Post Installation, I used MultiBeast 6.3.1(1) with the Quickstart dsdt free configuration.
That gave me instant QE. See attachment:
Then I extracted DSDT and SSDTs, all of them, with Ubuntu Live USB.
Then patch DSDT and SSDT with the various fixes RTC, _WAK, EHCI, DTGP, HDEF.

Follow Rehabman's instruction in post:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...oots-aspire-e1-572-low-screen-brightness.html

+++Note: You must download MultiBeast 6.3.1(1) in order to use attachment config.
Good Luck

Attachments

• DSDT Free Post Install AspireE1.mb
    3.7 KB · Views: 192
Hi:
I'm trying to fix HD 4400 in a fanless no brand i5 4200U with AMI Bios.
Using unibeast or clover I can't install mavericks (or Yosemite). The install stops just after the bluetooth line or at DRMStatus error.
I read that 4400 mobile has native compatibility, but i can't make it work in this hack.
I use a lot of ig-platform-id using a super duper image of mavericks without lucky. Smbios: macbook air 6
Using the IGPlatformID=0D220003, like in the gigabyte brix i5 4200U, give me the DRMStatus...error 8877652
The bios has a lot of settings for the internal graphics:
- Aperture size
- DVMT Pre-Allocated
- DVMT Total Gfx Mem
-Gfx Low Power Mode

and i'm not sure what parameter are correct to make work the igp.

Did you get this solved?? I'm also stuck with same problem!!

how did you solve the problem!! have been stuck with same problem and can't get Intel HD4400 working!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back