Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

That looks ok to me. Use Clover configurator when done to uncheck "Inject Intel" as it doesn't look like you need integrated graphics according to your system profile. Let us know how it goes.

EDIT:

Attaching my config.plist from my r2795 Clover USB. Note though that I use an AMD graphics card so you'll need to make these changes if you want to do it manually instead of using Clover Configurator:

Change:

<key>ATI</key>
<true/>
<key>Intel</key>
<false/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>

To:

<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<false/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<true/>

i have same cofiguration and I first time using Clove Can you help me with sound and activate usb3 ports. Had also how u upgrate to new version Clover

In step 4, after installing Clover with options as indicated by the guide, I don't end up with /Volumes/EFI. Instead I have /EFI/EFI. If I mount the EFI partition it's empty. Here's what diskutil list shows:
Code:
/dev/disk0
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *128.0 GB   disk0
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1
   2:                  Apple_HFS                         127.2 GB   disk0s2
   3:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.0 MB   disk0s3
/dev/disk1
   0:                  Apple_HFS Compie                 *127.2 GB   disk1
                                 Logical Volume on disk0s2
                                 CA57A3C0-A84D-4385-961E-550D451B39C9
                                 Unencrypted
/dev/disk2
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *7.8 GB     disk2
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk2s1
   2:                  Apple_HFS Install OS X Yosemite   7.5 GB     disk2s2

Did I miss something obvious?

In step 4, after installing Clover with options as indicated by the guide, I don't end up with /Volumes/EFI. Instead I have /EFI/EFI. If I mount the EFI partition it's empty. Here's what diskutil list shows:
Code:
/dev/disk0
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *128.0 GB   disk0
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1
   2:                  Apple_HFS                         127.2 GB   disk0s2
   3:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.0 MB   disk0s3
/dev/disk1
   0:                  Apple_HFS Compie                 *127.2 GB   disk1
                                 Logical Volume on disk0s2
                                 CA57A3C0-A84D-4385-961E-550D451B39C9
                                 Unencrypted
/dev/disk2
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *7.8 GB     disk2
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk2s1
   2:                  Apple_HFS Install OS X Yosemite   7.5 GB     disk2s2

Did I miss something

How do you name your disk

How do you name your disk
Compie. Didn't think that naming it Yosemite would make any difference. Re-running through the guide again with disk named "Yosemite".

Compie. Didn't think that naming it Yosemite would make any difference. Re-running through the guide again with disk named "Yosemite".

Rerun diskutil list in terminal.

2. Type: diskutil list and locate your system drive's EFI partition. It will be under IDENTIFIER. Be sure to use the correct one. (For this example: disk0s1)
3. Type the following, enter password and hit enter:

Code:
sudo newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/rdisk0s1

Code:
sudo newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/rdisk0s1
Yeah I did that. No effect. I ran through the guide again, named disk "Yosemite" and reverted system partition from CoreStorage to Apple_HFS. Still no dice. I wonder if its a bug in r2963 which is the latest version on sourceforge.

Hello. I am having a problem that I have seen mentioned multiple times in this thread but never fully addressed. I've also seen it in other threads (usually followed by people announcing that they have solved it without mentioning the solution!!!).

The issue is that I have followed the usb boot loader creation step by step. I have done this three times so far with three separate USB sticks and on two different computers (twice on hackintosh running 10.9.5 and once on MBP). So the issue doesn't stem from the USB drive.

When I get to the clover boot screen as seen on the first steps of the install step, I see and select the USB drive. Everything is exactly as in the directions. But then nothing happens. It doesn't go to another screen, doesn't flash - absolutely nothing happens. If I press the arrows twice then they will move to the sides and I can select another drive. Booting into the existing OSX then works perfectly with one push of the button.

I have tried all the expected boot flags as well as all the different option that come up when space bar is pressed. Nothing works.

Any suggestions?

Edit: I wanted to add that I have also tried every single USB port (both USB2.0 and USB3.0)

Specs:
Gigabyte Intel Z77 GA-Z77X-UD5H

EVGA GeForce GTX670 FTW 4096MB

Corsair Vengence 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800)

Intel i7-3770K 3.5 GHz 8MN Cace LGA 1155

For those using a fully supported discrete graphics card and are getting a black screen after the loading screen, try adding "nv_disable=1" in the clover boot arguments and setting the intel inject flag to false. This is ALL I modified from the standard plist provided in tony's OP and everything seems to have installed beautifully.

My rig and setup parameters are as follows:
Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI
i5 2500K
Nvidia GTX660 (Cinema display on display port)
Clover USB in legacy mode with clover settings exactly as in OP.

Also, just for clarification, be sure to boot the USB in in legacy mode (not the option with "UEFI:"). I say that because after many attempts, my boot options were very cluttered with all kinds of clover options.

I'm stoked to have this rig up and running! I'm testing now.

I have installed Yosemite with the Clover USB installer. Now the issue is that Clover USB installer is not detecting the Yosemite drive so I'm not able to boot in it. Has anyone come across this issue?

I am also having this issue... when I get with the first reboot and complete the install. I boot to the USB drive and all I have is 2 options, Windows Legacy and Install OS X(USB Drive)

hdwZnGY.jpg

Any ideas????

EDIT: So i figured the problem out... Clover does not like RAID. Swapped to a single drive and all is well... :)

Last edited:
Hi guys,

running imessage_debug gives this for my ROM and MLB values. What gives? Any ideas on how to fix?Screen Shot 2014-10-21 at 7.50.36 pm.png

Back