Contribute
Register

how to get usb 3.0 working on GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3???

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I found another USB solution that seems to work even better for me.

...... So I did some research and found THIS THREAD where I downloaded the two following kexts (which I attach to this post):
- CalDigitFastIO.kext
- CalDigitUSBxHCI.kext

I installed them with Kext Beast (to S/L/E which is actually invisible in my system - funny) and rebooted. Now my USB3.0 busses were gone from System Information and also, there were no more XHC registries or whatever resembled USB3.0 registration in IOReg. But when I now plug a USB3.0 device in my Eltrons, even my unsopported ASmedia device, they all show up on the desktop easily, smoothly and fast. And they even have better values in Blackmagic Speed Disc. So yeah, I would totally recommend using them if they work for you.
This works great haus, thanks. Fwiw, I'm running 10.8.5 on uefi bios.
It shows up in my system report as USB super speed bus, the transfer speeds are around 85mb/sec.

i got my hackintosh set up so far. was a bumpy road but ok.

to get it booted i had do deactive the usb 3 controllers at the BIOS. Otherwise the system hanged at "PCI configuration begin".

has anybody a clue how to get usb 3 working under el capitan with this mainboard?

would be very thankful.
I have a z68x-ud3h-b3. Used to be able to usb 3 working prior to el capitan, but only if I inserted a usb device at boot. With the arrival of el capitan and then sierra it no longer would recognise the usb 3 at all. Went to eBay and bought this "ORICO New PVU3-2O2I USB 3.0 2 Port & 19PIN PCI Express to USB3.0 Card For MAC PC". It has an internal header that matches the plug for my front mounted case usb 3 ports, works perfectly and was only $16 Australian.

I have a z68x-ud3h-b3. Used to be able to usb 3 working prior to el capitan, but only if I inserted a usb device at boot. With the arrival of el capitan and then sierra it no longer would recognise the usb 3 at all. Went to eBay and bought this "ORICO New PVU3-2O2I USB 3.0 2 Port & 19PIN PCI Express to USB3.0 Card For MAC PC". It has an internal header that matches the plug for my front mounted case usb 3 ports, works perfectly and was only $16 Australian.
I have same board z68x-ud3h-b3 rev 1.3 and BIOS F12.
In OSX 10.11.x and Mac OS 10.12.x if you want to have USB 3 enabled in BIOS you must use FixDarwin ( in APCI when edit clover config.plist with CloverConfigurator ) otherwise you got stuck at "PCI configuration begin"
The USB3 ports (etron ej168 chip) only function with usb3 sticks and usb3 external HD not with usb2 devices.

Hi guys,
my final solution for the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 and the onboard Eltron EJ168A USB 3.0 problem:

Make sure you DO NOT have these kexts in your boot volumes Library/Extensions folder:
- FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
- FakePCIID.kext
- GenericUSBXHCI.kext
If necessary, drag them to the trash by hand and delete and reboot.
(This also means NOT to install 3rd_Party_USB and 7/8/9 Support with Multibeast if it is your initial install.)

If you have PXHCD.kext installed and USB not working properly, delete PXHCD.kext and reboot.

If necessary, apply the following Clover Configurator ACPI settings:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachments/clover-acpi-config-jpg.195497/
taken from this helpful thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/another-pci-configuration-begin-issue.177984/

I suffered a great deal for this, so I really hope it helps many of you... :D

Thanks for this, it worked perfectly on my z68, with UEFI and on Sierra!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back