Contribute
Register

How to fix the new series of motherboards dsdt

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Mobo:GIGABYTE B150M-D2VX-SI
- CPU :Intel Core i7-7700K
- Graphics Card : NVIDIA Quadro K420 (GK107GL)
- SSD: Samsung 750 128GB
- RAM: kingston ddr4 2133 8GB
My computer is a desktop, dsdt is what I extracted from the windows, my motherboard is b150m-d2vx-si-cf, Intel (R) 100 Series / C230 Series Chipset Family PMC-A121, but can not find this series of fix Patch, please help me hit the patch, can not find this series of patches on the Internet, or a patch of tools, including the new series of motherboards.

Attachments

• ssdt.zip
    14.6 KB · Views: 68
  • efi.zip
    913.8 KB · Views: 87
My computer is a desktop, dsdt is what I extracted from the windows, my motherboard is b150m-d2vx-si-cf, Intel (R) 100 Series / C230 Series Chipset Family PMC-A121, but can not find this series of fix Patch, please help me hit the patch, can not find this series of patches on the Internet, or a patch of tools, including the new series of motherboards.

What problem are you trying to fix?

Since you have one post, I'll make the suggestion that the 100 series of mobos should have UEFI BIOS and not the legacy BIOS where a DSDT is needed. As far as I understand it, UEFI systems don't need DSDTs. Didn't use one in my Z170X rig, which is running smoothly for over a year now.

Maybe you could give us a breakdown as to where you are at in terms of trying to get your Hack up and running?

UEFI systems don't need DSDTs.

Wrong.
ACPI is alive and well in UEFI systems.

Didn't use one in my Z170X rig, which is running smoothly for over a year now.

Perhaps you're referring to the notion that you didn't patch DSDT.
That does not mean you "didn't use one", as a DSDT (along with other ACPI tables) was provided by BIOS and even minimally patched by Clover by default.

And a lot of commonly needed patches can be accomplished with Clover config.plist. This does not mean that DSDT is not being patched, just that it is being patched in a different way (hotpatch).

Wrong.
ACPI is alive and well in UEFI systems.

Perhaps you're referring to the notion that you didn't patch DSDT.
That does not mean you "didn't use one", as a DSDT (along with other ACPI tables) was provided by BIOS and even minimally patched by Clover by default.

And a lot of commonly needed patches can be accomplished with Clover config.plist. This does not mean that DSDT is not being patched, just that it is being patched in a different way (hotpatch).

I was referring more to the older system-specific DSDTs, like the ones Tony has a database of, which basically end at the 7 series boards. As he was mentioning his motherboard model and chipset, I guessed that perhaps that was what he was shopping for.

As an aside, way back when, when I was getting my first Z68 system up and running with Clover, I found Tony's Multibeast Clover settings to basically be a no-go, with relatively few patches activated. I then tried the default Clover installer (sourceforge), which had a bunch more of the patches activated and the system booted without issue. Not sure if it still applies, though the last I checked the suggested Clover installs in Multibeast, the selected patches seemed similarly sparse. e.g., The default Clover installer seems to take the kitchen sink approach, while Tony's is more pared back. Or am I off on that?

Last edited:
I was referring more to the older system-specific DSDTs, like the ones Tony has a database of, which basically end at the 7 series boards. As he was mentioning his motherboard model and chipset, I guessed that perhaps that was what he was shopping for.

As an aside, way back when, when I was getting my first Z68 system up and running with Clover, I found Tony's Multibeast Clover settings to basically be a no-go, with relatively few patches activated. I then tried the default Clover installer (sourceforge), which had a bunch more of the patches activated and the system booted without issue. Not sure if it still applies, though the last I checked the suggested Clover installs in Multibeast, the selected patches seemed similarly sparse. e.g., The default Clover installer seems to take the kitchen sink approach, while Tony's is more pared back. Or am I off on that?

Using canned tools/canned configurations always a mistake unless those tools are optimized by an expert for the specific hardware you have.
Each fix must be implemented due to a problem specific to the hardware at hand.
There are some general things you might patch (certain renames, _OSI handling) but even then the details matter.
Best to start out with native ACPI setup, then implement fixes as needed.

Also, ACPI patched from another computer has been shown to be a big mistake. Problem is small differences in BIOS options, hardware configuration, and BIOS version can prove to invalidate using ACPI that were patched based on a different configuration.

Using canned tools/canned configurations always a mistake unless those tools are optimized by an expert for the specific hardware you have.
There are some general things you might patch (certain renames, _OSI handling) but even then the details matter.

Also, ACPI patched from another computer has been shown to be a big mistake. Problem is small differences in BIOS options, hardware configuration, and BIOS version can prove to invalidate using ACPI that were patched based on a different configuration.
I want to patch the extracted dsdt by using maciASL, but do not know intel different series of motherboards like previous series of old chipsets and new chipsets, which are basic patches for later mac new system upgrades , How can I once and for all, can be done mac system upgrade, without changing the basic dsdt file. Or whether we can develop new mac drivers to drive these new devices, but can not start, like windows installation, most of the drivers are included. Counterfeit some device ID, is it able to fully exploit the performance of the device? Does the mac system contain all pc machine chipset drivers? In the windows, I can through the device manager to view all the device driver list, and can clearly know which devices have no drive,

I want to patch the extracted dsdt by using maciASL, but do not know intel different series of motherboards like previous series of old chipsets and new chipsets, which are basic patches for later mac new system upgrades , How can I once and for all, can be done mac system upgrade, without changing the basic dsdt file. Or whether we can develop new mac drivers to drive these new devices, but can not start, like windows installation, most of the drivers are included. Counterfeit some device ID, is it able to fully exploit the performance of the device? Does the mac system contain all pc machine chipset drivers? In the windows, I can through the device manager to view all the device driver list, and can clearly know which devices have no drive,

It's a little bit of native compatibility, hacked kexts, and a little bit (okay, a lot) of support by way of Clover. A web search of your motherboard seems to indicate that it's a model for the Chinese market, so your mileage might vary a bit. It would probably be a good place to start with reviewing the installation guides you can find for Gigabyte B150M boards here in the forums. Gigabyte's specifications for their boards tend to be pretty comprehensive in terms of indicating the respective chips (sound, ethernet, etc.) used in a given model. This would likely allow you to compare your board against the various model/hardware-specific steps and tweaks that users had to go through to get their systems up and running. Beyond that research, it would be key to get an OS X install USB and to get Clover installed to your desired boot drive, if you can. Hangups in the USB installer boot process can be informative of the adjustments via Clover, kexts, and so forth that might be needed. Same goes for booting the installation, assuming you get that far. If you're lucky and have a viable installation guide to work with, you install Clover to your boot drive with the respective settings, install OS X via the USB installer, and get a system that boots, possibly with some fine tuning to do. More likely, however, is that you will become good friends with verbose booting and making adjustments to Clover and your system accordingly until you get up and running.

Perhaps you've seen this already, but it is necessary to have a working Mac/Hackintosh system to help with the process. e.g., creating the USB installer, formatting the install drive, installing Clover to the EFI partition, etc. I'm guessing you have a Mac to work with.

It's a little bit of native compatibility, hacked kexts, and a little bit (okay, a lot) of support by way of Clover. A web search of your motherboard seems to indicate that it's a model for the Chinese market, so your mileage might vary a bit. It would probably be a good place to start with reviewing the installation guides you can find for Gigabyte B150M boards here in the forums. Gigabyte's specifications for their boards tend to be pretty comprehensive in terms of indicating the respective chips (sound, ethernet, etc.) used in a given model. This would likely allow you to compare your board against the various model/hardware-specific steps and tweaks that users had to go through to get their systems up and running. Beyond that research, it would be key to get an OS X install USB and to get Clover installed to your desired boot drive, if you can. Hangups in the USB installer boot process can be informative of the adjustments via Clover, kexts, and so forth that might be needed. Same goes for booting the installation, assuming you get that far. If you're lucky and have a viable installation guide to work with, you install Clover to your boot drive with the respective settings, install OS X via the USB installer, and get a system that boots, possibly with some fine tuning to do. More likely, however, is that you will become good friends with verbose booting and making adjustments to Clover and your system accordingly until you get up and running.

Perhaps you've seen this already, but it is necessary to have a working Mac/Hackintosh system to help with the process. e.g., creating the USB installer, formatting the install drive, installing Clover to the EFI partition, etc. I'm guessing you have a Mac to work with.
Yes, my computer has been installed mac os X, the hardware is driven. But think about how to fully play the hardware performance, I use the software geekbench and DPCIManager:

But can not determine whether the performance is fully played.

Attachments

• pic1.png
    pic1.png
    79.4 KB · Views: 184
  • pic2.png
    pic2.png
    234.3 KB · Views: 165
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back