Contribute
Register

How to fix the new series of motherboards dsdt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, my computer has been installed mac os X, the hardware is driven. But think about how to fully play the hardware performance, I use the software geekbench and DPCIManager:

But can not determine whether the performance is fully played.

Ha! Lead with that info next time! :-D

To get a legitimate comparison, apples to apples so to speak, you would want to compare your test results against an official Mac with the same processor and RAM capacity.

It looks like you're getting roughly what you should from your system, per the following link. The mid-2017 iMac has the 7700K CPU.

Your Geekbench score vs. a 2017 iMac (Geekbench 4):
Single-Core
- Yours 5236
- iMac 5581

Multi-Core
- Yours 16233
- iMac 18914

*worth noting that some of the Geekbench 3 scores are a bit lower on the iMac, depending on which version you were running.

It looks like your memory is a bit slower than the stock iMac RAM, 2133 vs. 2400, which might account for the scores below the iMac. The only other thought that comes to mind is whether your system is effectively overclocking the way it could/should be, though I'm not sure off the cuff if Geekbench locks the CPU at a certain speed while testing or if it allows the CPU to open up all the way. Overall, you're not too far off what the official hardware gets.

https://everymac.com/systems/apple/...7-inch-aluminum-retina-5k-mid-2017-specs.html

Randomly, do the B150M boards overclock automatically with a K level processor on board?

If it's an issue of getting the overclocking tested and set up properly, I'm sure RehabMan will be able to help. :)

What problem are you trying to fix?
Use MaciASL patch, do not use clover, like usual problems, bios remake, power management, USB, sound card, card built-in,
Through maciASL patch, whether it can further improve performance, geekbench run points higher?

Last edited:

To get a legitimate comparison, apples to apples so to speak, you would want to compare your test results against an official Mac with the same processor and RAM capacity.

It looks like you're getting roughly what you should from your system, per the following link. The mid-2017 iMac has the 7700K CPU.

Single-Core
- Yours 5236
- iMac 5581

Multi-Core
- Yours 16233
- iMac 18914

*worth noting that some of the Geekbench 3 scores are a bit lower on the iMac, depending on which version you were running.

It looks like your memory is a bit slower than the stock iMac RAM, 2133 vs. 2400, which might account for the scores below the iMac. The only other thought that comes to mind is whether your system is effectively overclocking the way it could/should be, though I'm not sure off the cuff if Geekbench locks the CPU at a certain speed while testing or if it allows the CPU to open up all the way. Overall, you're not too far off what the official hardware gets.

https://everymac.com/systems/apple/...7-inch-aluminum-retina-5k-mid-2017-specs.html

Randomly, do the B150M boards overclock automatically with a K level processor on board?

If it's an issue of getting the overclocking tested and set up properly, I'm sure RehabMan will be able to help. :)

Single-Core
- Yours 5236
- iMac 5581

Multi-Core
- Yours 16233
- iMac 18914

I use the geekbench version is 4.1.1, not sure whether the cpu frequency lock

I found a new problem, when using webstorm and other programming software, with intel power gadget view, cpu temperature rose to a high, reaching 100 ℃, and will not immediately drop, and the computer becomes very slow.

Use MaciASL patch, do not use clover, like usual problems, bios remake, power management, USB, sound card, card built-in,
Through maciASL patch, whether it can further improve performance, geekbench run points higher?

The tool you should use to fix a given problem depends on the specifics of the problem.
While certain problems are best fixed by patching ACPI (best way is to hotpatch via Clover) some problems are best fixed with addon SSDTs, or injecting properties via Clover, installing additional kexts, patching native kexts via Clover, or other Clover options.
The assumption that static patching ACPI is the best way to solve all problems is wrong.

The tool you should use to fix a given problem depends on the specifics of the problem.
While certain problems are best fixed by patching ACPI (best way is to hotpatch via Clover) some problems are best fixed with addon SSDTs, or injecting properties via Clover, installing additional kexts, patching native kexts via Clover, or other Clover options.
The assumption that static patching ACPI is the best way to solve all problems is wrong.
Ok. I found that the temperature will rise when opening the application, and the computer becomes slow? Is this power management not driven?

How to fix SATA mass storage devices? It looks not recognise on PCI List;

Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 16.25.10.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back