Contribute
Register

How to enable 'Kaby Lake' Intel 6xx Graphics (10.12.6+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone using this Intel config able to play iTunes movies?

FInally i switched to RAdeon RX560 > smooth and fast, sleep working.

I will wait until a solution is found for sleep/wake on HD630 with i5 7600k

FInally i switched to RAdeon RX560 > smooth and fast, sleep working.

I will wait until a solution is found for sleep/wake on HD630 with i5 7600k

Hi man can you share a link of a proper working guide for this?

Hey epalzeo! What are your settings that work?

I have iMac 18,3. I'm just wondering what OTHER settings you have. Reminder, this is what I'm currently trying:

First, here are the my current important settings:
  • -disablegfxfirmware
  • change GFX0 to IGPU
  • IntelGFX id: 0x59128086
  • Inject Intel
  • ig-platform-id: 0x59120000
  • FaceCPUID: 0x0506E3
  • SMBIOS: iMac18,3
  • FakePIID.kext, IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, Lilu.kext
SO, before I had these settings I had the other IntelGFX id: 0x19168086
Thanks for all yurhelp. I got a nice deal on a Nvidia 730. Worked OOB.

What is the difference between HD630 ig-platform-id's 0x591b0000 and
0x59120000?

Both seem to work fine on i7 7700k

Last edited:
Hello!

I've read through this entire thread hoping I'd see something that can help me with my black screen issue, but so far I've seen lots of great progress and assistance being made, but nothing that has been able to work for me ...

I recently upgraded my motherboard to a Gigabyte Z270X Ultra Gaming (based on buyer's guide), since my previous one died.
My system is a Intel 7700K, NVidia GTX 980 Ti. As before, I have a 3-monitor configuration: 2 connected to the NV card, and 1 connected to the onboard Intel GPU (I tried both the DVI and HDMI ports with the same results). With the new motherboard with Intel HD 630, I haven't been able to get that screen to display fully. It's the primary display set in BIOS and I can see all of the boot graphics, but when it gets to the login screen the monitor connected to the Intel HD 630 goes black. The other two NV displays work and I can login. The mouse cursor shows up on the black screen when I move it over, but nothing else. I've read through every thread I could find but haven't seen anything that resolves this issue. With my previous motherboard that had the Intel HD 4600, it worked fine with my 3 monitors (1 on Intel, 2 on NVidia).

I tried various configurations with clover: injecting/no injecting, GFX0 - IGPU, IntelGFX FakeID, etc. but all result in the same black screen with mouse cursor.

Both cards and connected monitors show up properly in the system report, so obviously everything is detected properly so I'm sure I'm just missing something small (see screenshot):
View media item 189941
I also noticed that in the "About This Mac --> Displays" it shows all three monitors properly identified, but ALL with NVIDIA card .. not sure if that's normal.

I also attached my IOReg and patchmatic files. I'll get my EFI folder next; in the interim, here is a list of my kexts/Other. No additional kexts are in S/L/E (maybe AppleALC should be there?)...

AppleALC.kext
CodecCommander.kext
FakeSMC.kext
HWInfo.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Lilu.kext
NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
XHCI-200-series-injector.kext

I sure appreciate some help with this. I realize my situation is not dire, since I have a mostly working system and could just disable my Intel GPU and just use my two NV screens, but I dual boot Linux, which means change BIOS setup each time.
Please let me know if there's any additional screenshots or information I can provide.

Thanks again,
Ponty

Attachments

• RehabMan-201801201559.zip
    53.4 KB · Views: 65
  • IntelHD630.zip
    837.2 KB · Views: 66
Attached is my EFI folder.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21 MB · Views: 63
please update your hardware profile as per rules

Thanks .. I actually just realized that when I posted and was in the process of updating it (now done).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back