Contribute
Register

How to enable 'Kaby Lake' Intel 6xx Graphics (10.12.6+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all I want to say thanks to all you people here at tonymacx86 for your work. You are amazing guys.

I have a problem with getting igfx to work. I did a clean install of High Sierra (10.13.1) on a new machine. I was able to get to the install with only -v boot argument, but when it restarted to finish the install I couldn't boot up to the process with the iGPU. (Always stuck on: "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0") I needed to disable inject intel + boot argument: -disablegfxfirmware in order to finish the install and get to the desktop. I managed to get my ASUS RX560 to work with acceleration with lilu+whatevergreen almost OOB so now I am using my dedicated GPU w/o problems, but I also want working iGFX. I have tried almost every FakeID and platform ID in guides for my MB and this thread and can't seem to get anywhere. I seriously don't know what I am doing wrong...

My BIOS Settings:
  • Windows 8/10 Features = Other OS
  • Storage Boot Option Control = UEFI
  • Initial Display Output = IGFX
  • XHCI Handoff = Enabled (In USB Configuration)
  • VT-D = Disabled
  • Internal Graphics = Enabled
  • DVMT Pre-Allocated = 128
  • Fast Boot = Disabled
  • Secure Boot = Disabled
  • Platform Power Management = Disabled

Attachments

• P_20171116_180810.jpg
    P_20171116_180810.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 149
  • P_20171116_181001.jpg
    P_20171116_181001.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 145
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 67
I seriously don't know what I am doing wrong...
Your image shows an active Serial port (SuperIO) which should be disabled in your BIOS settings.

Thanks for your reply. I disabled it, still no changes. :(

I have tried almost every FakeID and platform ID in guides for my MB and this thread and can't seem to get anywhere

Fakeid should not be the same as platform id, make it 0x59128086, changes you make in the boot menu will not stick though, so if you ever manage to boot, update your config.plist
also, try Deinit ati after that

Tried that too, always stuck on gIOScreenLockstate 3 or fails to load iGFX firmware and does infinity retries to load it. I can only boot with my RX560. Strange thing is that when I try to boot with -x (safemode) the iGFX works with full acceleration.

Tried that too, always stuck on gIOScreenLockstate 3 or fails to load iGFX firmware and does infinity retries to load it. I can only boot with my RX560. Strange thing is that when I try to boot with -x (safemode) the iGFX works with full acceleration.

Need HECI to IMEI rename, also use -disablegfxfirmware for HD6xx (prevent firmware check looping). Use empty frame ig-platform-id 0x59120003 if only need IQSV enable.

What about iTunes DRM Videos? Did anyone get that to work on UHD630 connectorless with Shiki kext and NVIDIA descrete graphics? Still working on it, Shiki seems to break my QuickSync with Mac Video Converter (No Hardware Decoding)
and whatever shihigva command i add to boot args, no success yet with iTunes playback.

Glad it worked out. Just for future reference with others, without CoreDisplayFixup were you limited to 1080p(is this hdmi?). We still don't have sleep on igpu only setups. Hardware decoding do you mean quicksync, you will need shiki for that I believe

Yep that's all correct. Thanks again for your help!

For anyone who finds this:

CoreDisplayFixup was needed for > 1080p, while shiki was needed for hardware decoding. I have since also tried adding in a dedicated GPU (currently a 750 Ti) for when I get a new one in the future and have been successful. I have attached my CLOVER folder, which includes all the kexts and configs I used.

"config.plist" appears to work for both iGPU and iGPU w/ dedicated GPU (e.g., it shows both in System Information's Graphics/Displays and I have no glitches). It's still missing reliable sleep and hardware decoding is not supported (at least via both GPUs -- maybe with on iGPU).

"config.igpu.hardware-decoding.plist" is my "safe" config that can be used the iGPU only, but does provide hardware decoding.

If I get things 100% I'll make proper "complete build" post.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 98
What about iTunes DRM Videos? Did anyone get that to work on UHD630 connectorless with Shiki kext and NVIDIA descrete graphics? Still working on it, Shiki seems to break my QuickSync with Mac Video Converter (No Hardware Decoding)
and whatever shihigva command i add to boot args, no success yet with iTunes playback.
With Amd + Hd630 Connectorless DRM works without shiki, but breaks if I load shiki.

With Amd + Hd630 Connectorless DRM works without shiki, but breaks if I load shiki.

That's been my first attempt too, with that i got a working Intel QuickSync for example with MacVideoConverter (says Hardware Accelleration YES and Intel Checkbox checked) , but iTunes DRM content from iCloud or local downloaded just starts the Movie Intro Screen and then when Playing main video i get a black screen without timeline running. (stays at 0:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back