Contribute
Register

How to dual boot OS X El Capitan (Installed with unibeast/clover) and Windows 10 both of which are o

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i mean i have the problem i cannot change my Theme in clover!

The next big problem is a have a FULL HD 1920x1080 screen Resolution i use a Nvidia GeForce GTX 960, but the resolution in Clover is not 1920x1080, i look in config plist the ist a entry with 1920x1080 Pixel, can u help to solve the Problem,

so i mean i have the problem i cannot change my Theme in clover!

The next big problem is a have a FULL HD 1920x1080 screen Resolution i use a Nvidia GeForce GTX 960, but the resolution in Clover is not 1920x1080, i look in config plist the ist a entry with 1920x1080 Pixel, can u help to solve the Problem,

Your in the wrong place plz post somewhere else this is for dual booting not clover themes

I am also having an issue dual booting. I just installed El Capitan Uefi. But Windows was legacy so that made things frustrating. I went and fixed the legacy issue by having a fresh installation of windows Uefi. I don't have a clue how to get a screen to choose between the two. If I have bios set to boot the mac drive I get mac. If I have it set to the windows drive windows will boot. I read the directions someone posted on here and felt like I was reading a foreign language. I am fairly tech savvy but some of the posts confuse me.

I am also having an issue dual booting. I just installed El Capitan Uefi. But Windows was legacy so that made things frustrating. I went and fixed the legacy issue by having a fresh installation of windows Uefi. I don't have a clue how to get a screen to choose between the two. If I have bios set to boot the mac drive I get mac. If I have it set to the windows drive windows will boot. I read the directions someone posted on here and felt like I was reading a foreign language. I am fairly tech savvy but some of the posts confuse me.

Install Clover EFI mode on the OS X drive. Make this drive first in BBS HDD boot order. At the Clover screen, select OS X icon to boot OS X, select Boot Windows EFI from EFI icon to boot Win10.

There are no icons to choose from. When os x drive is first in the boot order it boots right into mac. When Windows drive is first in the boot order it boots right to windows. I don't get any choice. When I had Yosemite and Windows I had a choice.

There are no icons to choose from. When os x drive is first in the boot order it boots right into mac. When Windows drive is first in the boot order it boots right to windows. I don't get any choice. When I had Yosemite and Windows I had a choice.

Boot OS X, mount EFI partition, open config.plist in your favorite editor, change the Timeout value to 10. This should get you 10 seconds at the Clover selection screen to hit any key to stop the timer just as you can in Chimera/Chameleon.

When I was using Chimera I set it to 0 as per some instructions. This made it so it wouldn't go past the boot screen until I made a choice. I tried to do that with Clover and I get no boot screen.

When I was using Chimera I set it to 0 as per some instructions. This made it so it wouldn't go past the boot screen until I made a choice. I tried to do that with Clover and I get no boot screen.

See https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/Boot#Timeout

Timeout = 0 results in boot directly to OS without GUI screen
Timeout = x (where x = 1 through whatever number) results in that number of seconds delay at the GUI screen
note if -1 is used, it is the same as timeout=0 in Chimera/Chameleon - GUI screen with no timeout, waits for you to make selection

I seem to have problems booting into Windows 10.

I have 1 x SSD and 2 x HDD.
1 x SSD (OSX)
1 x HDD (Win10)
1 x HDD (HFS+, mainly for storage for the OSX)

What I did was the following steps:
1. Disconnect 2 x HDD, installed OSX onto the SSD as per instructions on Tonymacx86
2. Disconnect SSD + 1 x HDD, installed Windows 10 on 1 x HDD (I did make sure I installed it in UEFI, initially I installed it as Legacy... but I finally fixed that)
3. Connect all 3 drives, chooses SSD as first boot priority
4. Clover shows up with OSX, UEFI Windows and other 'legacy'? boots. Anyways I've ignored those.
5. Clicking OSX boots straight into OSX so no issues there
6. Clicking Windows 10 just 'stalls' the boot. It goes to a black page with the cursor on the top left of the page flickering...
7. Restart computer, disconnects all drives except Windows 10 drive and it boots straight into Windows 10 perfectly.

I'm assuming it's something to do with my Clover bootloader.
Can someone please let me know what issue I may be having and also let me know how your "EFI" drive looks like? After mounting your EFI drive with Clover Configuration and then looking at the CLOVER and BOOT folder, could you let me know which files are in there for you to be able to dual boot El Capitan and Windows 10?

I seem to have problems booting into Windows 10.

I have 1 x SSD and 2 x HDD.
1 x SSD (OSX)
1 x HDD (Win10)
1 x HDD (HFS+, mainly for storage for the OSX)

What I did was the following steps:
1. Disconnect 2 x HDD, installed OSX onto the SSD as per instructions on Tonymacx86
2. Disconnect SSD + 1 x HDD, installed Windows 10 on 1 x HDD (I did make sure I installed it in UEFI, initially I installed it as Legacy... but I finally fixed that)
3. Connect all 3 drives, chooses SSD as first boot priority
4. Clover shows up with OSX, UEFI Windows and other 'legacy'? boots. Anyways I've ignored those.
5. Clicking OSX boots straight into OSX so no issues there
6. Clicking Windows 10 just 'stalls' the boot. It goes to a black page with the cursor on the top left of the page flickering...
7. Restart computer, disconnects all drives except Windows 10 drive and it boots straight into Windows 10 perfectly.

I'm assuming it's something to do with my Clover bootloader.
Can someone please let me know what issue I may be having and also let me know how your "EFI" drive looks like? After mounting your EFI drive with Clover Configuration and then looking at the CLOVER and BOOT folder, could you let me know which files are in there for you to be able to dual boot El Capitan and Windows 10?

Boot Win10, click start and type msinfo32 and hit enter. Post pic of resulting window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back