Contribute
Register

How to dual boot OS X El Capitan (Installed with unibeast/clover) and Windows 10 both of which are o

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand what i'm doing wrong im trying to install windows UEFI on my hack i've installed OS X and then when i boot from windows usb i get a error when trying to install.

Now i've already studied this a lot i formatted the drive with 2 partitions( by the way I am installing on one drive not two.) first partition being OS X extended Journaled the second partition being as free space. Then when i'm in the windows installer i click on the unallocatted space and it shows me the error and i can't click next to install windows so if anyone could help me it would be much appreciated.
If installing Win10 you need to convert the drive to GPT+ and the easiest way is to format it with Disk Utility in OS X - just format it as if you were going to install OS X on the drive.
When in the Windows installer, you will see the EFI partition and a single partition for the rest of the drive. Click on advanced button, click on the partition, click on delete, click on continue and install. Windows will create its own partitions and format them from there.

HI can you please tell me what ntsf files you added to efi in order to get it to dual boot with El Capitan and clover. Also what version of clover did you use, Pkg, non pkg. thanks.

miche bre

HI can you please tell me what ntsf files you added to efi in order to get it to dual boot with El Capitan and clover. Also what version of clover did you use, Pkg, non pkg. thanks.

miche bre

Did not use anything extra. Used the MultiBeast to install Clover, reconnected the Win10 drive and booted to UEFI, set the OS X drive first in BBS boot order, save&exit continue boot. At Clover screen I can elect to boot OS X or I can boot Win10 by selecting the icon labeled Boot Microsoft EFI from EFI (or something like that - can't remember exact wording and I renamed it from within Windows anyway.

Hi,

i hope u can help me, my first question is, which OS i must installed first.

I try to boot from my Clover SSD but i can not select this in the BOOT OPTION PRIORITIES.

First I installed Windows for UEFI MODE and after i have installed MAC OS X EL CAPITAN and use Multibeast choose CLOVER UEFI.

I can not set the SSD with Clover in BIOS to set this first UEFI, in Bios its show me only WINDOWS BOOT Manager. (why?)

I hope that one of u can help me,

have a nice day, Greets from Germany Cologne

Hi,

i hope u can help me, my first question is, which OS i must installed first.

I try to boot from my Clover SSD but i can not select this in the BOOT OPTION PRIORITIES.

First I installed Windows for UEFI MODE and after i have installed MAC OS X EL CAPITAN and use Multibeast choose CLOVER UEFI.

I can not set the SSD with Clover in BIOS to set this first UEFI, in Bios its show me only WINDOWS BOOT Manager. (why?)

I hope that one of u can help me,

have a nice day, Greets from Germany Cologne

If your mobo is a MacPro 3,1 I have no idea what your BIOS looks like with a Haswell refresh CPU in it. Must be really buggared up to run at all.

So i use the same Mainboard a Gigabyte GA z77x-ud5h Intel Core i7 3770 GTX 960 8 GB RAM

i use the guide from UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

my question is what i must install first MAC OS X or Windows SMPLIST is iMac 13,2

Thy

See http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html
Only difference is use of Clover instead of Chimera and install Windows UEFI mode instead of Legacy mode on board with UEFI/BIOS set up for UEFI booting. Or, on a Z77 board, create your UniBeast installer Legacy Mode, install both OS X and Windows in Legacy mode per the linked guide and install Clover Legacy Mode post install with MultiBeast.

I have an older legacy motherboard, BIOS-only. Dual booting worked fine with Chimera, but ever since switching to Clover / El Cap I get a "boot mgr error" when I select my Windows 10 drive. Any ideas? Thanks.

I have an older legacy motherboard, BIOS-only. Dual booting worked fine with Chimera, but ever since switching to Clover / El Cap I get a "boot mgr error" when I select my Windows 10 drive. Any ideas? Thanks.

Are you selecting the System Reserved icon to boot Windows?

You have Win10 installed Legacy mode, which is OK, it should still boot. Make sure in BIOS you have the boot mode set to "Legacy and UEFI" so it will boot both the Clover OS X EFI and the Win10 Legacy.

It may be a BIOS/UEFI thing, but I have no problem booting EFI for OS X and Legacy for Win7 on the P8Z77-I (when I have time I intend to test the Z87I Deluxe also) while others are having problems getting Windows to boot.

I know my question is slightly off topic .. But I feel you might have the answer to it .

I have the exact same issue clover dual boot... but I'm more interested in booting my 2nd hard drive that has legacy installed windows in it to run on parallels .. Parallels and VMware give me this ( operating system not found) does parallels and VMware require UEFI windows as well?

do I have to reinstall windows again via Parallels? or can my existing hard drive just boot in parallels?

dual boot from clover requires converting to UEFI . I can always boot form the bios so its not a deal breaker for me .

I hope you can help me out .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back