Contribute
Register

[How-to] Download Sierra 10.12.6 installer using Mac App Store command line interface

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you so much for this! i needed to do a clean install.. but i don't wanna fully comit to 64bit yet :)

just download that mas-cli.zip file.. extract it.. open terminal.. drag the mas file over then type space then:
install 1127487414

brilliant! .. any other older versions of OSX that work like this??

Open Appstore, signin using your apple ID. This method requires your AppleID already eligible (or purchased) Mac OS X Sierra.

Download this:
https://github.com/mas-cli/mas/releases

Extract it to a folder, you'll get an executable file : "mas"
Drag "mas" file to terminal window, then behind it type so it says like this:
<username>$ /Users/xxx/Downloads/mas-cli/mas install 1127487414

It will start downloading latest Sierra (10.12.6) just like if using appstore...

I couldn't work it out. I download mas - run mas and then a terminal window opens and says "Process completed". I can't do anything. It seems frozen... any ideas? Thanks

thank you so much for this! i needed to do a clean install.. but i don't wanna fully comit to 64bit yet :)

just download that mas-cli.zip file.. extract it.. open terminal.. drag the mas file over then type space then:
install 1127487414

brilliant! .. any other older versions of OSX that work like this??

hmm it says "Install macOS Sierra is already installed" ... I just want to download the installer. Any ideas? Thank you

hmm it says "Install macOS Sierra is already installed" ... I just want to download the installer. Any ideas? Thank you
Use this link to open the macOS Sierra page on the App Store: Get macOS Sierra.

... ok. problem solved. Just eject "os X install ESD" on the left side of diskutility. Then it works. Try it again if it fails...

Downloading macOS 10.12.6 with this method still works on macOS Mojave, and it is now the only method. Using the Mac App Store link is not allowed to download on Mojave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back