Contribute
Register

How to create an USB stick installer with Clover and OSX 10.8.3/10.8.4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ML 10.8.4
CPU
core i7-3770k
Graphics
MSI GTX760 OC
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all!

I would like to have a fresh start with my hackintosh, and to try Clover with it.
I already have a stick created with Unibeast, but I want another one with clover.
BUT... I've followed the tutorial on OSX86, but my stick doesn't boot, I think it's because it's made with a very old Clover, and the Customizable options are not the same in the last version.

Does anyone have an up-to-date tutorial for making a Unibeast like USb stick based on Clover?

Thanks a lot!

How to create an USB stick installer with Clover and OSX 10.3/10.4?

There are no support for 10.3 just 10.4

INSTALLING OSX (making Clover install USB)

We will need hack or Mac to make make this happens,8 GB USB stick(preferred USB 3 for speed)
First mount clean untouched InstallESD.dmg from your appstore mountain lion installer version 10.8.3 like this.

s0edGpo.png

Then go to Contents/SharedSupport and double click on InstalESD.dmg
Next start Disk utility
Choose your USB stick,and then click partition.
Change partition layout: to 1 partition
Then Click option and choose GUID partition table ,click ok.
Choose Format to Mac OS Extended (Journaled),and hit apply,then partition.
Now your USB should look like this.

iBacPzh.png

Next we will restore InstallESD.dmg to our newly formatted USB stick.
Using Disk Utility choose MAC OS X install ESD
Next choose tab restore.

TIigCMN.png

then drag your Untitled 1 to destination.

TjRZKXT.png

Next click restore,and then erase and wait till finish.
Unmount all of your MAC OS X install ESD then replug your USB stick.

Now start latest clover setup and choose options for bios booting.
No drivers needed for this.
Open your efi folder and add kext that u need like fakesmc,nullcpu etc...

Now try boot.

Next we have Mac OS X Install ESD option and we select it and we press space and choose option Withkext
First stage of setup should start and we install OSX, setup will restart.
After restart we again boot from USB and choose Install OSX option,press space and choose NoCaches With Kext option.
Setup will now finish stage 2 and again restart.
Again boot from USB and select name of your new installed OSX and press space choose with kext.
U will get to desktop and now just install kext in s/l/e

Hello

I can not boot using the tutorial and the option Withkext no exists

My rig is

Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H
Intel i5 2400
ASUS GeForce GTX 550 Ti

Ideas?

Yes I did

I did this

1 - Create an USB stick booteable with Mac OS X 10.8.4 using the Disk Utility more the installer of system from Apple Store with your tutorial
2 - Install the last version of clover 2 rev1942 on the USB stick recently created

Here i am not sure the options i need use for my rig.
I used the options by default that are Bootloader/Don't update MBR and MBR sector and CloverEFI/CloverEFI 64-bits SATA

3 - I installed those kexts, AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext, AppleACPIPlatform.kext, EvOreboot.kext, FakeSMC.kext, GenericUSBXHCI.kext, IONetworkingFamily.kext, JMicron36xATA.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext on USB stick/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.8

4 - Reboot the machine and in menu of startup disk i choose the USB Stick
5 - Press the spacebar and i have options from Chimera

I did an attempt writing the line Whitkext=Yes but I had no luck

UPDATE
I had a bit of progress

1 - After of create el USB Stick with success is need configure your BIOS and put as startup disk the usb stick, save changes and restart
2 - Appears the menu with the disks for boot, choose the Mac OS X Install ESD (the usb stick)
3 - Press the spacebar and now yes i have the option of boot with the injected kexts
4 - I obtained the error "Error loading cache (0x9)
5 - Restart the machine from hard disk, the usb stick mounted and then go to USB STICK/Library/Preferences/ open the file with name com.apple.Boot.plist and delete 2 lines referred to kernel cache, save the changes and restart the machine with the usb stick
6 - Now, I got other error, "Loading drivers"

I am stuck here

Yes I did

I did this

1 - Create an USB stick booteable with Mac OS X 10.8.4 using the Disk Utility more the installer of system from Apple Store with your tutorial
2 - Install the last version of clover 2 rev1942 on the USB stick recently created

Here i am not sure the options i need use for my rig.
I used the options by default that are Bootloader/Don't update MBR and MBR sector and CloverEFI/CloverEFI 64-bits SATA

3 - I installed those kexts, AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext, AppleACPIPlatform.kext, EvOreboot.kext, FakeSMC.kext, GenericUSBXHCI.kext, IONetworkingFamily.kext, JMicron36xATA.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext on USB stick/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.8

4 - Reboot the machine and in menu of startup disk i choose the USB Stick
5 - Press the spacebar and i have options from Chimera

I did an attempt writing the line Whitkext=Yes but I had no luck

UPDATE
I had a bit of progress

1 - After of create el USB Stick with success is need configure your BIOS and put as startup disk the usb stick, save changes and restart
2 - Appears the menu with the disks for boot, choose the Mac OS X Install ESD (the usb stick)
3 - Press the spacebar and now yes i have the option of boot with the injected kexts
4 - I obtained the error "Error loading cache (0x9)
5 - Restart the machine from hard disk, the usb stick mounted and then go to USB STICK/Library/Preferences/ open the file with name com.apple.Boot.plist and delete 2 lines referred to kernel cache, save the changes and restart the machine with the usb stick
6 - Now, I got other error, "Loading drivers"

I am stuck here
Only Kext u need for your hardware its fakesmc.
Install Clover for UEFI motherboards not legacy!.
use osxaptiofix from clover installer.

When u press spacebar choose withoutcaches with kext option.

Thanks ... I will back with the report :)

The same error ... error Loading Drivers

Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back