Contribute
Register

How to create an USB stick installer with Clover and OSX 10.8.3/10.8.4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested if this method works also for Legacy BIOSes?

Because every time i need to reinstall my system I need to use unibeast then update boot loader from chimera to Clover.
I want to create legacy Clover installer also for OS X recovery partition.

It is possible?

This guys says it succeeded: http://www.tonymacx86.com/alternate...eal-mac-wonderful-install-osx-experience.html

Yes it works for Legacy BIOSes. It was originally developed for them and it is recommended you install OS X and Clover in Legacy mode until you learn about the benefits and quirks of clover and what you need for your particular hardware in the config.plist before you go to UEFI mode.

xpamamadeus post on creating an installer works fine, make sure you have FakeSMC copied to clover> kext> 10.8 and clover> kext> other. If this doesn't work for you PM me and I'll help you run clover on your existing setup without reinstalling anything.

OK, after copying FakeSMC from my SSD from my MB 5.5.3 install and choosing, "Boot Mac OS X with injected kexts" I now get the installer up and running. It finally bypassed the bluetooth error. Thanks once again for your help.

You have already helped me get clover working with my existing SSD, of which I again thank you.

-=Mark=-

p.s. if I can bother you once again, Do you know how I can get the Clover graphical menu to show up? I chose metal theme, but all I get is a dark blue background with black text. I haven';t found anything except to make sure I chose metal themes during clover install as it uses it by default.

Check /EFI/Clover/Themes to see if the Metal folder exist. Check the config.plist and verify it's calling Metal.

No, there was no metal folder. I downloaded and installed the latest Clover and it let me select the metal theme and now all is good. Thanks again.

However, no mouse control on the interface. The arrow keys work fine, but it would be awesome if I got the mouse working in Clover.

Also, I figured out which config.plist to edit. I was getting 3 different ones and noticed two were old and identical in size, and the third one was new and 1k larger.

It was efi/clover/config.plist

Glad it's working. Unless you are building a boot disk with various oem profiles, efi/clover/config.plist is default. I screwed around a while back with getting the mouse working in the Clover GUI, I did get it working somewhat, it kinda sucked. I like the arrow keys... LOL

Yeah, I probably would use the arrow keys 99% of the as well. Be nice for it to work, but not a big deal.

I went looking at Mavericks at the app store and see it's free. I decided to try and make a clover UEFI USB mavericks install drive, but when clover comes up, it doesn't recognize the USB drive as a bootable device. No, "OS X Install ESD" selection possible. It seems to notice the USB, but an external efi device, but it won't boot Mavericks install program.

Unibeast works fine so far, but still need unibeast to boot the hdd.

The InstallESD file structure has changed so the old methods no longer work. I created my Clover installer by following the instructions here with the second option titled "Alternative Ways" and then installed Clover UEFI to the USB. It worked fine...

I think there's a much easier way but I don't want to post until I test it tonight.

Same works for 10.8.5 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back