Contribute
Register

How to Create a macOS Sierra Public Beta Installation USB

your config.plist is a bit of a mess (from a few pages back) did you add in the in the HFSPlus.efi as suggested? also have you setup your bios correctly ?

Hi i don't understand how my config.plist could be a mess, all i have done is follow the tutorial i haven't touched it in any way, as for the HFSPlus.efi where would i get that from and where do i place it? yes my bios is configured correctly also.

check vt-d and prossor acceleration.

MacPro3,1

Screen_Shot_2016-09-10_at_12_20_35_PM.png

That's your problem right there - MacPro3,1 does not meet the minimum spec to install macOS Sierra.
Try changing to an iMac14,2.

Does this just update my OS (keeping my apps, settings, etc..) or remove everything?
Also can I do it directly from Yosemite 10.10.1 or do I have to update to El Capitan first?

Does this just update my OS (keeping my apps, settings, etc..) or remove everything?
Also can I do it directly from Yosemite 10.10.1 or do I have to update to El Capitan first?

It depends how you install. If you run from the app using clover then everything will be still as normal when the upgrade is done. But if you reinstall with 10.12 then you're apps etc will be erased.

Hello! Im trying to install 10.12 GM, but I can't see my HDD. I see only the USB installer option. Tried to restart, but it's not showing. The same on Disk Utility. I used Clover 3726. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Great guide.

Edit: SOLVED. My bios was in IDE mode by default. Changed it to AHCI.

Last edited:
Back