Contribute
Register

How to Create a macOS Sierra Public Beta Installation USB

Has anyone used the new RX 480 in Sierra?

I am. I have it booting and everything is fine but no acceleration yet. Tips welcome.

i just got the hid: legacy shim 2 all the time! ga-170x-gaming-7 and 2x8gb g.skill ddr4, 11.5 is perfect but can't reach sierra using iMac 14,2......Very upset

Not working on a GA Z170X UD5 TH with latest clover and iMac 17 smbios.. cat get the usb working at all :(

Not working on a GA Z170X UD5 TH with latest clover and iMac 17 smbios.. cat get the usb working at all :(

You are posting in a Guide thread, if you want help post in Sierra Desktop Support.
Nobody will be able to help you if you don't give details of the problem that you are experiencing.
Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stop (in your new thread).

Here's a quick guide to create a macOS Sierra 10.12 Public Beta Installation USB using Clover. Please note, this guide is not universal, and may not work for all systems.​

STEP 1: Download macOS Sierra Public Beta
Could you give a tutorial on how to remove master boot record on a usb stick on a Mac because I can't partition my usb because of that.
That would help a lot.
Thanks!

Could you give a tutorial on how to remove master boot record on a usb stick on a Mac because I can't partition my usb because of that.
That would help a lot.
Thanks!
does it not remove that when you partition the usb drive using guid partition?

That would help a lot.
Thanks!

Try inserting usb open from desktop and drop files in trash. It worked for me. Then partition.

Update: Successful install. The computer has three separate hard drives in it. The drive I wanted to install Sierra on was the 3rd SATA drive. When I disconnected the first two, the installer ran flawlessly.

The only problem now is that in order to boot Sierra, I need to disconnect the other drives that contain the applications and data. Any ideas would be helpful.

There is a multi boot guide on this forum. Google it and scroll down to the Tonymac forum link, that's probably the quickest way to find it.

Got installed sierra on z170i using MacOS Sierra USB Installer, fakesmc and other usefull kexts doesn't work, ethernet is working by using IntelMausiEthernet. Sound i/o is visible in System Report, so i think it would work proper with AppleHDA.
P.S. This guide doesn't worked for me.
P.S.S Sierra looks faster than previous.

Last edited:
Back