Contribute
Register

How to Change Your Bootloader Using MultiBeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't seem to get the new bootloader to stick. I select Chimera and reboot but I get the same old "Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132 - AnVAL v5.1.4 r709". Do I need to find and trash the old bootloader?

IF I already have chameleon should I change to chimera

doesnt work :(
charmeleon dont work, chimera dont work, only iBoot...

is there a way to delete the installed bootloader, make another partition and backup iBoot to this partition to boot from there??

peter717 said:

is there a way to delete the installed bootloader, make another partition and backup iBoot to this partition to boot from there??

you cant delete bootloader, install new one instead of old ;)

hacman said:
peter717 said:

hacman said:
peter717 said:

no bootloader work... i tried maybe 20 times with multibeast, sometimes easybeast, sometimes customDSDT but always when i boot from my hdd ther comes the "You have restart your computer..." message... :(

peter717 said:
no bootloader work... i tried maybe 20 times with multibeast, sometimes easybeast, sometimes customDSDT but always when i boot from my hdd ther comes the "You have restart your computer..." message... :(

Your system is compatible- it has to be something you're doing wrong. Make sure you've followed all of the Tips:

wiki/index.php?title=Troubleshooting

Hi

Sorry for dumb noob question, but;

1 - My machine is currently working perfectly with Chameleon ATI bootloader. Is there any need to update bootloader to Chimera?

2 - If I do update bootloader, should I backup smbios.plist and com.apple.boot.plist or are these not overwritten, as I have got a couple of custom entries in them?

Thanks in advance

therealgiblet said:
Hi

Sorry for dumb noob question, but;

1 - My machine is currently working perfectly with Chameleon ATI bootloader. Is there any need to update bootloader to Chimera?

2 - If I do update bootloader, should I backup smbios.plist and com.apple.boot.plist or are these not overwritten, as I have got a couple of custom entries in them?

Thanks in advance

My advice would be 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it!' :D

Early in the thread someone mentioned that installing via MultiBeast is only for those with an existing boot loader. I overwrote mine when I installed windows, what do I have to do to get chimera back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back