Contribute
Register

How to Change Your Bootloader Using MultiBeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
AndyStubbs said:
Doogs38 said:
I may very well be wrong, but it appears that Andy has something in his boot file for ATI 68xx graphics cards that is currently missing from Chimera.

Yup, I added in the framebuffer personalities and device id's for some of the newer cards. I posted a link to the source code somewhere around here so perhaps they can whack those changes in to Chimera - or if the source for chimera is available I'll do it.

If your changes where put into Chimera would I then be able to just update to Chimera and not use your ATI fix or Notshy's DSDT edit fix?
I'm still learning the whole inner workings of Kexts and DSDT so please understand if this is a silly question and I should kinda already know lol. I can build the crap out of a computer it's the programming and editing all of that that I am brand new to.
Oh and thanks again for your ATI fix :)

eelhead said:
If your changes where put into Chimera would I then be able to just update to Chimera and not use your ATI fix or Notshy's DSDT edit fix?
I'm still learning the whole inner workings of Kexts and DSDT so please understand if this is a silly question and I should kinda already know lol. I can build the crap out of a computer it's the programming and editing all of that that I am brand new to.
Oh and thanks again for your ATI fix :)

Essentially yes, Chimera just needs the new framebuffer personalities and device id's of the newer cards adding in then graphicsenabler will work with the new cards and framebuffers.

AndyStubbs said:
Essentially yes, Chimera just needs the new framebuffer personalities and device id's of the newer cards adding in then graphicsenabler will work with the new cards and framebuffers.
Cool thanks for your response!

cyberdog said:
install : OK
first reboot : => reboot
reboot
reboot
reboot
bios appears and PC reboot before loading osx
-
so, i use iboot for make new install from chameleon 2rc5

This is a known issue- Splitting to debug topic.

CyCLoBoT said:
So with Chimera, do I no longer need NV Enabler kext in the Extra folder?

NVenabler is no longer necessary unless having difficulties with port configuration in older cards such as 7xxx and below. Most NVIDIA cards, including the 9800 work best with Graphicsenabler=Yes by default- no kexts necessary when using any of the latest Chameleon 2.0 RC5 or Chimera.

AndyStubbs said:
Doogs38 said:
I may very well be wrong, but it appears that Andy has something in his boot file for ATI 68xx graphics cards that is currently missing from Chimera.

Yup, I added in the framebuffer personalities and device id's for some of the newer cards. I posted a link to the source code somewhere around here so perhaps they can whack those changes in to Chimera - or if the source for chimera is available I'll do it.
Righteeoooo then. Thanks for the feedback Andy (and thanks for your ATI fix). I'll wait for a future update to Chimera.

CyCLoBoT said:
Just installed Chimera but my RAM is still getting detected as 1333 MHz instead of 1600.
It's a cosmetic issue, look at you smbios.plist and see what is listed there. If it's 1333 then change it to 1600.

CyCLoBoT said:
Just installed Chimera but my RAM is still getting detected as 1333 MHz instead of 1600.
This is a know issue only on X58 boards where actual RAM speed is not read, only the SPD speed.

This is purely cosmetic, but on the Chimera bug list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back