Contribute
Register

How To: Build your own "Real" Airport Card

I've decided to make one of these for my new build (unless there's any off the shelf adapters that work without 3rd party software?)

I've found the apple card here in the UK for £15. Can anyone suggest the cheapest alternative to the Winking adapter?

I'm not sure EXACTLY what is required. I can find things that look similar but no exact matches.

Would this be the right PCI-e card?:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Style...Computing_NetworkCards_RL&hash=item51a10c71b0

I've got the PCI-e adapter. But there seems to be an abundance of "Apple airport cards" what is it exatly that I'm after?

I can find a few of the BCM94321MC's but there's a load on eBay, will any of them work?

Thanks

is there a successor to the BCM94322?

I'm deciding whether to build my own card or get the TP-link 4800. there were some reviews on NCIX that said the TP-Link disconnects a lot on Windows 8. I'm starting from scratch since my build was mucked up from some dodgy windows driver.

What do you gain if rebranding to an apple extreme card? Is it needed? Any difference if using the half mini PCIe BCM94322HM8L in a PCIe x1?

anyone knows which is better or more compatible? Atheros or Broadcom? Which comes better out of the box with no monkeying around or rebranding? Thanks guys!

Where can I find drivers to use an airport card like this one on the windows 7 side of my hackintosh?

Wow, thanks, another thing in the list of things to do as soon as I get the main hardware to work :)

I'm about to build a few of these cards, and one is for an older system. Anyone know if it works with 10.5.8?

Back