Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @kgp,
Here is the report considering my X299-A build.
I reflashed BIOS (twice) with non-patched 1503.
Updated Clover to 4706.
Used SSDT-X299A-XHC.aml you've sent.
Replaced a PSU from 750W (went to friend's Windows PC) to 1000W.
And now sleep is working.
I think the problem with sleep might be because of the PSU that I used with 24pin extender.
Here is my working EFI.

Hey there! same mobo here! Prime X299-A ! Do your .aml SSDTs work flawless on our mobo? can I copy them?

Hey there! same mobo here! Prime X299-A ! Do your .aml SSDTs work flawless on our mobo? can I copy them?
Hey, I've attached my EFI to the previous message. It has all SSDT files I'm using at the moment.

Just don't forget to tweak TSCAdjustReset.kext for your i7 7820X (or use the attached) and remove SSDT-X299-Nvidia.aml.

Attachments

• TSCAdjustReset.kext.zip
    8.9 KB · Views: 68
Hey, I've attached my EFI to the previous message. It has all SSDT files I'm using at the moment.
Yes I saw, thanks! should I only update SMBIOS serials and proper TSCAdjust? Any other modification?

Just don't forget to tweak TSCAdjustReset.kext for your i7 7820X (or use the attached) and remove SSDT-X299-Nvidia.aml.

DONE!!! EVERYTHING IS WORKING!!! Even AppleALC and Sleep Wake! I today bought a Prime Deluxe to use KGP's .aml but now what do you think? Can I save those euros?!?!?! OMG I'm happy... anyway I'm really curious about your opinion and @kgp one about switching form -A to Deluxe in terms of support and compatibility.

Yes I saw, thanks! should I only update SMBIOS serials and proper TSCAdjust? Any other modification?

DONE!!! EVERYTHING IS WORKING!!! Even AppleALC and Sleep Wake! I today bought a Prime Deluxe to use KGP's .aml but now what do you think? Can I save those euros?!?!?! OMG I'm happy... anyway I'm really curious about your opinion and @kgp one about switching form -A to Deluxe in terms of support and compatibility.

Seems you missed one of my posts quite important for your though I guess, right? :lol: See: #10969!

Seems you missed one of my posts quite important for your though I guess, right? :lol: See: #10969!

Sometimes I struggle to keep up with you guys! You made my day guys! anyway... do you still think I should spend extra money to buy the Deluxe instead of keeping this -A that now works like a charm? I'm asking this not for current situation, now everything is awesome, but in the future maybe @kgp will continue to develop .aml for Deluxe and @Il.F will stop sharing help with me? I'm a bit anxious I know, plz forgive me! Just saying 'cause @kgp is the boss here and probably will help us till the end (until Apple will use their ARM chips and the music will stop)

Sometimes I struggle to keep up with you guys! You made my day guys! anyway... do you still think I should spend extra money to buy the Deluxe instead of keeping this -A that now works like a charm? I'm asking this not for current situation, now everything is awesome, but in the future maybe kip will continue to develop .aml for Deluxe and @Il.F will stop sharing help with me? I'm a bit anxious I know, plz forgive me.

In fact I already helped IF.M with his EFI for the Prime X299-A, but you did not follow the respective posts and I was not willing to do the same work twice. All information needed for your system was already there for nearly 10 days. You just need to read and follow and take what you can get, my friend.. ;)

Now I guess you should just stay with your Prime X299-A as you seem quite happy with your current system performance. As I recently already mentioned elsewhere: never touch a running system :mrgreen:;):lol:

In fact I already helped IF.M with his EFI for the Prime X299-A, but you did not follow the respective posts and I was not willing to do the same work twice. All information needed for your system was already there for nearly 10 days. You just need to read and follow and take what you can get, my friend.. ;)

Now I guess you should just stay with your Prime X299-A as you seem quite happy with your current system performance. As I recently already mentioned elsewhere: never touch a running system :mrgreen:;):lol:
Ok, fine... thanks again! I'll have plenty of time to buy a Deluxe if needed in the future!

I built the hack in this thread and then needed to go back to windows 10 for music production. I have the Bios tweaked for windows 10 now. Is there a risk to booting up in OSX without returning the Bios settings to what KGP recommends in the build instructions? I know you’d probably want more specifics on my Bios settings, but just wondering if there is a risk in damaging my machine, or just a risk of the OS X side not running at full efficiency?

I built the hack in this thread and then needed to go back to windows 10 for music production. I have the Bios tweaked for windows 10 now. Is there a risk to booting up in OSX without returning the Bios settings to what KGP recommends in the build instructions? I know you’d probably want more specifics on my Bios settings, but just wondering if there is a risk in damaging my machine, or just a risk of the OS X side not running at full efficiency?

Whatfor do you think I am recommending dedicated BIOS settings for macOS, which btw also perfectly work with an UEFI Windows installation? :rolleyes:

What you want to hear at this place? That it’s a good idea to optimize your BIOS on a dual boot system with macOS for Windows only? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back