Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need an IOREG.save and not a Darvin dump of your system ;)..

Oops... sorry ! This time I used IORegistryExplorer, I hope it is the right procedure. :)
I'm not a Mac expert, as you maybe already guessed ... ;-)

Attachments

• ioreg.zip
    942.8 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: kgp
Oops... sorry ! This time I used IORegistryExplorer, I hope it is the right procedure. :)
I'm not a Mac expert, as you maybe already guessed ... ;-)

Did you see and read my post #11063?

Do you use the correct port limit patch? If so, it seems that you need to create a board specific XHC USB kext by following my respective guidelines.

I have same mainboard x299 prime deluxe, i put KGP-iMacPro-XHCI.kext in /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/ and i patch in config.plist .
But not work.

thanks

Please upload IOREG-save and EFI-Folder-Folder.
thanks
only change is processor i have 7940 but all works

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    31.3 MB · Views: 74
  • VFX1’s iMac Pro.ioreg
    17.9 MB · Views: 78
Do you know how to call the hidden resolution and display frequency menu under Display Settings of macOS System Preferences? @izo1 once explained the necessary keyboard shortcut to us in one if his posts. Very likely, this menu could help you further. Find the respective post or ask him here to remind us once more which keys need to be used. He certainly will also be perfectly skilled for helping and advising you in your final display configuration, I am quite convinced.

Hold down the "option" key while clicking on the "Scaled" radio button in System Preferences > Displays. This should provide you with a complete list of available resolutions.

Reactions: kgp
thanks
only change is processor i have 7940 but all works

Please add your Skylake-X/X299 system specs to either your profile or signature.

Seems that the four USB3.0 ports also stopped working on my system. Seems there is some interference with the GC-Titan Ridge or the TB-SSDT. Please give me time to check on that..

Do you know how to call the hidden resolution and display frequency menu under Display Settings of macOS System Preferences? @izo1 once explained the necessary keyboard shortcut to us in one if his posts. Very likely, this menu could help you further. Find the respective post or ask him here to remind us once more which keys need to be used. He certainly will also be perfectly skilled for helping and advising you in your final display configuration, I am quite convinced.

Hi KGP

If you're talking about the hidden menu in Displays...

You go to System Preferences > Displays > [Hold OPT] and click Scaled > Check Show low resolution modes

I'm running dual 38" LG Ultrawides (3840x1600) at full resolution @ 75Hz on both monitors, no problems.

Hi KGP

If you're talking about the hidden menu in Displays...

You go to System Preferences > Displays > [Hold OPT] and click Scaled > Check Show low resolution modes

I'm running dual 38" LG Ultrawides (3840x1600) at full resolution @ 75Hz on both monitors, no problems.

Can you help @flymovies in properly configuring his LG 5K2K? Please see his recent posts.

Hm, I just noticed that my efternal HDD shows as "non-removeable" (I don't see eject button in Finder, but I can eject it manually). Is that because I was too lazy to make my board-spcific USB kext, or I need to apply some other fix? :D

EDIT:
And one more thing - yesterday I lost three hours trying to "fix" displayport connection to my two monitors... After two hours I realised that brand new cables were the problem. As soon as I found my old original DP cables that came with monitors - it worked. Cables even made my MB stop at debug code 92 (PCI initialization). So beware (imagine resetting BIOS settings, changing cables in every possible combination)... New ones were thin and old ones that are working seem thicker... I don't know if there are different standards or something.

I am almost ready to ZIP my EFI and SSDTs for someone having X299 SAGE /10G board, to save someones time, but the only thing I didn't do is USB kext (I will make it in coming weeks) and sleep is not working only when connecting two monitors via DP. Anybody has some ideas about the sleep problem?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back