Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it seems that the IOREG.save is already obtained with a working SSDT-X299-Vega.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPU/patched/, isn't it?

Your RX580 has 5 ports?

Thus, what should I do exactly?
Not sure I understood :/ the SSDT-X299-Vega.aml does not work when used in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPU/patched/ It actually prevent the whole system from going to sleep. Without it the system goes to sleep but wakes w black screen. I wondered if there's any modif I need to apply on the SSDT-X299-Vega.aml to recognize the RX580 SE ( 5 ports )?

Not sure I understood :/ the SSDT-X299-Vega.aml does not work when used in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPU/patched/ It actually prevent the whole system from going to sleep. Without it the system goes to sleep but wakes w black screen. I wondered if there's any modif I need to apply on the SSDT-X299-Vega.aml to recognize the RX580 SE ( 5 ports )?

The RX580 SE seems fully implemented, at least based on your IOREG. GFX0, 5 display ports and 3 monitors connected!

Screenshot 2018-10-07 at 00.15.18.png

Please upload your SSDT-X299-Vega.aml and a "PCI" screenshot of Apple's system report with the SSDT-X299-Vega.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/. Once more, from your IOREG it seems that SSDT-X299-Vega.aml is properly loaded and fully implemented. How can you say that the SSDT-X299-Vega.aml does not work when used in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ ??????

Then please also upload an IOREG.save without the SSDT-X299-Vega.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/. Or did you save the IOREG above without any SSDT-X299-Vega.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/????

I generally dislike run-off-the-mill comments like "the SSDT-X299-Vega.aml does not work when used in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/" and then in fact there is just a sleep/wake issue but else the SSDT-X299-Vega.aml appears fully working and also properly implemented.. BTW.. why do you speak about 1 monitor when in fact 3 monitors are connected? Does sleep/wake work with just one monitor connected? :rolleyes:

My friend, do you see why bug reports like yours are not helpful but simply confusing? Please be precise in your statements and try to provide complete and correct information.

Therefore, please:

1.) Upload your EFI-Folder
2.) Upload your SSDT-X299-Vega.aml
3.) Upload a "PCI" snapshot and an IOREG.save without SSDT-X299-Vega.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
4.) Upload a "PCI" snapshot and an IOREG.save with SSDT-X299-Vega.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

Then let's continue our investigation. ;)

Last edited:
The RX580 SE seems fully implemented, at least based on your IOREG. GFX0, 5 display ports and 3 monitors connected!

View attachment 355856

Please upload your SSDT-X299-Vega.aml and a "PCI" screenshot of Apple's system report with the SSDT-X299-Vega.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/. Once more, from your IOREG it seems that SSDT-X299-Vega.aml is properly loaded and fully implemented. How can you say that the SSDT-X299-Vega.aml does not work when used in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ ??????

Then please also upload an IOREG.save without the SSDT-X299-Vega.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/. Or did you save the IOREG above without any SSDT-X299-Vega.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/????

I generally dislike run-off-the-mill comments like "the SSDT-X299-Vega.aml does not work when used in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/" and then in fact there is just a sleep/wake issue but else the SSDT-X299-Vega.aml appears fully working and also properly implemented.. BTW.. why do you speak about 1 monitor when in fact 3 monitors are connected? Does sleep/wake work with just one monitor connected? :rolleyes:

My friend, do you see why bug reports like yours are not helpful but simply confusing? Please be precise in your statements and try to provide complete and correct information.

Therefore, please:

1.) Upload your EFI-Folder
2.) Upload your SSDT-X299-Vega.aml
3.) Upload a "PCI" snapshot and an IOREG.save without SSDT-X299-Vega.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
4.) Upload a "PCI" snapshot and an IOREG.save with SSDT-X299-Vega.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

Then let's continue our investigation. ;)
Don't be impatient my friend, ;) I was reviewing my possible errors and reading again your post on how to successfully implement/adopt a PCI device implementation (ACPI Replacements/SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml)
Attached are the files requested ( Serial removed from the config ) .I also added a third IOREG screenshot with an empty ACPI/PATCHED Folder. ( Rebooted every time ). I reaffirm that with your SSDT-X299-Vega.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ the system fail in going to sleep. Without it , it wakes with black screen. Now, I'n not trying to find excuses at any point, I'm still learning everyday about hackintoshes ( my very first build was 5 months ago )..I have not grasp yet all aspects of the ACPI replacements thru MacIasl. ( . I consider finding solutions always more rewarding than asking for help, but I'm afraid I'm hitting a wall right now ). As always, this community and your guide have been a pillar in my build. Thank you in advance.
PS : I created the USB kext implementation based on your guide for my mobo ( not sure yet if it is fully functional )
PS2: I have regularly al least 3 monitorS connected but I also tried the sleep issue with 1 monitor in all config ( DP/HDMI/DVI-D) - I tried to troubleshoot and to locate the issue with all configurations I could ( Different monitor(s), whatevergreen versions, etc.. ) I'll be happy to try any other suggestions I might not have tought of.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    62.9 MB · Views: 179
  • Ellybz IOREG 10-6-6H23PM.ioreg
    16.6 MB · Views: 70
  • Ellybz IOREG W VEGA AML.ioreg
    16.5 MB · Views: 56
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 6.22.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 6.22.45 PM.png
    179.4 KB · Views: 121
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 6.22.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 6.22.07 PM.png
    61.9 KB · Views: 106
  • SSDT-X299-Vega.aml
    2.1 KB · Views: 75
  • Screen Shot IOREG W:O VEGA AML.png
    Screen Shot IOREG W:O VEGA AML.png
    124 KB · Views: 90
  • Screen Shot IOREG with VEGA AML.png
    Screen Shot IOREG with VEGA AML.png
    117.6 KB · Views: 80
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 9.12.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 9.12.36 PM.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 89
  • Screen SIOREG w ACPI PATCHED EMPTY.png
    Screen SIOREG w ACPI PATCHED EMPTY.png
    122.1 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Don't be impatient my friend, ;) I was reviewing my possible errors and reading again your post on how to successfully implement/adopt a PCI device implementation (ACPI Replacements/SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml)
Attached are the files requested ( Serial removed from the config ) .I also added a third IOREG screenshot with an empty ACPI/PATCHED Folder. ( Rebooted every time ). I reaffirm that with your SSDT-X299-Vega.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ the system fail in going to sleep. Without it , it wakes with black screen. Now, I'n not trying to find excuses at any point, I'm still learning everyday about hackintoshes ( my very first build was 5 months ago )..I have not grasp yet all aspects of the ACPI replacements thru MacIasl. ( . I consider finding solutions always more rewarding than asking for help, but I'm afraid I'm hitting a wall right now ). As always, this community and your guide have been a pillar in my build. Thank you in advance.
PS : I created the USB kext implementation based on your guide for my mobo ( not sure yet if it is fully functional )
PS2: I have regularly al least 3 monitorS connected but I also tried the sleep issue with 1 monitor in all config ( DP/HDMI/DVI-D) - I tried to troubleshoot and to locate the issue with all configurations I could ( Different monitor(s), whatevergreen versions, etc.. ) I'll be happy to try any other suggestions I might not have tought of.

1.) I asked you to upload "PCI" snapshots with and without SSDT-X299-Vega.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/. I just find one "PCI" snapshot attached above without any further description.

Again: Please upload "PCI" snapshots with and without SSDT-X299-Vega.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ and please explain the meaning of all attached files!

2.) What is the meaning of Ellybz IOREG 10-6-6H23PM.ioreg and Ellybz IOREG W VEGA AML.ioreg? When investigating both files, I do not see any difference!

Please explain the meaning of each file attached!

3.) IOREG savings with and without SSDT-X299-Vega.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ are more than sufficient. I did not ask for GFX0 ACPI snapshots in addition.

4.) I already know about your sleep issues. It is not necessary to explain me one and the same issue repetitively. For now we intent to figure out if you properly adopted SSDT-X299-Vega.aml to your system and if SSDT-X299-Vega.aml is implemented at all during boot. As soon the latter is the case, we will investigate and discuss remaining issues!

5.) Don't switch your GPU from one slot to the other meanwhile we are investigating your issues! This way it is simply impossible to derive any conclusions!

Within the IOREG save you attached in post #10844, your GPU figures in /PC02/BR2C! Now within the IOREG saves attached in post #10850, your GPU suddenly figures in /PC02/BR2A!

The SSDT-X299-Vega.aml you attached above assumes your GPU just under /PC02/BR2A! However, it currently replaces /PC02/BR2A/SL05 by /PC02/BR2A/PEGP, implements an additional PCI-bridge /PC02/BR2A/PEGP/EPG0, which does not exist on your system, and finally adds a new device PC02/BR2A/PEGP/EPG0/GFX0!

That's why your adopted SSDT-X299-Vega.aml currently does not apply at all during boot and simply fails to load!

I rather expect your GPU to be implemented as PC02/BR2A/GFX0! Thus one rather needs to null /PC02/BR2A/SL05 and /PC02/BR2A/PEGP and add a new device PC02/BR2A/GFX0. See new SSDT-X299-RX580.aml attached below how to!

6.) Based on the material delivered in post #10850, I would rather assume that your adaptations of SSDT-X299-Vega.aml do not work at all and are not applied during boot. It rather seems that your actual GFX0 and HDAU implementations are fully performed by Whatevergreen.kext only!

Thus, let's start from scratch and do the following:

I.) Please remove Whatevergreen.kext from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. We need to derive your original ACPI configuration, which supposedly should be something like /PC02/BR2A/SL05/display@0!

See your former screenshot in post #10844, apparently for some Firewire controller in comparison!

Screenshot 2018-10-07 at 08.03.19.png

No idea how you derive /PC02/BR2A/GFX0 and /PC02/BR2A/HDAU in your current IROEG saves attached to post #10850. I guess this is done by Whatevergreen.kext and not by SSDT-X299-Vega.aml!

II.) Upload a "PCI" snapshot and an IOREG.save without your SSDT-X299-Vega.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

III.) Upload a "PCI" snapshot and an IOREG.save with your SSDT-X299-Vega.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

IV.) Upload a "PCI" snapshot and an IOREG.save with the new SSDT-X299-RX580.aml attached below in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/. Note that SSDT-X299-RX580.aml is just my personal guess, as it is impossible to derive a properly implemented GPU-SSDT based on your current IOREG savings. However, if we are lucky, it will work straight away.

During this investigation, please remain with your GPU in the same PCIe Slot!

Also please explain the meaning of each file attached!

V.) The USB kext is a totally different topic. There is no place for it in the ongoing GPU discussion! If you want to add this topic at a later step, your are welcome! However, I am not a visionary, and I will not be able to derive whether or not your USB kext implementations is correct as I don't know your mainboard. Only you are able to test and derive whether or not with current USB ACPI configuration all your USB2.0 and USB3.0 ports are functional.. In any case, 10 SS-ports look more than suspicious to me.

It is now 8:35 a.m. here in Berlin. I will be off the entire day and have another look to your hopefully new results this night.

Cheers,

KGP

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-RX580.aml.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
1.) I asked you to upload "PCI" snapshots with and without SSDT-X299-Vega.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/. I just find one "PCI" snapshot attached above without any further description.

Again: Please upload "PCI" snapshots with and without SSDT-X299-Vega.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ and please explain the meaning of all attached files!

2.) What is the meaning of Ellybz IOREG 10-6-6H23PM.ioreg and Ellybz IOREG W VEGA AML.ioreg? When investigating both files, I do not see any difference!

3.) IOREG savings with and without SSDT-X299-Vega.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ are more than sufficient. I did not ask for GFX0 ACPI snapshots in addition.

4.) I already know about your sleep issues. It is not necessary to explain me one and the same issue repetitively. For now we intent to figure out if you properly adopted SSDT-X299-Vega.aml to your system and if SSDT-X299-Vega.aml is implemented at all during boot. As soon the latter is the case, we will investigate and discuss remaining issues!

5.) Don't switch your GPU from one slot to the other meanwhile we are investigating your issues! This way it is simply impossible to derive any conclusions!

Within the IOREG save you attached in post #10844, your GPU figures in /PC02/BR2C! Now within the IOREG saves attached in post #10850, your GPU suddenly figures in /PC02/BR2A!

The SSDT-X299-Vega.aml you attached above assumes your GPU just under /PC02/BR2A! However, it currently replaces /PC02/BR2A/SL05 by /PC02/BR2A/PEGP, implements an additional PCI-bridge /PC02/BR2A/PEGP/EPG0, which does not exist on your system, and finally adds a new device PC02/BR2A/PEGP/EPG0/GFX0!

That's why your adopted SSDT-X299-Vega.aml currently does not apply at all during boot and simply fails to load!

I rather expect your GPU to be implemented as PC02/BR2A/GFX0! Thus one rather needs to null /PC02/BR2A/SL05 and /PC02/BR2A/PEGP and add a new device PC02/BR2A/GFX0. See new SSDT-X299-RX580.aml attached below how to!

6.) Based on the material delivered in post #10850, I would rather assume that your adaptations of SSDT-X299-Vega.aml do not work at all and are not applied during boot. It rather seems that your actual GFX0 and HDAU implementations are fully performed by Whatevergreen.kext only!

I.) Please remove Whatevergreen.kext from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. We need to derive your original ACPI configuration, which supposedly should be something like /PC02/BR2A/SL05/display@0!

See your former screenshot in post #10844, apparently for some Firewire controller in comparison!

View attachment 355928

No idea how you derive /PC02/BR2A/GFX0 and /PC02/BR2A/HDAU in your current IROEG saves attached to post #10850. I guess this is done by Whatevergreen.kext and not by SSDT-X299-Vega.aml!

II.) Upload a "PCI" snapshot and an IOREG.save without your SSDT-X299-Vega.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

III.) Upload a "PCI" snapshot and an IOREG.save with your SSDT-X299-Vega.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

IV.) Upload a "PCI" snapshot and an IOREG.save with the new SSDT-X299-RX580.aml attached below in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/. Note that SSDT-X299-RX580.aml is just my personal guess, as it is impossible to derive a properly implemented GPU-SSDT based on your current IOREG savings. However, if we are lucky, it will work straight away.

V.) The USB kext is a totally different topic. There is no place for it in the ongoing GPU discussion! If you want to add this topic at a later step, your are welcome! However, I am not a visionary, and I will not be able to derive whether or not your USB kext implementations is correct as I don't know your mainboard. Only you are able to test and derive whether or not with current USB ACPI configuration all your USB2.0 and USB3.0 ports are functional.. In any case, 10 SS-ports look more than suspicious to me.

It is now 8:35 a.m. here in Berlin. I will be off the entire day and have another look to your hopefully new results this night.

Cheers,

KGP
Will do first thing in the morning after a good sleep. Pretty late here on the west coast. Thanks

View attachment 355928

Cheers,

KGP

Thanks Kgp :

Works fine :all appears ok !

Capture d’écran 2018-10-07 à 10.38.54.png

Last edited:
Then buy and try and let is know if it works.. ;):headbang::lol:

I will rather wait for a Titan Ridge 5K2K UWHD display with an additional DP1.4 port.

The upcoming LG 34WK95U-W 5k2K is a powerful monitor and for me the first WUHD 21/9 monitor :

Great resolution 5120 x 2160 with 11 059 200 pixels and 163 PPi. :thumbup:

View attachment 355928

Cheers,

KGP
Can’t sleep - Here are the files requested ( Without whatevergreen ) / 3 monitors connected. Except for Test D1/D2 ( Only 1 HDMI )
A1 = IOREG with VEGA AML
A2 = PCI SCREENSHOT with VEGA AML

B1 = IOREG ( Without VEGA AML )
B2 = PCI SCREENSHOT ( Without VEGA AML )

C1 = IOREG with RX580 AML
C2 = PCI SCREENSHOT with RX580 AML

Optional A:
D1 = IOREG with RX580 AML ( with only 1 HDMI monitor attached )
D2 = PCI SCREENSHOT with RX580 AML

Optional B:
E1 = IOREG with RX580 AML & whatevergreen kext
E2 = PCI SCREENSHOT with RX580 AML & whatevergreen kext

In all configurations A, B, C ( without whatevergreen kext )
-> Display ports are not working/ recognized ( 2 out of 3 monitors ) are functional : HDMI + DVI D
-> Black screen after wake from sleep.

===
On previous comment . My GPU has alway been located on PCI 1 / Never tried another slot. I had a firewire Controller EEE1394 with I removed for all the present tests. ( Was present in a previous IOREG )

It seems that your RX580 AML was properly adjusted in PCI names nomenclature. Thank you.:headbang:

Ps : On you question 2.) What is the meaning of Ellybz IOREG 10-6-6H23PM.ioreg and Ellybz IOREG W VEGA AML.ioreg? When investigating both files, I do not see any difference!’
Ellybz IOREG 10-6-6H23PM.ioreg = Without Vega AML /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
Ellybz IOREG W VEGA AML.ioreg = WithVega AML /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

The new nomenclature should be easier to understand. Let me know if you need anything else.
Going to sleep now. I hopefully did not miss anything on what you asked. Brain is bit tired.

Attachments

• A1.ioreg
    16.4 MB · Views: 65
  • A2.png
    A2.png
    139.9 KB · Views: 105
  • B1.ioreg
    16.4 MB · Views: 74
  • B2.png
    B2.png
    108.2 KB · Views: 106
  • C1.ioreg
    16.4 MB · Views: 73
  • C2.png
    C2.png
    119.2 KB · Views: 107
  • D1.ioreg
    16.4 MB · Views: 90
  • D2.png
    D2.png
    146.1 KB · Views: 103
  • E1.ioreg
    16.5 MB · Views: 84
  • E2.png
    E2.png
    119.8 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Can’t sleep - Here are the files requested ( Without whatevergreen ) / 3 monitors connected. Except for Test D1/D2 ( Only 1 HDMI )
A1 = IOREG with VEGA AML
A2 = PCI SCREENSHOT with VEGA AML

B1 = IOREG ( Without VEGA AML )
B2 = PCI SCREENSHOT ( Without VEGA AML )

C1 = IOREG with RX580 AML
C2 = PCI SCREENSHOT with RX580 AML

Optional A:
D1 = IOREG with RX580 AML ( with only 1 HDMI monitor attached )
D2 = PCI SCREENSHOT with RX580 AML

Optional B:
E1 = IOREG with RX580 AML & whatevergreen kext
E2 = PCI SCREENSHOT with RX580 AML & whatevergreen kext

In all configurations A, B, C ( without whatevergreen kext )
-> Display ports are not working/ recognized ( 2 out of 3 monitors ) are functional : HDMI + DVI D
-> Black screen after wake from sleep.

===
On previous comment . My GPU has alway been located on PCI 1 / Never tried another slot. I had a firewire Controller EEE1394 with I removed for all the present tests. ( Was present in a previous IOREG )

It seems that your RX580 AML was properly adjusted in PCI names nomenclature. Thank you.:headbang:

Ps : On you question 2.) What is the meaning of Ellybz IOREG 10-6-6H23PM.ioreg and Ellybz IOREG W VEGA AML.ioreg? When investigating both files, I do not see any difference!’
Ellybz IOREG 10-6-6H23PM.ioreg = Without Vega AML /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
Ellybz IOREG W VEGA AML.ioreg = WithVega AML /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

The new nomenclature should be easier to understand. Let me know if you need anything else.
Going to sleep now. I hopefully did not miss anything on what you asked. Brain is bit tired.

In all your PCI snapshots above HDEF is missing, which has dependencies with GFX0 and HDAU.

Remove "CAVS to HDEF" ACPI replacement from config.plist (already done in the revised config.plist attached below), upload a new "PCI" snapshot and report back with a new status report concerning system functionality.

BTW.. Do you really need to check "KernelPM" and enable the "xcpm_core_scope_msrs" kernel patch in your config.plist? Your Gigabyte mainboard should have unlocked MSR register!

Also disable DP/HDMI patch and likely also F1/F2 Key patches!

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 57
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back