Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Loloflatsix Explain more when you say PCI Devices as legacy? Do you mean Skip PCI OptionRom is set to disable?

Attached you will find my PCI Devices screenshot with the System Info with SSDT-TB3-X299-Lolo.aml loaded

Sorry for my late response but I wasn't connected those past days :

Attachments

• PCi devives legacy.jpg
    PCi devives legacy.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 91
Hi @pieropontra

I found in my scripts that I had almost the same error before myself.
In my case it was stupid me accidentally deleting AptioMemoryFix from my drivers folder.
As I can see you have it in yours, I am wondering if we are really booting from the right EFI partition.

Can you check if the EFI partition on your HD / SSD is empty?

All the Best
Frank
AptioMemoryFix seems to be the problem, I'm now using OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and slide=0 boot argument and it seems to work. Now I'm stuck with audio... AppleALC-kext doesn't work

Thanks mate.

Hi Folks

after testing all afternoon now:
I can't convince AppleALC to even see my ALC1220 codec

CAVS->HDEF is working and in ioregistry it shows the beast with the right device id 0xa2f0
subsystem vendor-id is 0x1849 and device-id is 0x1220
revision-id is 0x0000

Interestingly VoodooHDA has no Problem to see it. Stubborn as I am still I want AppleALC to work with it...
Has any one of you an idea what I might miss?

All the Best
Frank

AptioMemoryFix seems to be the problem, I'm now using OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and slide=0 boot argument and it seems to work. Now I'm stuck with audio... AppleALC-kext doesn't work

Thanks mate.

Hi @pieropontra

Glad you found it!
AppleALC usually is pretty reliable (even though I am also a little struggling with it at this moment).
Which Codec do you have on your Board? Do you have the CAVS->HDEF rename working?

All the Best
Frank

Hi Folks

after testing all afternoon now:
I can't convince AppleALC to even see my ALC1220 codec

CAVS->HDEF is working and in ioregistry it shows the beast with the right device id 0xa2f0
subsystem vendor-id is 0x1849 and device-id is 0x1220
revision-id is 0x0000

Interestingly VoodooHDA has no Problem to see it. Stubborn as I am still I want AppleALC to work with it...
Has any one of you an idea what I might miss?

All the Best
Frank

Hi Folks

got a step further with the latest revisions of AppleALC and Lilu. Now the driver loads but Audio will not show any devices in sysprefs.
With the debug versions of Lilu and AppleALC I find the following:
kernel[0]: (kernel) Lilu: iokit @ (DBG) failed to find AppleHDA8086_9D70Controller
kernel[0]: (kernel) AppleALC: alc @ (DBG) found unsupported Realtek ALC1220 codec revision 0x100101
kernel[0]: (kernel) AppleALC: alc @ (DBG) failed to find a suitable codec, we have nothing to do

I am wondering how to convince AppleALC to work with my ALC1220?
Can some body help me ?

All the Best
Frank

Yep just download ioregistry explorer in the first post and open the app and save the file. And yes the whole efi folder. If you put in a serial number like in step d.1 of the guide make sure to remove that using clover configurater before uploading.

Attached IOReg and EFI.

Attachments

• Imac pro IOReg.ioreg
    23.7 MB · Views: 107
  • EFI.zip
    31.1 MB · Views: 83
Attached IOReg and EFI.

Took a look at your efi folder and think it could be cleaned up a little
  1. Your profile says that you have a 7940X but in TSCAdjust.kext you have IOCPUNumber to 19? Shouldn't this be 27? (28 threads -1) If you're using a 7900x ignore this.
  2. Did you make a XHCI.kext for the sage? or just copy it from the X299 Deluxe on post 1. If you just copied it you can remove "KGP-iMacPro-XHCI.kext" from kexts/others because it's only valid for the X299 Deluxe. If you're on 10.13.6 you'll need to update your XHC Usb Port limit patch (Section E.4)
  3. I don't think you need SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE.kext? the SAGE uses Intel-210 and both ethernet ports show up under 'Ethernet Cards'.
  4. I'm assuming you're using RealtekALC but you have both VoodooHDA and realtek so you can remove one or the other depending on what you're using.
  5. You'll probably need Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixUp.kext in kexts/others. It'll get your audio working from Displayports.

The PCI implementation can be a bit intimidating at first but if you implement one device at a time it'll be easier to debug. I've attached my SSDT for all the onboard stuff and should work if you put it under acipi/patched. The device paths on the Sage are different for some of the devices so these have been updated. You can use IOReg, section E.9.2, my SSDT with MacAsl to see where each device is.

Hopefully this helps!

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml
    4.3 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Took a look at your efi folder and think it could be cleaned up a little
  1. Your profile says that you have a 7940X but in TSCAdjust.kext you have IOCPUNumber to 19? Shouldn't this be 27? (28 threads -1) If you're using a 7900x ignore this.
  2. Did you make a XHCI.kext for the sage? or just copy it from the X299 Deluxe on post 1. If you just copied it you can remove "KGP-iMacPro-XHCI.kext" from kexts/others because it's only valid for the X299 Deluxe. If you're on 10.13.6 you'll need to update your XHC Usb Port limit patch (Section E.4)
  3. I don't think you need SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE.kext? the SAGE uses Intel-210 and both ethernet ports show up under 'Ethernet Cards'.
  4. I'm assuming you're using RealtekALC but you have both VoodooHDA and realtek so you can remove one or the other depending on what you're using.
  5. You'll probably need Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixUp.kext in kexts/others. It'll get your audio working from Displayports.

The PCI implementation can be a bit intimidating at first but if you implement one device at a time it'll be easier to debug. I've attached my SSDT for all the onboard stuff and should work if you put it under acipi/patched. The device paths on the Sage are different for some of the devices so these have been updated. You can use IOReg, section E.9.2, my SSDT with MacAsl to see where each device is.

Hopefully this helps!

1. I will create a new TSCAdjust.kext now for the 7940x or How can I fix the one i already made?
2. I did copied and will delete it. How can i create one?
3. I will delete SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE.kext
4. Which audio driver are you using?
5. How i can get both kext so i can just dropped them in kext/others Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixUp.kext, cause when i click it send me here: https://github.com/acidanthera/Lilu and https://github.com/lvs1974/NvidiaGraphicsFixup

Thanks for the SSDT, will add it now. :clap::headbang:

[QUOTE="djlild7hina, [/QUOTE]

Btw, does your app store works??

1. I will create a new TSCAdjust.kext now for the 7940x or How can I fix the one i already made?
2. I did copied and will delete it. How can i create one?
3. I will delete SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE.kext
4. Which audio driver are you using?
5. How i can get both kext so i can just dropped them in kext/others Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixUp.kext, cause when i click it send me here: https://github.com/acidanthera/Lilu and https://github.com/lvs1974/NvidiaGraphicsFixup

Thanks for the SSDT, will add it now. :clap::headbang:

1. I believe you can just edit it in section C.7 where you edit the info.plist when you right click TSCAdjustRest.kext and show packet contents""
2. Haven't attempted this so I just use port limit patch. My usb ports seem to be working
4. AppleAlc.kext with Lilu.kext Section E.3.1. Remember to remove the drivers you aren't using. The guide shows you how to correctly remove them.
5. Go to the releases tab and download the latest release Lilu 1.2.4.Release.zip, NvidiaGraphicsFixup 1.2.7.Release.zip. Extract the zips and place the kext in kexts/others

Good luck! Your pci devices should show up properly with the SSDT.

Btw, does your app store works??

Yes, Handoff, Imessages, Facetime, etc also work. Section D.1.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back