Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@taylorsyn, your profile shows a Aorus Gaming 7... How it comes that you are testing the Designare EX version of the TB-AML files?
The Gaming 7 with the TB card is almost identical to the Designare.

The following SSDT gave me full TB hotplug and working USB-C (with hotplug), that was with the TB cards in slot 3 I believe (though my memory on the matter is a bit fuzzy now, may need adjustment)

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3.aml
    682 bytes · Views: 119
The Gaming 7 with the TB card is almost identical to the Designare.

The following SSDT gave me full TB hotplug and working USB-C (with hotplug), that was with the TB cards in slot 3 I believe (though my memory on the matter is a bit fuzzy now, may need adjustment)

Yes but the ACPI path might be wrong when using SSDT-X299-TB3-iMacPro-Designary.aml and SSDT-X299-TB3-RP05-XHC5-HPME-Designare.aml with the Gaming 7!

It is supposed that @taylorsyn should use SSDT-X299-TB3-iMacPro-GB.aml and SSDT-X299-TB3-RP21-XHC5-HPME-GB.aml instead!

He even confirms that nothing shows up under 'PCI'!

@Rulebreaker01, we already know about all your previous success and we also know the SSDT-TB3.aml of @maleorderbride... but you are definitely wrong if you think that SSDT-X299-TB3-iMacPro-Designary.aml and SSDT-X299-TB3-RP05-XHC5-HPME-Designare.aml should work with the Gaming 7 without any modification!

I try to help people to properly run the recently distributed individual TB-SSDT distributions.. Seems nobody is able to do so..

Thus, your repetitive comments are really rather disturbing than helpful in any sense..

What for I do all the work and distribute mainboard specific TB-SSDTs, if people are not even able to choose the adequate SSDTs for their particular mainboard and make weird comments in consequence?

@taylorsyn, please inspect and upload your IOREG... Your TB ACPI implementation MUST look like shown in post #9169 after properly adopting and implementing SSDT-X299-TB3-iMacPro-GB.aml and SSDT-X299-TB3-RP21-XHC5-HPME-GB.aml once more attached below!

Thus please, to all of you! Please stop distributing prose like "not working", "not working", "not working".. without facts. Try to provide bug reports.... Upload your EFI-Folders and BIOS settings and show your IOREG and 'PCI' snapshots to demonstrate that the TB-SSDT files are properly implemented before distributing unqualified and misleading comments.

Thanks in advance,

kgp.png

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-TB3-iMacPro-GB.aml
    7.7 KB · Views: 89
  • SSDT-X299-TB3-RP21-XHC5-HPME-GB.aml
    749 bytes · Views: 79
Last edited:
Hi KGP

After updated to 10.13.6, the speed of USB3.0 become 480m from 5G. we should add this code to KextsToPatch to fix the USB speed issue.

Code:
Name*
com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI

Find*[Hex]
837D880F 0F83A704

Replace* [Hex]
837D881B 0F83A704

Comment
USB Speed Fix 10.13.6

Yes but the ACPI path might be wrong when using SSDT-X299-TB3-iMacPro-Designary.aml and SSDT-X299-TB3-RP05-XHC5-HPME-Designare.aml with the Gaming 7!
@Rulebreaker01, we already know about all your previous success and we also know the SSDT-TB3.aml of @maleorderbride... but you are definitely wrong if you think that SSDT-X299-TB3-iMacPro-Designary.aml and SSDT-X299-TB3-RP05-XHC5-HPME-Designare.aml should work with the Gaming 7 without any modification!

I have never once said that those SSDT would work without modifications.

Well, I've had that motherboard and got it working perfectly (both TB3 and USB-C). Have you?
I have already provided the full EFI folder for that motherboard in the past (as I've done for all the motherboards I've played with and got working)... I re-attach it again, it may be a bit out of date and not contains the latest kernel extensions.

Plugging SSDT code out of no-where, using undocumented methods isn't very re-assuring. Methods and devices you yourself admitted know nothing about : to all those questions you forwarded to someone else.

The Designare or Gaming 7 Pro requires almost zero changes to the DSDT or SSDT other than the USB limit patch and TB hotplug: as I've said before it's all cosmetic to get stuff listed in the PCI screen... In practicality, there's no difference whatsoever.

You admit no criticism or comments of any kinds and always take things personally, getting "offended" in the process complaining people are insulting whenever they dare to ask questions..

Chill out, relax... Maybe it's your lack of sleep making you so edgy.

Attachments

• Gigabyte-Gaming-7-Pro-EFI.zip
    36.1 MB · Views: 143
Hi KGP

After updated to 10.13.6, the speed of USB3.0 become 480m from 5G. we should add this code to KextsToPatch to fix the USB speed issue.

Code:
Name*
com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI

Find*[Hex]
837D880F 0F83A704

Replace* [Hex]
837D881B 0F83A704

Comment
USB Speed Fix 10.13.6

That's weird, I don't have that patch, but the few USB 3.0 device I have attached are definitely running at 5G speed:

Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 11.35.36 am.png

I have never once said that those SSDT would work without modifications.

Well, I've had that motherboard and got it working perfectly (both TB3 and USB-C). Have you?
I have already provided the full EFI folder for that motherboard in the past (as I've done for all the motherboards I've played with and got working)... I re-attach it again, it may be a bit out of date and not contains the latest kernel extensions.

Plugging SSDT code out of no-where, using undocumented methods isn't very re-assuring. Methods and devices you yourself admitted know nothing about : to all those questions you forwarded to someone else.

The Designare or Gaming 7 Pro requires almost zero changes to the DSDT or SSDT other than the USB limit patch and TB hotplug: as I've said before it's all cosmetic to get stuff listed in the PCI screen... In practicality, there's no difference whatsoever.

You admit no criticism or comments of any kinds and always take things personally, getting "offended" in the process complaining people are insulting whenever they dare to ask questions..

Chill out, relax... Maybe it's your lack of sleep making you so edgy.

Seems that you are not able to listen and even read what I write ...

What for you distribute now your Gaming-7 EFI-Folder if I want to test my new TB-SSDTs, which apparently are not properly applied by the users?

I am fed up with your insults.. I know where my SSDT implementation is from and that's not plugging SSDT code out of nowhere! Have a look to SSDT-9.aml of the iMacPro dump! o_O..

Is there any documentation or base that justifies the rudimentary hot plug injector SSDT (see in particular DSB1 and DSB4 implementation) you are using and promoting all over the months, where hot plug obviously can also be achieved by a simple 4 lines entry in the config.plist, which also derivates from SSDT-9.aml?

Please, can I just do my work and communicate with others along my thread without permanently receiving your awful and disturbing comments? You are not just permanently offending and questioning my work here in public but also the work of many others, e.g. the work of @nmano or @apfelnico, which is part of the distributed TB SSDTs.. On the other side you are just a user (although I admit likely one of the most experienced users) without any own TB SSDT development..

I can easily admit critics if justified and I am very willing to help people along their problems to get things properly done.. This states in particular for the TB development, where FEEDBACK and COLLABORATION are deemed necessary and many things likely remain to be done or improved. But I am tired to deal with your kind of Egomania and self-promotion, which honestly just disturbs my work.

This is not the first time that we two crash against each other along this thread, which is not at all my intention but unfortunately a fact..

Thanks in advance for your understanding,

KGP

Last edited:
Thanks for the info @flmmkr. I'm going to look into delidding (am a little wary about voiding the warranty and also having trouble reselling it if delidded - have to research that). Also going to check out how 7900x processors compare heat-wise with the 7940x. And other cooling options.

@flmmkr @garbage914 hmm... I've heard that 105C for an i7 is normal under load and that intel chips protect themselves... so not sure what info is correct and right at this stage...

@flmmkr @garbage914 hmm... I've heard that 105C for an i7 is normal under load and that intel chips protect themselves... so not sure what info is correct and right at this stage...

105C is simply a no go for any CPU (upper limit. of specifications for Skylake-X). Any CPU will start to throttle to protect itself, which will heavily affect the all over system performance ...

Is there any documentation or base that justifies the rudimentary injector SSDT (see in particular DSB1 and DSB4 implementation) you are using and promoting all over the months?

Well, yes, it works :)

I'm convinced that the only thing enabling TB3, has proven by all the users that got it working on insanelymac or here, is that enabling a property, and setting the devices is all that's needed. Not the actual methods.

Copying unmodified code from one machine to another incompatible one, rarely works.. There are plenty of methods and devices called on that SSDT that just do not exist in the ACPI Asus implementation (or any AMI based BIOS machines). You just can't take the firmware of one board to work on another...

But I'm happy to test your changes, I've adapted every single one of your SSDT on various motherboards and tested them and reporting how it worked, or if it made no difference. Each time, I posted the port in case someone used the same board as I have.
You get upset when I report that it makes no difference.

I even started to adapt the Vega SSDT you asked me to try earlier asking if the Vega fixup kernel was still required.... Do you still want me to do so?

PS: You should look up at the definition of what an insult is... At no time did I do such thing

It is supposed that @taylorsyn should use SSDT-X299-TB3-iMacPro-GB.aml and SSDT-X299-TB3-RP21-XHC5-HPME-GB.aml instead!

He even confirms that nothing shows up under 'PCI'!

I try to help people to properly run the recently distributed individual TB-SSDT distributions.. Seems nobody is able to do so..

Thus, your repetitive comments are really rather disturbing than helpful in any sense..

What for I do all the work and distribute mainboard specific TB-SSDTs, if people are not even able to choose the adequate SSDTs for their particular mainboard and make weird comments in consequence?

@taylorsyn, please inspect and upload your IOREG... Your TB ACPI implementation MUST look like shown in post #9169 after properly adopting and implementing SSDT-X299-TB3-iMacPro-GB.aml and SSDT-X299-TB3-RP21-XHC5-HPME-GB.aml once more attached below!

Thus please, to all of you! Please stop distributing prose like "not working", "not working", "not working".. without facts. Try to provide bug reports.... Upload your EFI-Folders and BIOS settings and show your IOREG and 'PCI' snapshots to demonstrate that the TB-SSDT files are properly implemented before distributing unqualified and misleading comments.

Thanks in advance,

View attachment 340479

Is there anything that would work/be a good start for fixing the 2 builtin TB3 ports on my Z170x-UD5-TH? What would need to be adapted? I've already patched everything with a bunch of small SSDT's, except for TB.
Thanks for any insights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back