Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
More on Thunderbolt 3, Titan Ridge is already here.

Mcity

I have a question...pls don't kill me!

I tried to adapt the SSDT available here to define and implement a 100/200/300 Core platform, so not a X299 one.
But even though I updated the PCI addresses of the peripheral I was never able to see those SSDT loaded and show up in System info and IOREG.
Do the Core platform have different grammar when writing a SSDT?
Thanks

I guess, after inspecting your IOREG screenshot I guess you can directly use SSDT-X299-TB3-iMacPro-Lolo.aml or SSDT-X299-TB3-iMacPro-Gigbyte.aml without any further adaptations.

Unfortunately, none of the above are working ...

I have a question...pls don't kill me!

I tried to adapt the SSDT available here to define and implement a 100/200/300 Core platform, so not a X299 one.
But even though I updated the PCI addresses of the peripheral I was never able to see those SSDT loaded and show up in System info and IOREG.
Do the Core platform have different grammar when writing a SSDT?
Thanks

No

@kgp are both your TB ports working on your GB Alpine Ridge card?

I am on the same Asus Prime MoBo as you. The Asus TBEX card worked great but I needed additional ports so I replaced the Asus TBEX in slot 4 with the GB Alpine Ridge (rev 2). Thunderbolt Port 1 works as expected but Thunderbolt Port 2 does not respond at all (even in windows). I think it may be a defective card but wanted to double check and see if both TB3 ports work on your Asus MoBo with the GB Alpine Ridge TB card.

Amazing guide, thank you for taking the time to create and update it.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that. This means Asrock TB 3 AIC is a no go with Raid system like Pegasus or even Areca. Any chance GB Alpine Ridge TB 3 works with Asrock X299 MB.
I have yet to make a decision buying TB 3 AIC.
Mcity
I don't believe for a second that it will be any different with a different TB 3 card. From what I've seen so far, what TB card you used it completely irrelevant, they all work the same.

The Pegasus2 also works just fine on that same box, it's just the Pegasus3.

The P3 works fine under macOS too, just not under windows.

In any case, it was way too noisy for me to keep it. The mainboard always ran around 80+ degres and the fan was running over 1900rpm.

Since I've moved to using 2x4TB RAID1 directly connected via SATA... performance isn't as good, though latency appears much better.
And I can't hear the disk now :)

@kgp are both your TB ports working on your GB Alpine Ridge card?

I am on the same Asus Prime MoBo as you. The Asus TBEX card worked great but I needed additional ports so I replaced the Asus TBEX in slot 4 with the GB Alpine Ridge (rev 2). Thunderbolt Port 1 works as expected but Thunderbolt Port 2 does not respond at all (even in windows). I think it may be a defective card but wanted to double check and see if both TB3 ports work on your Asus MoBo with the GB Alpine Ridge TB card.

Amazing guide, thank you for taking the time to create and update it.

Hi Zephlon,

Both ports of the Alpine Ridge are working.. guess you should ask for replacement.

Good luck, man!

Hi Zephlon,

Both ports of the Alpine Ridge are working.. guess you should ask for replacement.

Good luck, man!

Great to hear @kgp, then its a simple fix. Thank your for the quick reply.

Side thought, in the mean time I have been trying to play around with using both cards, Alpine Ridge in Slot 3 and Asus TBEX in Slot 4, but can't seem to get it work through the SSDT. Think this is possible? There is not a way to select two PCI lanes for TB in the BIOS so that may be the limiting factor. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back