Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext" is unchanged, plus the "AGPMEnabler.kext" in Clover.
Inspired by the iMacPro and Toleda, actually no big deal.
No "device-id", no "vendor-id", just graphics card is "GFX0" in "Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94" (iMac Pro).

So what do I have to change for it ?
I build a X299 Hackintosh with an Gigabyte X299 Designare EX and 2x Vega 64.
If I try to use your kext which should work on my build since you use the same gpu, it doesn't do that.

I've attached some pictures from ioreg.

Cheers and thanks in advance!

1.png
2.png

I am using my own XHC USB kext for the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe. Absolutely no issue with that. USB power is fixed with USBX device implementation. Port limit patch is applied in config.plist.

Only issue. USB devices get ejected during sleep but reconnect on wake.

I don't know which XHC USB approach you are using, but I guess you did not follow my XHC USB kext creation guideline to create a board specific XHC USB kext for your Designare EX. I don't know to which point you are else following my USB guide lines.

Therefore, for me it is nearly impossible to give you help or advice in this situation, my friend.

Good luck anyway,

KGP

Have you tried BT audio devices like a headphone?

I use the USB XHC kext method.

Have you tried BT audio devices like a headphone?

I use the USB XHC kext method.

But as far I know, you followed the kext guide of Rehabman .. Thus he might better help you in this case...

I can connect my monitor via BT.. Absolutely no issues.. Maybe try different headphones?

But as far I know, you followed the kext guide of Rehabman .. Thus he might better help you in this case...

I can connect my monitor via BT.. Absolutely no issues.. Maybe try different headphones?

I've tried RehabMan's guide and your guide as well, but now using the kext method. (see attached)

I've disabled the 30 limit port patch since I want to keep it under 15 USB ports native to Apple, but I've tried all possible variants.

Tried 3 different headphones (Sony, Bose, AirPods), 3 different antennas, 2 different types of Wifi cards (OSXWifi and Broadcom NGFF).

@jyavenard was having the same issue, but not sure what method he's using.

Attachments

• X299USB.kext.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 83
7900x
x299 prime deluxe
rx vega64 / 280x
clover 4548
vt-d on

boot error
help plz

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.5 MB · Views: 105
  • not boot.jpeg
    not boot.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 128
Did somebody try to flash unpatched BIOS 1401, manually disable MSR Lock in the BIOS settings, and boot without TSCAudjustReset.kext?
Tried yesterday, still needs the TSCAdjustReset or TSCSync kexts on my board.

Reactions: kgp
I've tried RehabMan's guide and your guide as well, but now using the kext method. (see attached)

I've disabled the 30 limit port patch since I want to keep it under 15 USB ports native to Apple, but I've tried all possible variants.

Tried 3 different headphones (Sony, Bose, AirPods), 3 different antennas, 2 different types of Wifi cards (OSXWifi and Broadcom NGFF).

And why I do not have any audio issue when using my XHC USB kext, the port limit patch, the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe and connecting my LG38UC99-W with the OSX WIFI via Bluetooth?

I can have a look to your XHC USB kext, but I cannot proof it's functionality... even if @jyavenard "had" the same issue once, I don't know what he did.. He also tried many different mainboards.. thus, I don't know when he faced the same issue and what he did as solution.

I know that you feel at the edge and exhausted with your problem, but the system is very complex and I really don't where could be the knot in your configuration.

If I find something special in your XHC USB kext I will report back in any case.

Cheers,

KGP

This XHC USB kext looks a bit upside down and incomplete and might never provide full XHC USB port functionality for your mainboard... You just define 6 HS ports and 3 SS ports. All your HS ports are defined as 0! Thus USB2.0! Does the Designare EX really have such an USB configuration? No USB3.0 ports at all? What for do you use the 3 SS ports out of 6 SS-ports in this case?
You must implement all HS ports assigned with USB3.0 as "3", and you might define the USB2.0 HS port connected with your OSX WIFI as "255" (internal).

Also it must state iMacPro1,1-XHC and not iMacPro1,1-XHCI under IOKitPersonalities.

Please compare your XHC USB kext with my XHC USB kext for the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe (attached below)..

You can try to range the 6 SS-ports from 10 to 15 instead of 11 to 16.

In any case please verify your XHC USB port implementation with IOREG and verify the functionality and performanc of all USB ports by Black Magic benchmarks!

Last but not least you can adopt the port limit patch to your needs and to the real number of ports in use... it must not be 30!

Attachments

• KGP-iMacPro-XHCI.kext.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Ok @kgp I’m glad you’re not upset.

Regarding my situation, I’ve read with a lot more attention your guide even if I’m not really skilled with some stuff I read. Summarizing your resourceful info can be said that if I buy a X299 Gigabyte board (factory unlocked) + your EFI folder the system should work? My config will be Aorus Gaming (5, Ultra or 7) X299 board, 7820X 8-core, 32 GB RAM, 970 PRO 512 GB, Vega 64, Broadcom wifi bt. I've even checked the Asus Prime X299-A, it seems a really good price/value board but the "flash bios stuff" really scares me.

Yesterday I tried my first hackintosh on a friend's pc, it's an old Core i7 4XXX-ish, but all works fine using UniBeast + MultiBeast and the process was pretty easy. Since I've made an USB installation stick with UniBeast featuring HS 10.13.5, will I also be able to use the same USB stick with my brand new X299 build? ...then change my gigabyte bios setting like in your guide) ...and then copying your EFI folder in my main drive using Clover configurator?

I dunno if what I've written here is totally wrong, but It's all I've understood until now. Hope you (and anybody else) will help me again, I'll appreciate.

Ok @kgp I’m glad you’re not upset.

Regarding my situation, I’ve read with a lot more attention your guide even if I’m not really skilled with some stuff I read. Summarizing your resourceful info can be said that if I buy a X299 Gigabyte board (factory unlocked) + your EFI folder the system should work? My config will be Aorus Gaming (5, Ultra or 7) X299 board, 7820X 8-core, 32 GB RAM, 970 PRO 512 GB, Vega 64, Broadcom wifi bt. I've even checked the Asus Prime X299-A, it seems a really good price/value board but the "flash bios stuff" really scares me.

Yesterday I tried my first hackintosh on a friend's pc, it's an old Core i7 4XXX-ish, but all works fine using UniBeast + MultiBeast and the process was pretty easy. Since I've made an USB installation stick with unibeast featuring HS 10.13.5, will I also be able to use the same USB stick with my brand new X299 build? ...then change my gigabyte bios setting like in your guide) ...and then copying your EFI folder in my main drive using Clover Configurator?

I dunno if what I've written here is totally wrong, but It's all I've understood until now. Hope you (and anybody else) will help me again, I'll appreciate.

No.. once more... don't use Uni- and MultiBeast with my guide. Either use X299 and my guide or opt for another board chipset that suits Uni- and MultiBeast. Also what for to use Uni- and MultiBeast at all with X299? You have my EFI-Folder, which after likely adopting and adding TSCAdjustRest.kext as well as the ncpi=0x2000 boot flag works out of the box for installing the most recent OSX distribution on any X299 system.

It is now the 4th time that I tell you that I would never opt for a Gigabyte X299 Aorus Gaming board! If you want to opt for Gigabyte go for the Designare EX.

In any case, the EZ BIOS Flash Back procedure is save and straight. I really don't understand your concerns with respect to patching and flashing of any ASUS BIOS.

I still see you very insecure and undecided. I really don't know if my guide is something you would be really able to deal with.

Anyway, your decision my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back