Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! @kgp Hope your well mate!.. Just wanted to get a quick update from you regarding the new EFI folder etc . I decided to update my old folder to the new one.. has some parameters in the SMbios changed? iCloud asked to re authenticate the system as with other things.. just wanted to know so I can restore to older Id's if be unless the new changes are made for something I am not aware of. Also the AGPM.kext is this something I need now for my system?

No changes in SMBIOS from my side..

I was Hack this SSDT
AMW0
This SSDT rename from
Code:
  Name (_SB.WMTF._STA, Zero)  // _STA: Status
This for gigabyte X99motherboards
Hack from KGP Asus X99.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 4.40.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 4.40.49 PM.png
    182.3 KB · Views: 130
  • Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 4.45.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 4.45.50 PM.png
    253.7 KB · Views: 138
  • SSDT-X99-AMW0.aml
    5.3 KB · Views: 137
What about compatibility with macOS of Z370 and X299? Which one is more problems free?

You'll have a hard time finding a more complete guide than this one. I have experienced zero compatibility problems.

Reactions: kgp
Oooh, looks like if you install the new APFSLoader.efi, you don't need to copy apfs.efi to your EFI partition! Nice!

Confirmed. I removed APFS.efi and updated Clover with the new APFSLoader.efi and it worked. No verbose too. Will be nice to not have to keep updating APFS.efi in the EFI every macOS update.

What about using PXSX instead of PEGP?? Also do you have at any time SL01? I guess all your ACPI replacements within the SSDT are wrong. Apparently your TB Adapter is not in slot-4!

Thanks again @kgp & @apfelnico yes that did the trick!

Curious if I have SSDT-X299-TB3-iMacPro-KGP.aml is hot-swap supposed to work with Thunderbolt drives? I can get the drive recognize if I have it plugged in on the clover menu, but if I eject and unplug it. The Drive will not mount again unless I reboot and plug it in at the clover menu.

I do not have a lot of BIOS options for the TB3 card but I mirrored everything to the guide, perhaps someone else with a Gigabyte Alpine Ridge card can chime in?

Attachments

• IMG_20180615_104505.jpg
    IMG_20180615_104505.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 128
Update for BT Stutter after 2 hours of testing:

AGPMEnabler.kext does not help.

Turning off 2.4Ghz on Wifi router does not help.

Turning off Wifi in general does not help.

Going to most likely remove the OSXWifi card and go back to the NGFF DW-1560 onboard card and use my cheap USB BT receiver (which works SOLID compared to both OSXWIFI and the DW-1560). It actually has better range too, the only downside is handoff doesn't work well.

It's been tough trying to figure this issue out and I don't think there is a solution unfortunately, except to use the cheap USB key. It may be a power distribution issue, but honestly I think I’m just going to give up on this one.

Last edited:
PRIME X299-DELUXE BIOS 1401
Improved DRAM compatibility.
Improved system stability and performance.
Updated ME firmware.

Thanks again @kgp & @apfelnico yes that did the trick!

Curious if I have SSDT-X299-TB3-iMacPro-KGP.aml is hot-swap supposed to work with Thunderbolt drives? I can get the drive recognize if I have it plugged in on the clover menu, but if I eject and unplug it. The Drive will not mount again unless I reboot and plug it in at the clover menu.

I do not have a lot of BIOS options for the TB3 card but I mirrored everything to the guide, perhaps someone else with a Gigabyte Alpine Ridge card can chime in?

No more needed for right bios seettings.

I have a working SSDT-TB3 adapted from SSDT-X299-TB3-iMacPro-KGP.aml for my Gigabyte X229 UD4.

Try this one.

Attachments

• RP21-SSDT-TB3-X299.aml.zip
    3 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Anyone successful with AsRock X299-Extreme4 build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back