Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kgp It's a motherboard from Gigabyte. They have PCIe3.0 4Lane via PCH. This is not unusual and works just as well.

@kgp It's a motherboard from Gigabyte. They have PCIe3.0 4Lane via PCH. This is not unusual and works just as well.

I know.. my former comment about a non existent EC controller on Gigabyte boards was not meant in any bad or discriminitave way. Anyway, thanks for clarifying this also for the rest of the community. :thumbup:

@apfelnico, a stupid n00b question from my side.. :p

On my X299 build with the dune, I already installed Xcode_10_Beta.xip, but I am still with Xcode 9.4.. What I have to change to actually use Xcode 10 and if I want to change back to 9.4?

View attachment Hi
when you are going to copy the files manually and with the createInstaller.sh script
I receive the errors:

but I think it has been downloaded all right .. I've tried it several times

View attachment 336108 Hi
when you are going to copy the files manually and with the createInstaller.sh script
I receive the errors:

but I think it has been downloaded all right .. I've tried it several times

It seems there is no Install macOS High Sierra.app in your Applications folder!

Did you successfully execute

Code:
sudo /usr/sbin/installer -pkg installer.pkg -target /

????

BTW... do you have any X299 system specs for us, which you should include anyway in either your profile or signature?

yes, the result is: installer: Error - ERROR_85720411FF

Then you have to see what causes this error. In any case as the result you must have the macOS Installer app in your Applications folder.

Good luck,

KGP

Then you have to see what causes this error. In any case as the result you must have the macOS Installer app in your Applications folder.

Good luck,

KGP

ah I thought that:
createInstaller.sh will automatically create on any MacOS System the "Install High Sierra.app" for macOS High Sierra 10.13.5 (17F77) in the /Applications folder.

so I have to create the folder first? Ah okay!

ah I thought that:
createInstaller.sh will automatically create on any MacOS System the "Install High Sierra.app" for macOS High Sierra 10.13.5 (17F77) in the /Applications folder.

so I have to create the folder first? Ah okay!

The Applications folder is there by default. Or which folder you are referring to? Why does the createInstaller.sh does not work in your case? Follow the text messages and see where it fails..

The Applications folder is there by default. Or which folder you are referring to? Why does the createInstaller.sh does not work in your case? Follow the text messages and see where it fails..
I have tried to manually create the folder and it keeps giving the same error.
If the Applications folder is by default
no createinstaller.sh gives the same error

Error code Error - ERROR_85720411FF I can not find references in google. No results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back