Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much for the reply! I appreciate it! But.. I dont have my CPU Over clocked at all.. Do i need to change anything on the AVX in BIOS ? Cause right now i have it set to Auto. I am using Zbrush and photoshop. Crashes when i Save in Zbrush.. And it does crash some apps as well sometimes..

Thanks

Even if you don't overclock, AVX offsets are needed and relevant. They are related to overclocking but not exclusive to it. AVX is Intels technology that allows pro apps to utilize more powerful calculations than normal processing. During AVX calls, as I understand it, it will ramp up the processor (overclocking it). The offset controls this ramp from being too extreme. In my case iTunes, resolve, premiere, and sometimes safari would push the processor enough to cause a KP before I increased the offset beyond what @kgp recommends in the guide. I've red at least one user that even uses a Negative Offset of 10. I use 5, I think KPG uses 3.

Last edited:
I admit I haven't tracked updates/changes to wifi closely but I was under the impression the built-in wifi wasn't recognized by macOS and it was for this reason most people added a wifi/bluetooth pci card. I use Continuity features like Handoff and Airdrop frequently, so having this compatibility was important for me.

That is correct, but you can replace the wifi card that comes with the motherboard with one that is compatible with macOS.

no problems with screen recording,I have seen users flashing bios de sapphire pulse(but I do not know if it's for compatibility....).
No work for me audio for hdmi or dp.

What is the brand of your Rx580 ?

New version of fcx out ( 10.4.2 ) try and comment

Note: I no use kexts for graphics work OOB .
I used sapphire rx580 8gb,the crashed away happened on Mac OS 10.13.4

Even if you don't overclock, AVX offsets are needed and relevant. They are related to overclocking but not exclusive to it. AVX is Intels technology that allows pro apps to utilize more powerful calculations than normal processing. During AVX calls, as I understand it, it will ramp up the processor (overclocking it). The offset controls this ramp from being too extreme. In my case iTunes, resolve, premiere, and sometimes safari would push the processor enough to cause a KP before I increased the offset beyond what @kgp recommends in the guide. I've red at least one user that even uses a Negative Offset of 10. I use 5, I think KPG uses 3.

Thank you! There are two of them in BIOS:
1. AVX Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset
2. AVX-512 Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset

Witch ones do you recommend setting to what number ? I am on a i9-7980XE same as you i guess :)

Hello Friend, do you think I get get a look at your EFI? Starting a new build with RX580 & multiple monitors. Thanks
here is my efi

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.1 MB · Views: 135
Thank you! There are two of them in BIOS:
1. AVX Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset
2. AVX-512 Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset

Witch ones do you recommend setting to what number ? I am on a i9-7980XE same as you i guess :)

Start with what KGP recommends in his guide:

1. AVX: 3
2. AVX-512: 2

If you continue to see crashes, increase AVX in increments of 1. I have mine set to 5. My AVX-512 is set to 2.

Start with what KGP recommends in his guide:

1. AVX: 3
2. AVX-512: 2

If you continue to see crashes, increase AVX in increments of 1. I have mine set to 5. My AVX-512 is set to 2.

Thank you @eiriasemrys !! Appreciate your reply!

here is my efi

I try Final Cut X 10.4.2 and have problems to export I return to the version 10.3.4

I see your EFI and I do not use WhateverGreen.kext. You use Thunderbolt and I do not see a ssdt .. is not it necessary so that it works well??

This is graphic card that I use.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    803 KB · Views: 153
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 131
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back