Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, any feedback yet I could try? I am asking, because tomorrow I can't test.

Yes. You have to use this acpi patch: 47505257 02 > 58505257 02 Together with this ssdt
Hi,

I'm monitoring the Mac but I still saw it waking up on its own.
I applied the patch and copied the ssdt file in the patched folder.
The PC is waking up less often now but I saw it waking twice.

The USB ports on my Apple TB display do not work either (all USB on the motherboards work however), that includes the Apple TB display speakers and Facetime camera... I have the USB port limit patch applied. Yet it doesn't work.
In the PCI list, I can see the pci12d8,4008 which is this: http://pci-ids.ucw.cz/read/PC/12d8/400e the USB controller found in the screen. It is seen, but it doesn't work.

I will keep the Asus mostly because I can't be bothered swapping motherboard a 4th time, and I got the Asus for 380 euros on Amazon, adding the ASRock TB3 card I got on eBay for 82 euros, that's the cheapest option, and yet I have the highest number of ports.
View attachment 319959

I've identified a way to get aogoI understand it: if the TB3 card is in slot 4, then it works fine. This happens with both the Asus ThunderboltEX card and the ASRock one..
Screens work nicely in Windows, regardless of the location.
Under macOS, the devices are present at all time, but in one case the drivers are loaded, and in the other not...

Ideas?

This problem is driving me crazy now.
'POWERCOLOR RX580 4GB is being used, the system will be down when the final cut H264 encoding is performed.

We are using the ' SSDT '.
Frame buffer is using '. '

Encoding other than encoding seems to be working well.

If I change the SMBIOS to Mac 6.1,
It is not system-like but has a failure message.

Could you also provide an ioreg and origin Folder with Vega in slot 1 only ? DSM2 told me that the method mentioned in the guide by rehabmen won’t work so he contacted someone who can help. They need those files for it as well .

Of course, here we go.

Attachments

• origin AMD.zip
    85.4 KB · Views: 132
  • yvess iMac Pro AMD.ioreg
    23 MB · Views: 106
New BIOS is out, has anyone patched for MSR yet, if so, care to share?
@kgp

Yes, I have patched 1201 myself according to the method in post #1, but it did not work for me. The patch was successful, but I had problems during boot. The computer was slow as hell, maybe it needs some specific patches in clover?

Ok, I've noticed that the Nvidia Graphics card is showing up in slot 6 along with a pci0defb9 Audio Device on the same PCI slot than slot one. So I've applied the KGP SL05 -> GFX0 Dsdt replacement patch, but now I get the Nvidia web drivers disabled and VGA compatible controller still showing up on Slot 6 along with the audio device attached to it. Guys any help would be great at this point... I've thrown in the X299.SSDT attached in this guide too, but I don't know if it has loaded correctly.. everything boots up, all ports and devices seem to work.. except using logic pro instantly freezes the system without any audio plugins installed.

Update.. I managed to reactivate the Nvidia drivers but it still shows slot 6 post patching. I do see a GFX0 entry in IOregistry though.

Also, If I connect an external usb Hdd to one of the ports on the computer it shows up as an internal drive, just noticed this as I was using it through my monitor hub which is connected to my computer via a Pci Fresco Logic usb3 card earlier.

any suggestions?

After Changing the Nvidia Driver to a nonflaky .106 version the graphics issues seem to have vanished.. I had to use my MacBook to type this as the system froze every time I tried to on the X299. Logic X seemed to open and behave with the soundcard turned off. but with the soundcard on, I can't even play 1 second of audio even on iTunes without an instant lockup. The only thing i can think of now is USB with any input on any USB port. my wifi dongle loads fine and works ok. but my keyboard has just started to just act up and my soundcard initializes and can be controlled by the independent software control program, but dare no audio to be played on this system.

Guys if you can give me some help on this that would be great. I need this system for Logic specifically speaking.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back