Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ACPI patch "SLT3 -> ETH1 find: 534c5433 replace: 45544831" does not work?
it will show up as ETH1->pci-bridge->en0
he probably didn't want that.

BTW, comments on new egg shows that the ASRock TB3 cards work with the Asus motherboard

The thread might be lengthy and already have 600 pages. Most of the posts might be outdated or obsolete.

However my guide in the originating post of this thread is up to date and in my personal opinion also compact and comprehensive. The latter certainly is a matter of taste.

That's just those 600 pages are a gold mine for all of us : we can see the progress and find with some patience all requiried informations. :clap:

Off topic: why so much IO? Do you mix on a console? :)

I run a 16channel Chandler mixer / 20 hardware Eq and 20 Compressor inserts / 8 adat link to slave protools rig for tracking stems / 10 mic pres / 8 adat for silentway on the modular synth. Rme pci cards are real workhorses. I like the combination of digital and analog, both are valid

Reactions: kgp
@justdatruth With your ASRock, using IORegistryExplorer do you have either en EC0 or H_EC device ?
Or better, using IOJones, could you save the profile of your machine and post it here?

thanks

Hi. I am following your guide. And I stuck on booting my installation disk.
It says "APCI error ..."

The photo of verbose is attached.

Please help me.

IMG_0954.JPG

Hi. I am following your guide. And I stuck on booting my installation disk.
It says "APCI error ..."

The photo of verbose is attached.

Please help me.

View attachment 319002
As per the guide, in the gigabyte special notes
13.) All Gigabite mainboard users need to add the "npci=0x2000" boot flag to their config.plist by checking the latter in Section "Boot" of Clover Configurator under "Arguments".

Yes, there's a typo, and it's not the easiest paragraph to find in this wealth of information.

Mind you, I am no ACPI expert and I'm only writing from the information I've managed to read around there.
something like this should do:

Code:

should do...

Edit: BTW, it serves no purpose whatsoever to match ETH0 and ETH1... it all works just the same

(about to pull the plug in the Taichi XE, I figured I don't need the 10gbit/s card and can always buy a PCIe card later)

Thanks I'll try that when I get a chance. I know its purely cosmetic, but more generally I was hoping to learn a little more about referencing devices.

The ACPI patch "SLT3 -> ETH1 find: 534c5433 replace: 45544831" does not work?

Thanks for the suggestion, I did initially consider that but didn't think it would it work for the reasons stated below.

it will show up as ETH1->pci-bridge->en0
he probably didn't want that.

BTW, comments on new egg shows that the ASRock TB3 cards work with the Asus motherboard

@justdatruth With your ASRock, using IORegistryExplorer do you have either en EC0 or H_EC device ?
Or better, using IOJones, could you save the profile of your machine and post it here?

thanks

No EC0 or H_EC device initially. I used the fake ec hack you posted previously (thanks btw), that appears to have worked and the AppleBusPowerController controller appears to have loaded correctly.

Some progress! I went back to @kgp EFI folder and used the same techniques (so it no longer use DSDT patches, just a SSDT and CLOVER acpi hotpatch).
The thunderbolt devices now appear in the PCI list, which I had never seen before
Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 11.34.27 pm.png

And sleep works !! that is all fans stop, and the PSU "clicks" off.

Can't turn it back on however. And TB hotplug still doesn't work ...
Maybe it's like what was mentioned earlier, some BIOS settings... Now if I could only figure it out...

This should work as-is with your GB Gaming 7... Could you give it a try? seeing that it's morning for you :)
Try different BIOS combination to see if resuming from sleep could be enabled.

Attachments

• SSDT-EC.aml
    63 bytes · Views: 114
  • SSDT-X299-Designare-iMacPro-v3.aml
    5.3 KB · Views: 83
  • SSDT-XOSI.aml
    176 bytes · Views: 107
Does the Asus bios let you, like the Gigabyte BIOS, set up the processor speed according to how many cores are running at once?
so if 1,2,3,4 cores only are running, run them at 4.5GHz
if 5,6,7,8,9,10 -> 4.2GHz
If more 4GHz....

I really like that with the GB...

I run a 16channel Chandler mixer / 20 hardware Eq and 20 Compressor inserts / 8 adat link to slave protools rig for tracking stems / 10 mic pres / 8 adat for silentway on the modular synth. Rme pci cards are real workhorses. I like the combination of digital and analog, both are valid

RME is incredible stuff. My main monitor system is an ADI-2 Pro. incredible unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back