Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello @kgp Is there a way I could find the full install of 10.13.2 for iMac Pro?? one of the systems I have (which is exactly like yours, except it has two Titan Xp and no TB3 has been giving me trouble with graphics since I updated to 13.3.. Cinema4d is behaving funny and the new drivers (which many have problems with) are just a pain..

I unfortunately deleted the 13.2 install when I reinstalled everything back with the new 13.3... is driving me mad, and I would like to go back to 13.2.

Do you know if there is any way to get it??

Cheers!

Hello @kgp Is there a way I could find the full install of 10.13.2 for iMac Pro?? one of the systems I have (which is exactly like yours, except it has two Titan Xp and no TB3 has been giving me trouble with graphics since I updated to 13.3.. Cinema4d is behaving funny and the new drivers (which many have problems with) are just a pain..

I unfortunately deleted the 13.2 install when I reinstalled everything back with the new 13.3... is driving me mad, and I would like to go back to 13.2.

Do you know if there is any way to get it??

Cheers!

No way, except you find somebody who still has a copy of the 10.13.2 (17D2205) full package installer.

Why don’t you use patched Web Driver xxx.106 instead of downgrading macOS High Sierra???

No way, except you find somebody who still has a copy of the 10.13.2 (17D2205) full package installer.

Why don’t you use patched Web Driver xxx.106 instead of downgrading macOS High Sierra???
And how do I do that if you don't mind me asking..? BTW thank for the reply!

And how do I do that if you don't mind me asking..? BTW thank for the reply!

See section E.2) - Graphics Configuration, everything described up to it’s most tiny detail!

See section E.2) - Graphics Configuration, everything described up to it’s most tiny detail!
Danke my friend! will give it a go

Reactions: kgp
Slot 1 as in @kgp description, that is the slot closest to the CPU?

which motherboard do you have?

Sorry for my late response :

I have a Gigabyte X299 UD4 motherboard,

Slot 1 is the slot closest to the CPU.

That's what I figured, but are you using 10.13.4 beta? (and if so, do you have issue hotplugging screen)

Not yet : I have the message to update on App Store but not still done.

Anybody here use Davinci Resolve 14 in High Sierra? Exporting any video file to Pro Res 422 1080p/4K works fine and CPU is fully utilized, demolishing the performance of an iMac Pro (I would know, as I have the base model sitting right next to me for comparison).

However, exporting to h.264 is a different story, where the iMac Pro takes the lead by a huge margin. On my 7900x rig, exporting to h.264 (at any resolution or bitrate) starts off fast, but drops in speed tremendously after a few seconds (for example, from 80 frames per second to 20 frames per second). The iMac pro will stay constant at about 60 frames per second.

I've tried using CUDA on my 1080ti and OpenCL/Metal on an RX580. Same results. RX580 seems to be functioning normally in FCPX, as my Bruce X time is 14 seconds. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with power delivery, because I can hear my GPU coil whine in 1.5 second intervals - almost like it's struggling to ramp up to optimal frequencies. CPU also ramps up and down in power consumption in that same 1.5 second interval pattern.

Also, we'd normally say the that h.264 export is accelerated by quick sync, giving the regular iMac a clear advantage; however, the iMac Pro doesn't have a iGPU with quick sync, yet it is way faster. My Macbook Pro 13 inch is also much faster, with the RX580 attached as an eGPU in Davinci Resolve.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Just out of left field, are you using NVME or SSD?
I've tried both. APFS and HFS. Doesn't seem to make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back