Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, that's something we'll consider as well to debunk the issue, thanks for your input. But I'm having a hard time understanding how this can be related to @JimmyS's input when he states that using pike's patch resolved the sleep issue for him. Pike's patch is CPU related, not GPU related, how can it link to the fact we have NVidia GPUs? Any clue?

I know, I am not allowed for now anymore to comment on my own thread and guide. But I want to clarify one thing about which Pike Alpha patch we are talking about, just to avoid any further confusion. See post #4169. The sleep/wake workaround based on Pike Alpha's xcpm_idle patch to avoid ERROR E3 has been originally proposed by @Matthew82 from InsanelyMac. He also provided an additional SSDT.aml to avoid unwanted wake from sleep, which I modified for XHCI.

Now yes, all that seems rather CPU related, although @DSM2 suggests that the sleep/wake issue might be GPU related..

Now, I let you guys continue spreading your own ideas....

Have fun and enjoy,

KGP

Yeah Apple used to use Qualcomm Atheros way back a few years ago on the MacBook Pros, but I think their favorite has been Broadcom for a while now.

I'd love to get the same chipset Wifi/BT module in NGFF that's in the iMac Pro.

This comes up as I surf for this....

ifixit lists this...
Apple/Universal Scientific Industrial (USI) 339S00428 00012021 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth module

This maybe whats in the iMac Pro BCM43362

I think there maybe truth to this as when I attempt to wake from long periods... the iX299 Pro wakes up (lights, fans, etc...) but the display looks black screen froze (my monitor powered up backlight wise from sleep state but didn't show a display).

Does it trigger a KP? When you restart MacOS are you provided with the Apple prompt message to send the debug data to them?

TS3742_04--Restarted-001-en.png

If so, could you please check if it's the same KP we're getting? If not, then it means that's just the GPU that doesn't want to wake up.

Does it trigger a KP? When you restart MacOS are you provided with the Apple prompt message to send the debug data to them?

TS3742_04--Restarted-001-en.png

If so, could you please check if it's the same KP we're getting? If not, then it means that's just the GPU that doesn't want to wake up.

That's exactly what I get after all the panics. That popup right there and then I check the report which is what let me copy and paste what I posted originally regarding the kp and acpiplatform error

That's exactly what I get after all the panics. That popup right there and then I check the report which is what let me copy and paste what I posted originally regarding the kp and acpiplatform error

ASUS Error Code Table:

Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 15.08.14.png

Broadcom 94350xxx will never work
94352xxx or 94360xxx is the way to go.

Cheers :)

Thanks. I was curious to the AE branding on BCM943502ZAE.

Do you have either on or the other replaced and functioning in you iX299 Pro?

Hey @Ramalama, are you on R6E mobo with a patched BIOS?
Yep
I think we're down to

BCM94352Z
or
BCM94352ZAE

They're both older.

The iMac 2017 uses BCM943602CDP (not available in NGFF form factor it seems).
Apple never used ngff... The cdp cards need that special pcie adapters...
But i know what you mean, it seems like its ngff, but actually its not... Its sth apple propiatary...

Sry, 943502xxx will work too...
Just the 94350xxx not

943502 and 94350 are different cards, didnt thinked about that, but 943502 works...

You just need an ssdt or any other way to fake id and the firmware uploader (rehabs repo brcm firmware...) Sth like that...

Cheers:)

Last edited:

That's the error code on the motherboard you're referring to? I can't remember seeing any after waking up from sleep fails. I'll be more careful next time it happens.

So far 17h of uptime, still waiting for my KP to occur :(.

Ok. But you only posted one KP dump earlier. Did you check that the KP dump is the same when triggered after you wake up from sleep?

Ok. But you only posted one KP dump earlier. Did you check that the KP dump is the same when triggered after you wake up from sleep?

It's super late for me, I'm gonna take a long nap as I have to work a 12 hour shift tomorrow. It will be sound asleep for hours til I return. I should have a nice KP posting for you when I get home from work. Goodnight all or good morning whichever part of the world you reside.

That's the error code on the motherboard you're referring to? I can't remember seeing any after waking up from sleep fails. I'll be more careful next time it happens.

So far 17h of uptime, still waiting for my KP to occur :(.

Yup..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back