Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it does look like renaming to xhc1 removes 3 usb3 ports, so that would make sense.

But your usb 3.1 ports does not look like mine under 10.13.2, so something has changed in the beta.

Okay one last question: are the errors you posted last time WITH XHCI? Because it complains about not creating ss05, and ss05 is not there with xhc1, but it is there with xhci

With XHCI the ports are created, so the situation seems to be better (less error messages). But I still get the "device returned more than wLength data" error and USB2.0 speeds :(

My system is very sensitive to OsxAptio. I have been able to boot by only using the combination of Test2.efi + OsxAptioDrv.

My conclusion with Clover 4369 is that:

OsxAptioFixDrv: works both restarting and from a cold boot.

OsxAptioFix2Drv: works only from cold boot. If I restart, I get the "Does printf work??" error.

So Clover 4369 is a great improvement for me, no need for Test2.efi anymore. I will stay with OsxAptioFixDrv for now.
:clap:

From what I understood from kgp's remarks, I believe Test2.efi is also meant to fix random reboots. Please let us know if you notice any.

Edit: Actually from my own notes (this is what I wrote about it)

Install Test2-2016.efi in /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/. This is supposed to add stability to "OsxAptioFixDrv-64"
# Otherwise the "OsxAptioFixDrv-64" trick won't work, you'll stay stuck on a non-loaded "using reloc block"

Last edited:
How do you test this?
One easy way to test it is-
  • Download VLC if you don't have it already

• Copy it to /Applications/, open it, go to Preferences > Input / Codecs > Hardware Acceleration : VDA, save changes, and exit VLC.

• Then launch VLC from Terminal with the -v argument. To do this, open Terminal and type "/Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/VLC -v [path_to-file]". For the [path_to_file] part, you can simply drag a .mp4 file into the Terminal window and it with automatically put in the path to that file. After doing this, if VDA works then you should see something along the lines of this

Do you guys have your USB drives disconnected when resuming from sleep? If not, was anyone able to identify which of the fixes resolve the issue?

From what I understood from kgp's remarks, I believe Test2.efi is also meant to fix random reboots. Please let us know if you notice any.

Edit: Actually from my own notes (this is what I wrote about it)

Install Test2-2016.efi in /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/. This is supposed to add stability to "OsxAptioFixDrv-64"
# Otherwise the "OsxAptioFixDrv-64" trick won't work, you'll stay stuck on a non-loaded "using reloc block"

There are no random reboots on Skylake-X/X299 if everything is set properly. Test2-2016.efi has been solely used to avoid memory allocation errors at early boot.

There are no random reboots on Skylake-X/X299 if everything is set properly. Test2-2016.efi has been solely used to avoid memory allocation errors at early boot.

Thank you KGP for the clarification!

Would you have a copy of RAMALAMA_ASUS_R6E_USB.kext to share please?

Thank you KGP for the clarification!

Would you have a copy of RAMALAMA_ASUS_R6E_USB.kext to share please?

You don’t need any XHC kext. All XHC USB boards should be natively implemented.

Sweet! So there is hope. Which kext do you use for Ethernet? Did you have to do anything special for it or just use the one provided in kgp's EFI?

Also, OSX 10.13.2?

yes, 10.13.2, nothing change

Attachments

• IntelMausiEthernet.kext.zip
    53.6 KB · Views: 71
You don’t need any XHC kext. All XHC USB boards should be natively implemented.

All my USBs are indeed recognised, but speed is quite slow, 37Mb/s r/w for USB 3.0 isn't normal. I'm trying to figure out what could be wrong with it.

yes, 10.13.2, nothing change

Thank you. So far I haven't figured out what is the issue. :( Would you mind sharing your EFI folder please?

EDIT: Resolved, I now appear to have full USB 3.0 speed... don't ask me how, I have no idea why... :s

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back