Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys are you serious? You don’t need anything special for 17C2120 ....

To get 17C2120 just download the latest full 10.3.2 and do a clean install and that’s it - 17C2120!

ahah I did all the downloads manually with curl and used the "prductbuild" and "/usr/sbin/installer" to create the installer... I'd say it's much easier your way... :(

So what is your conclusion? Did it work for you?

No time to give it a try yet. If you are able try or implement the proposed solution for OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, please go ahead..

For me the combination of OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and Test2-2016.efi works flawless, although the recommendation was clearly not to use both OSXAptio fixes in parallel but to solely use OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi with the slide=N boot flag instead.

No time to give it a try yet. If you are able try or implement the proposed solution for OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, please go ahead..

For me the combination of OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and Test2-2016.efi works flawless, although the recommendation was clearly not to use both OSXAptio fixes in parallel but to solely use OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi with the slide=N boot flag instead.

i thought they suggested calculating the slide instead of using N or 0

@kgp : You have to download the actual revision of it, not the ones which was released back then when 10.13.2 officially came out!

How comes that the build version changed after the official release of 10.13.2? Your claims are at odd with any principles followed by Apple. Up to my knowledge, there was no subsequent additional update of 10.13.2 after the official release.. or did Î miss something?

Honestly, with SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 and build 17C88, I cannot download any officially released 10.13.2 Package (not even 17C88 itself), nor any officially released 10.13.3 Beta Package at present...

Screen Shot 2018-01-07 at 17.28.13.png

;)

@kgp : You have to download the actual revision of it, not the ones which was released back then when 10.13.2 officially came out!

Was there any silent subsequent update of 10.13.2 by Apple after the official release of 10.13.2? There are not even Web Drivers for 17C2120, are there?

Seems that nobody else realised the subsequent official update of Apple you are talking about, if that's really true....

Just once more downloading 10.13.2 on my X99 rig. I will keep you informed about the further progress...

I raised the thematics and issue already a few days and likely even a few weeks ago here in this thread. Why did you not respond on this earlier? It would have definitely saved much off unnecessary work I performed the last days!

Last edited:

Attachments

• IOREGs.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 81
Installer version of the previously and now newly downloaded 10.13.2 Installer Package identical: 13.2.07

Still no iMacPro BoardID or iMacPro1,1 model properties in the PlatformSupport.plists of the Installer Package.

Now I will try to perform an update of my current system to see about the recent build number..

Last edited:
Ha, it works! Also, native NVRAM also works! So far so good.

Interestingly, I also added a calculated slide, but the result of the calculation is indeed 0, so slide=0 it is. I wonder if the printf thing or memory allocation ever resurfaces.

amazing! so slide 0 for the Asus Strix, itll be different on the prime x299 deluxe, correct?

Hey @kgp, I'm trying hard to follow your guide. You mentioned that iMacPro1,1 doesn't work when booting from a clover installed on an external USB, did I understand that correctly?

The issue I'm facing at the moment is that I've installed Clover on the system disk, it boots just fine with the iMac17,1 definition, but when I just switch to iMacPro1,1 and while using the same EFI folder, OsxAptioFixDrv will just not load at all, staying stuck on "using reloc block" for a bit and after a few minutes the computer just halts.

For both iMacPro1,1 and iMac17,1 I'm using exactly the same Test2-2016.efi + OsxAptioFixDrv-64 efi files... But the OsxAptio fix only works for iMac17,1... Any clue why?

Edit:

Got it to work... answering my own questions here:

Clover can be installed anywhere, it doesn't matter if it's installed on a USB stick or on the system disk, as long as you can boot from it. The issue you're facing is that the PlatformSupport.plist present in /System/Library/CoreServices/ needs to be patched in order for OsxAptio fix to work for iMacPro1,1 definition. Hence why it is suggested to perform the install using the iMac17,1 first so that later the PlatformSupport.plist can be patched to /System/Library/CoreServices/ once we can boot the system.

In short, the issue was just that the PlatformSupport.plist had to be patched in order for Test2-2016.efi + OsxAptioFixDrv-64 efi files to work with the iMacPro1,1 Clover definition.

Last edited:
This is most definetly not related to OsxAptio, it is just the last thing that gets correctly displayed. What you describe happens when boot.efi refuses to start the kernel. One of the many reasons this can happen is when you boot with a boardid that is not supported by the os. For example, iMacPro boardid is not supported by normal 10.13.2. You have to manually hack the file that contains the supported boardids for it to boot.

Yep, solved, thanks. I just edited my own comment. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back