Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely use Bluetooth and of course the antennas are connected. Not only that but I have them apart from one another per instructions. It didn’t work when I had the basic config. Once I went through the whole thing and followed the instructions everything has worked since. If you followed it then why are your DSDTs disabled?

can you please share your EFI folder ? thanks ..

my bluetooth stopped working on my hackintosh,
i'm using the onboard BT chip (asus prime deluxe x299) (osx 10.13.2)
does anyone know of any issue? or how to resolve it ?

Which BIOS Version do you use? Do you have Bluetooth enabled?

Last edited:
Which BIOS Version do you use? Do you have Bluetooth enabled?
yes i have, i also tried to disabled it and saw that the BT was disabled on OSX,
i'm using the latest bios, Version 1004

yes i have, i also tried to disabled it and saw that the BT was disabled on OSX,
i'm using the latest bios, Version 1004
Here's your Config.plist edited. I enabled all the DSDT patches that I enabled on mine. I suggest you go through the guide and enable what you need based on your setup regardless of my edits. Also, I hope that you intentionally took out your SMBIOS system definitions (Serial etc...). If not, then please set those up as well.

Let me know if you're still having Bluetooth issues. You may have to reset your Bluetooth in High Sierra if nothing else works.

Attachments

• config.plist
    14.7 KB · Views: 253
Reactions: kgp
Hi! First time poster here.

I’m planning on building my first hack based on this guide with the following hardware:

Mobo: Asus Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU: i7 7820X
CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i
RAM: Trident Z 32 GB (2x16GB)
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 GAMING iCX

After researching and reading all the discussion, specially around the “Logic Issue”, I’m wondering if its worth waiting for a more stable solution or is the manual CPU Core Voltage solution working fine for everyone using Logic Pro X, this is going to be a dedicated Logic and Pro Tools machine for work so any comment is really appreciated.

PS. It is amazing to see all the work that’s being put into this guide (@kgp ) and all the troubleshooting helping the community!:clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:

I’m planning on building my first hack based on this guide with the following hardware:

CPU: i7 7920X

After researching and reading all the discussion, specially around the “Logic Issue”, I’m wondering if its worth waiting for a more stable solution or is the manual CPU Core Voltage solution working fine for everyone using Logic Pro X, this is going to be a dedicated Logic and Pro Tools machine for work so any comment is really appreciated.

PS. It is amazing to see all the work that’s being put into this guide (@kgp ) and all the troubleshooting helping the community!:clap::clap::clap:
I use Propellerhead’s Reason and I cannot run it with hyperthreading on. Thank God there’s an option within the DAW to disable hyperthreading which helps a ton but the system runs fine but not optimized. So I think it could be a software optimization issue with The daw itself. No telling yet.

As for Logic, I use it for live recording (mainly vocals) mixing and mastering. Haven’t been on it enough to comment one way or another. If Reason is having issues with this setup then I do believe those with issues with Logic Pro X.

Lastly, if you’re going for the 7920x consider going with the 7940x instead as the speed for the 7920x is 2.9ghz vs 7940x at 3.1ghz. You would think that as you go up in cores the speed gets lower but not in the case of 7920x and 7940x.

I hope this helps.

I use Propellerhead’s Reason and I cannot run it with hyperthreading on. Thank God there’s an option within the DAW to disable hyperthreading which helps a ton but the system runs fine but not optimized. So I think it could be a software optimization issue with The daw itself. No telling yet.

As for Logic, I use it for live recording (mainly vocals) mixing and mastering. Haven’t been on it enough to comment one way or another. If Reason is having issues with this setup then I do believe those with issues with Logic Pro X.

Lastly, if you’re going for the 7920x consider going with the 7940x instead as the speed for the 7920x is 2.9ghz vs 7940x at 3.1ghz. You would think that as you go up in cores the speed gets lower but not in the case of 7920x and 7940x.

I hope this helps.

Sorry, I meant i7 7820X, edited my post :crazy:. Thanks for your answer!

CPU: i7 7820X

@nachosband, provided your hardware list it seems that you aim at a "low-cost" implementation, which is totally fine with me. Nevertheless, I would go for the i9-7900X, due to it's 44 PCIe lane implementation. In any case, your choice ;)

Also be aware that the LOGIC problem yet might not have been be solved in 100%. Thus, if your machine is going to be mainly dedicated to Logic operation, I would rather wait with the purchase. In any case, also your decision.. ;)

Good luck,

KGP

You want to work with FCPX, ok but why the hell you buy then an Nvidia card ???

The 1080 TI will be much slower then an RX 580 or Vega 56/64. Even a Titan Xp is slower.

Well... I read it was a easier to build a hackintosh with an nvidia (it will be my very first one...) and considering i also want to work with Resolve I thought it was better to have the extra power of the 1080ti even if it meant a little less for FCPX... But according to you it will be MUCH slower... Have you any experience with FCP on a hack? thank you

(EDIT : I read this post : https://9to5mac.com/2017/05/10/hackintosh-amd-rx-480-vs-nvidia-1080-ti-final-cut-pro-x/)

Would a RADEON RX VEGA 64 (8Go HBM2) or a VEGA FRONTIER (16Go HBM2) work OOB ?

Last edited:
@0herbert0 : First of all of course I have experience with FCPX, I did in this topic also some Bruce 5k Tests etc...

Should my profile not already proof it that a Vega 64 works?
I use two of them on my build...
Vega Frontier will of course also work.

Sure, thanks... I just meant : do they work easy OOB for a first hack ;-)
I had chosen the GTX 1080ti as KGP made his guide with it but what you say is closer to what I had first planned...

did you crossfire the 2 GPUs ? Would you give me the exact model of your VEGAs?
And what do you use to cool the CPU ?
thkx a looooot !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back