Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I second that.

With 10.13.2 seems to be reoccurring theme of issues. I guess we have to stay with 10.13.1 until this issue is resolved.

@spyderfyre who sometimes give up too fast :p
please don't say "10.13.2 seems to be reoccurring theme of issues" when it's not true.
You have some small issues because you missed something or simply something in your config is wrong.

Like me - "for example" and my bad config with PCI devices - which I don't know how to fix yet :p
I mean I think I'm know, but I'm not sure and have to test few things before start to post questions :p
but I will say "I don't know" at the place of "S***, that 10.13.2 have bugs/I have s:%..ty problems...." etc etc

That's why I prefer people who say directly- if they don't know how to do/or where they make mistake, than grumpy persons :p
We are here to learn and help each other, not to grumble :)

Last edited:
Reactions: kgp
When you run the update and it restarts, you need to select install MacOS on Drive X from clover... otherwise it just boots to 10.13.1

Yes, exactly what I wanted to say... that is the basic thing missed by people when they install updates :p
and they forget to simply change osxaptio + test2016 before (mentioned X times few posts ago) :)
BTW: We can install OSX with old osxaptio... but probably someone will have the same problem like us
with strange "printf" message after install and next reboot :p

thanks a lot for share, I didn't heard about that way, but I will try it on some TestCFG..sure :D
PS: Did you tried it with any of your PC? :)

Last edited:
Hey guys,
I updated to 10.13.2 successfully by updating the Lilu Kext from 1.1.7 to 1.2.1 and went through the entire installation process without problems... until it rebooted. After doing so it goes through the verbose and everything seems fine then the black screen.

When I try to roll back to Lilu 1.1.7 (which worked great with 10.13.1) i can’t even get through the boot process. With the new Lilu I got the black screen. What am I doing wrong?

GPU I’m having trouble with is Gigabyte Radeon Pro 560

I clearly state in my guide that you have to use Lilu 1.2.1 and 1.2.1 Lilu plugins!

Last edited:
With 10.13.2 seems to be reoccurring theme of issues. I guess we have to stay with 10.13.1 until this issue is resolved.

You should just read and follow my guide instead of permanently complaining and spreading rumours which lack any base.

BTW.. What for I distribute an updated new EFI-Folder at the end of the originating post/guide each time after some macOS Update, if people like you are not even able to find the latter?

Important notification to @ALL,

my friends, it it impossible to continue like this! This guide and thread is now up for more than 4 months, and some of you act and comment like total beginners!

To make one thing clear once and forever!

It is impossibly to provide a complete EFI-Folder for each of your strongly diverging system configurations! I know that @mgregrs proposed to implement a complete EFI-Folder at least for the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe. However, not even the latter can be accomplished due to your deviating mainboard, PCIe Adapters, PCIe slot populations or system configurations.

The actually attached EFI-Folder at the bottom of the originating post of this thread/guide thus just contains a minimal system configuration, each time a macOS system update occurred, which is valid for all of you!

TO COMPLETE THIS EFI-FOLDER, ONE ALSO HAS TO REVISE MY UPDATED GUIDE IN ADDITION, WHICH IS UPDATED IN PARALLEL EACH TIME AN MAC OS UPDATE HAS OCCURRED!

EACH TIME AFTER MY GUIDE OR EFI-FOLDER UPDATES, ONE FIND'S IN ADDITION MY CLEARLY INDICATED NOTIFICATIONS TO ALL OF YOU ALL ALONG THIS THREAD, INCLUDING THE MOST ACTUAL EFI-FOLDER DISTRIBUTION AND A DETAILED LIST OF MODIFICATIONS! SEE, E.G. POST #2078!

MY GUIDE ALSO CONTAINS DETAILED MAC OS INSTALLATION GUIDELINES! If you are not able or if you are too lazy to read and apply my guide, what else can I do?

With respect to all recent issue reports related with the most recent macOS 10.13.2 Installation, see for instance @ccozmo 's useful comment in post #2132 above!

The general attitude and feedback of some of you is neither adequate nor acceptable.

Sorry for these straight and direct feedback from my side. But it is really a pain to read some of your replies, which apparently lack any base and are just the result of laziness and an assumed comfortability, which is simply impossible to be implemented in the way you would like!

PLEASE FIRST CAREFULLY THINK, READ AND APPLY MY GUIDELINES WHEREEVER NECESSARY AND THEN SHOUT AND COMPLAIN IF REALLY NECESSARY! BUT DON'T DO IT THE OTHER WAY ROUND!

Many thanks in advance,

KGP

Last edited:
Important notification to @ALL,

my friends, it it impossible to continue like this! This guide and thread is now up for more than 4 months, and some of you act and comment like total beginners!

To make one thing clear once and forever!

It is impossibly to provide a complete EFI-Folder for each of your strongly diverging system configurations! I know that @mgregrs proposed to implement a complete EFI-Folder at least for the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe. However, not even the latter can be accomplished due to your deviating mainboard, PCIe Adapters, PCIe slot populations or system configurations.

The actually attached EFI-Folder at the bottom of the originating post of this thread/guide thus just contains a minimal system configuration, each time a macOS system update occurred, which is valid for all of you!

TO COMPLETE THIS EFI-FOLDER, ONE ALSO HAS TO REVISE MY UPDATED GUIDE IN ADDITION, WHICH IS UPDATED IN PARALLEL EACH TIME AN MAC OS UPDATE HAS OCCURRED!

MY GUIDE ALSO CONTAINS DETAILED MAC OS INSTALLATION GUIDELINES! If you are not able or if you are too lazy to read and apply my guide, what else can I do?

With respect to all recent issue reports related with the most recent macOS 10.13.2 Installation, see for instance @ccozmo 's useful comment in post #2132 above!

The general attitude and feedback of some of you is neither adequate nor acceptable.

Sorry for these straight and direct feedback from my side. But it is really a pain to read some of your replies, which apparently lack any base and are just the result of laziness and an assumed comfortability, which is simply impossible to be implemented in the way you would like!

PLEASE FIRST CAREFULLY THINK, READ AND APPLY MY GUIDELINES WHEREEVER NECESSARY AND THEN SHOUT AND COMPLAIN IF REALLY NECESSARY! BUT DON'T DO IT THE OTHER WAY ROUND!

Many thanks in advance,

KGP
That's true... to prevent some additional problems it's maybe better to don't share additional EFI
"80% prepared for PrimeDeluxe users" - with some bigger differences of WiFi cards, TB3 etc etc...
it could be even worst....

I think it will be good to mention about that on beginning of your guide:
"Attention: Read this guide carefully 10 times before post questions etc...
if you are to lazy - be even more lazy and don't even post messages without value and not helpful for others"
- something like that, but bigger and red :p

BTW: That's true, I have often that feeling, ...
I can understand if someone wan't to read 2k of posts but people very often don't read last 1-2 pages
or even last few posts... and something similar we can see with some bigger/smaller guide updates
or even EFI updates... - this is something crazy for me...

PS: I can't say I'm perfect, because even like one of first users, from beginning of that guide, I miss something
sometimes..., but on the same time we can see situations when I can understand why you can just
see/read some posts, put your head down (if it's good translation) and ask your self How is it possible....
after so many hours/days of work - still questions which discharge your power :D :p

Last edited:
That's true... to prevent some additional problems it's maybe better to don't share additional EFI
"80% prepared for PrimeDeluxe users" - with some bigger differences of WiFi cards, TB3 etc etc...
it could be even worst....

I think it will be good to mention about that on beginning of your guide:
"Attention: Read this guide carefully 10 times before post questions etc...
if you are to lazy - be even more lazy and don't even post messages without value and not helpful for others"
- something like that, but bigger and red :p

BTW: That's true, I have often that feeling, ...
I can understand if someone wan't to read 2k of posts but people very often don't read last 1-2 pages
or even last few posts... and something similar we can see with some bigger/smaller guide updates
or even EFI updates... - this is something crazy for me...

PS: I can't say I'm perfect, because even like one of first users, from beginning of that guide, I miss something
sometimes..., but on the same time we can see situations when I can understand why you can just
see/read some posts, put your head down (if it's good translation) and ask your self How is it possible....
after so many hours/days of work - still questions which discharge your power :D :p

Yup, already NVIDIA and ATI graphics cards users would require additional and separate EFI-Folder distributions, each different Skylake-X processor and likely each different mainboard would also require an additional and separate EFI-Folder distribution, etc., etc. etc., which is imply impossible to be achieved!

Within my detailed guidelines, I really try to help all of you and to address and consider all your needs and requirements for all your different build and system configurations!

If nobody reads my guidelines, we definitely reached a dead end!

Sorry guys!

Here, I try to update by app store and it seems to complete the process but when it restarts it is the same.

I have downloaded the Combo update 10.13.2 and it does not do anything either, when restarting it follows in 10.13.1.

The following response is addressed to all NVIDIA users!

DON'T USE the 10.13.2 COMBO UPDATE! It has a different build number (!! 17C89 instead of 17C88 !!), incompatible with the actual WEB DRIVER DISTRIBUTION!

Update: see post #2147... Nvidia Web Driver now also compatible with Combo update 10.13.2!

Last edited:
Hi, I have your same motherboard but I can not even boot from USB with the EFI that you used in the group, it always comes back to the BIOS screen. I used the BIOS settings you posted. If you could give me some indications I would be grateful !!!

Asus X299 Mark 1
I9 7900X
32GB G.Skill
2 x R9 280x
960 evo 250GB
840 evo 250GB

Hello , forgive me I still saw your message now , sorry.

I create pendrives usb installer I followed these steps.
1- download high sierra appstore
2- download the latest version clover
3- format usb drive in hfs+ with name USB and install clover in usb drive with options ( in the photo )
4- when finished installing replace in efi (all folder , I attach you) , and eject efi partition ( but no USB partition )
5- use in terminal this command :
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --nointeraction

USB finish

6-configure Bios using bios configuration for KGP
7-press f8 and launch USB installer ( my graphic is nvidia and my cpu 7820X ) I use command for install in HFS+ ( APFS it's slower in my case ).
8-to terminate install and arrival at the desk , install clover in HDD ( I use M2 960 samsung ssd) and use this options ( in photos ).

modify the options depending on your cpu and your gpu in clover an in folder kext VoodooTSCSync.kext ( for cores ) in EFI HDD ( I attach you ).

I Attach my SSDT for board and my kexts.

I have installed 10.13.2 all working

I hope it helps you

Attachments

• Clover options HDD.zip
    1,010.2 KB · Views: 74
  • clover usb.png
    clover usb.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 205
  • EFI-usb.zip
    12.4 MB · Views: 82
  • SSDT and Kext Clover HDD.zip
    417.6 KB · Views: 77
Long time no see everybody.

I have good news:
10.13.2 seems to solve my USB related issues. No more allocation errors, even under stress situations.

Happy capitalistic X-Mas !!!

PS: Running Photos makes the computer crash from time to time... hate that app anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back